IGNORED

Some Help Please If Possible

Adam

As some of you might know am in the process of 'doing up' my first house. brought the house quite cheap and doing a load of work on it. Have put new double glazing in replaced ceiling where needed brought a new kitchen however,

One thing I have not done is touched the boiler. In the house is a normal boiler as fair as I can tell in one of the bedrooms.

I would like to get rid of and maybe put in a combi boiler on the wall in the kitchen enabling me to be able to take out the boiler in the bedroom.

Now I am not planning on doing this myself I would get someone like British Gas to do it but can't be asked to get them to come and give me a quote as they are most prob like double glazing people and want to stay for the week.

There is no central heating in my house so removal hopefully wouldn't be that bad.

My question is has anyone had a new combi boiler installed as of late and could give me a rough price on taking out old boiler and putting in new combi boiler.

If not to expensive migh look at putting central heating in and would need 5 radiators

Any help would be great.

My mum recently had a combi boiler moved from the bedroom to the kitchen and i think it cost her around £500 just to have it moved!

If you aint already got central heating then just get it installed and ask them to put the boiler in the kitchen and disconect your old one. You can then remove the bedroom boiler and pipework yourself and have a shiney new central heating system for your house!

Cheers am sure you are right Mac that have to have a corgi reg guy to do it.

£500 just to move a boiler. God knows how much a new one is going to cost then.

Maybe I will just have to wrap up warm in the winter and hope I don't get frost bite

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help Adam, but once a few more of the boys on here log in I'm pretty sure one of them will be more knowledgeable and practical. Even know a friend of a friend who will do it cheap.

ATB

Mac

Cheers am sure you are right Mac that have to have a corgi reg guy to do it.

£500 just to move a boiler. God knows how much a new one is going to cost then.

Maybe I will just have to wrap up warm in the winter and hope I don't get frost bite

38575[/snapback]

Think its harder to move one than to fit a new one thats why i suggested to get it disconnected and remove it yourself.

Adam

Are you currently a british gas customer?????

If so, you will probably get a good deal from them, if not you will still get a good deal from them

Go onto their website and check it out, they are very keen these days for people to upgrade to a more efficient boiler. and especiially in the summer when there is less demand for this type of stuff. And they shouldnt rip you off (you've got to play the game with the sales man, tell him your getting competative quotes) because they are accountable to ofgas even though their a private company.

GOOD LUCK

• 3 weeks later...

Changed the topic title a little bit as need some more advice please regarding my house.

I have brought a new kitchen and about to get plasterer in to sort out the walls.

Now I want to get an electriction in to re-wire the kitchen. I have been told it would be best to have the kitchen electrics seperate from the rest of the house (means nothing to me) but just the guys advice as its my dad.

Anway does anyone know roughly (very ball park fiqure) what I would be looking at price wise. Don't want to get someone in to qoute if its going to be in the £1000's as don't have that sort of money.

Hope it makes sense

Cheers for any advice

Changed the topic title a little bit as need some more advice please regarding my house.

I have brought a new kitchen and about to get plasterer in to sort out the walls.

Now I want to get an electriction in to re-wire the kitchen. I have been told it would be best to have the kitchen electrics seperate from the rest of the house (means nothing to me) but just the guys advice as its my dad.

Anway does anyone know roughly (very ball park fiqure) what I would be looking at price wise. Don't want to get someone in to qoute if its going to be in the £1000's as don't have that sort of money.

Hope it makes sense

Cheers for any advice

43103[/snapback]

I'v got a mate who's a spark and he's pricing a few jobs for my house tonight after work so i'l ask him and get a ball park figure for you Adam.

As you & the long timers would no im actually a long term "Sparky"...

However, I havent touched anything domestic since the 80's..LOL..So on this occasion unless your residence is a Chinese Bulk Grain Carrier Ill abstain form offering advice..

Though like anything the existing state of your electrical system/layout will be a key factor.

Or you could always take the Chinese sailors line of sticky tape, shrinkwrap & scissors. ( Ive seen this done off mains generators..LOL)

ALso remebr like the Gas, you have to have a certified electrician complete any electircal works in your home these days. Think Louis is an apptrentice domestic Lecky these days?

Best of luck mate with the whole reno.

Adam my mate the spark said "it wouldnt cost much" fookin typical, he said the price of your job would be dependant on the current state of your electrics and the state of the kitchen.

What he did tell me of use was you are correct that you will require the kitchen on a separate ring and if you already have an MCB type fuse board this will be a simple addition.

I would say no more than a few hundred pounds under half of the £1000 you mentioned yesterday.

Cheers for the advice. I had yesterday of work to take my parents to the airport or there holiday (hope they hurry back as means mine will be nearer)

Anyway.

I had a plumber round to cap of the sink taps so ould remove the old sink and units

I also had a guy round to give me a price to install the kitchen. £550.

I then had a sparky from work round to look at the house. First think he said was that the board would have to be changed as would not handle the change with a seperate whatever it is for the kitchen and the rest of the house. Anyway the board is £160 (to buy and install) and he said to re wire the kitchen will be about £360.

So anyway my kitchen is going to cost me £1500 (already paid for the kitchen) another £500 for the plaster to come in and sort every thing out and then another £1000 or so to re wire and also get it installed.

Bloody hell house cost a lot of money.

Still as long as the house is re valued after its all finished and I get the money back that I have spent on it I don't care.

Central heating next if the house value has gone up enough