IGNORED

Matthew Pennington

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/07/01/pennington-signs-pro-deal

Signed a pro deal at 18 today. A Centre back that's played a bit of Under 19 for England.

Anyone seen anything of him or know much of him, much of a prospect?

Seems smart lad, picking up 10 A* GCSE's! Rare enough from a footballer especially the amount of time they spend training as well, gives himself decent options if things don't work out.

Wow, impressed with his grades, nice to see a footballer smarter than your average rock for once. Good luck and congrats to him. Haven't heard of him at all, which leads me to think he isn't one of our big "Up and comers", then again, he is only 18, we'll see how he progresses over the next two years.

The only other player that I can think of that got A*s for his GCSE's was Lampard. I've he's only half as good a player as him, he'll be a legend. Hpoefully, his performance of his studies are a sign that he's smart and motivated; not many youth players can or want to keep up with their studies. Good lad, and good luck!

• 5 months later...

Martinez has complained more than once about how English teams don't offer a realistic path to the first team - which leaves us short of solid young English players. It's no accident that Everton have loaned out many of the brightest young players this year to get them real experience. Personally, I see this as a good sign and shows Martinez' commitment to the future of Everton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone (it's been a while since I've been on here!) . Just watched an interview with this lad on the OS, he seems a bright kid (just read above posts, impressive!). Does anyone know how his performances were at Tranmere?

Edited by MatthewT

Hello everyone (it's been a while since I've been on here!) . Just watched an interview with this lad on the OS, he seems a bright kid (just read above posts, impressive!). Does anyone know how his performers were at Tranmere?

I spoke with a Tranmere fan who was absolutely raving about him. Saying he was top class. I hope we loan him out to a Championship club this year.

Hello everyone (it's been a while since I've been on here!) . Just watched an interview with this lad on the OS, he seems a bright kid (just read above posts, impressive!). Does anyone know how his performers were at Tranmere?

Heard nothing but good things about him from them and it was their Supporters Trust or something that paid to get him back on loan the second time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Coventry Telegraph Player of the month at Coventry City in his first month of loan there. Been playing RB, but last match played CB against Walsall for a 0-2 win.

According to coventry fan reports he was excellent in that position.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/everton-loan-star-matthew-pennington-8411797