IGNORED

When Are Serie A Team's Getting Punnishsed?

I don't know think they might have to make an example out of someone

38356[/snapback]

I was thinking the same things Adam, if they don't make show to be hard on them then they will lose more money as a result negative press towards the organisation cause of there soft approach, they will come down hard on Juve IMO.

do you think if chelsea, man u, arsenal,liverpool and (for prides sake) Everton were found in the same position, the FA would relegate them?

of course not, it wouldn't just hurt those teams, it would effect all the teams, sky rights would fall apart all kinds of sales would drop, the same quality of players wouldn't come in from abroad, etc etc.

The league would be considered a joke as the clubs that everyone knows and expects to see at the top of the table would be gone.

the only thing that would benefit would be the English players who, with less top class players coming in would get more of a chance to play.

Its a very strange thing.

I remember the commentators of the world cup final saying that the result would be heard on Monday 10th, but then it was Wednesday 12th, and we are still waiting.

I agree, somebody will be made a scapegoat. If it is proved, something should be done. If everybody gets away with it, which i think unlikely, I think that would be almost as damaging as all being relegated - nobody would have any faith in their football, or their legal set up.

;)

Juve have said they want to keep thier players but they will allow them to be loaned out. for 1 season, Sounds to me like their expecting To be in Serie B next year, Which considering they've been the worst offenders in this case isnt quite justice.

when Clubs have been punnished for fraudulant Accounts (fiorentina 2001) they have been relegated, so if Juventus are not relegated then Italian football is bent to the core.

Juve have said they want to keep thier players but they will allow them to be loaned out. for 1 season, Sounds to me like their expecting To be in Serie B next year, Which considering they've been the worst offenders in this case isnt quite justice.

when Clubs have been punnished for fraudulant Accounts (fiorentina 2001) they have been relegated, so if Juventus are not relegated then Italian football is bent to the core.

38542[/snapback]

:( this sort of thing goes on a lot ;) and not just in italy :o sad but true we should find out today ;)

latest from Sky Sports website...

The verdicts in Italy's match-fixing scandal will be announced at 19:00 local time (18:00 BST) on Friday evening, after the closure of the stock exchange.

Four of Serie A's biggest clubs and 26 officials from the footballing fraternity are under investigation at Rome's Olympic Stadium for alleged match-fixing of domestic games.

If found guilty the clubs are expected to be punished severely, with relegation, expulsion from European competitions and points deductions set to be meted out.

Juventus are expected to suffer the worst outcome, but reports in Italy suggest Milan could be the only club to avoid relegation.

The verdicts are set to be broadcast live on Italian television and the clubs will have three days to appeal the decision after discovering their fate.

The Federal Court will hear their appeals and make a final decision within a week to ensure the Italian Football Federation are able to submit their list of clubs to be involved in next season's European competitions by July 25.