IGNORED

What market are we shopping in?

So Liverpool Spurs and other top 4 wannabes are regularly spending 8million + on squad fillers and first teamers. We are not in that market.

Norwich Cardiff Swansea Villa

Seem to have bought some quality bargains using some decent scouting. I don't think we are in this market.

Everton (other prem teams)

Seem to be shopping in the bargain bin for anything half decent who would come to us.

I know it's always been the way but I don't get why we don't have the scouting network or cash of a villa Norwich Swansea etc.

Take the barca youngster as the exception to the rule and the signings we have made do not fill me with imagination and confidence.

Would I be right in saying the perm head count average age has gone up since Martinez joined.

Simple, we don't have the cash because we have many loans/mortgages due to the chairman/board/directors not investing in the club(my opinion on this is that they should never have been allowed near the club in the first place if they were not going to invest)

Also IF and it seems to be a big IF the club is actually for sale then the said asking price of £120m on an initial £20m investment is just ludicrous imo, especially when you consider the overall financial situation at the club, and on top of that the stadium situation. The only person who could sort us back on the level again would be an Arab Sheik, your going to be talking £500m minimum to buy in and get Everton going again.

That's IF we are for sale of course, personally i think Bill just wants a blank cheque from someone and him to still be in charge, morbid as it sounds we are stuck with him till the end imo. I do think though if there is any shred of truth in that rumour about him turning down the Man City Sheiks then i fail to see how he can call himself an Evertonian and say he wants the best for the club.

We have the same financial restraints every season, so why do some of you get frustrated by expecting us to pull a £20m signing out of the hat? We are a team that must identify our needs and cover them as best as we can.

I don't know mate some people still don't seem to get the picture, we all know the situation it's been the same for ages now, for the first time in a while there might be some light at the end of the tunnel though with the possible council site for a stadium, but it's a long way down the line.

We have the same financial restraints every season, so why do some of you get frustrated by expecting us to pull a £20m signing out of the hat? We are a team that must identify our needs and cover them as best as we can.

You don't really think that's what this thread is about do you? It's Memma so it's far more likely that it's just another attempt to criticise Martinez.

The cautious market because, despite being in a completely NEW financial situation (TV money trebled, financial FairPlay rules, masses off the wage bill) it doesn't pay to be frivolous with new found fortune (relatively speaking of course)

Probably home and bargain. You can get cadburys chocolate fingers, just like you can in tesco. Only they are a week closer to their sell by date, so they cost half the price.

But we get our fruit from the market, because it is fresh and has less pesticides than the fruit at the adsa.

I'm lost in my own metaphors, but I'm about the have a pepperoni pizza I got at tesco.

The cautious market because, despite being in a completely NEW financial situation (TV money trebled, financial FairPlay rules, masses off the wage bill) it doesn't pay to be frivolous with new found fortune (relatively speaking of course)

We are not in a new situation at all. The increased TV money was spent before we already had it on loan repayments. Masses off the wage bill? not sure id call it masses. I don't honestly think we have a new found fortune, all we have done so far is fill the squad out, we are yet to actually "strengthen" as such imo.

Memma, You ever seen the fella in the pub who drives the 1990 Porsche with 180,000 miles on it, the fake Rolex watch, the tailored suits from Thailand, who's remortgaged his 4 bed detached house, and has maxed 10 credit cards? Who makes out he's minted but is skint???

Think of his poor wife having to go shopping to support his 4 kids and put food on the table. We are shopping in the same market as her.

Her name is roberta Martinez, his previous wife davina Moyes had enough and now lives with a multi millionaire. Davina has now been given Amex black card and has been to Harrods but after years of aldi, netto and pound land hasn't a fuckin clue what to buy. The millionaires kids wonder why there's no food in the cupboards, if the poor cow doesn't get a grip they will get daddy to get rid.

Memma, You ever seen the fella in the pub who drives the 1990 Porsche with 180,000 miles on it, the fake Rolex watch, the tailored suits from Thailand, who's remortgaged his 4 bed detached house, and has maxed 10 credit cards? Who makes out he's minted but is skint???

Think of his poor wife having to go shopping to support his 4 kids and put food on the table. We are shopping in the same market as her.

Her name is roberta Martinez, his previous wife davina Moyes had enough and now lives with a multi millionaire. Davina has now been given Amex black card and has been to Harrods but after years of aldi, netto and pound land hasn't a fuckin clue what to buy. The millionaires kids wonder why there's no food in the cupboards, if the poor cow doesn't get a grip they will get daddy to get rid.

Lol love the analogies, even if you still cant get over Moyes!

said it in the jelavic thread...haf is obsessed with moyes

also neville and moyes off the wage bill..probably 100-120k a week gone there...i'd call that a lot

Wouldn't say obsesessed with Moyes, just quite amazed that people haven't seen the emporer standing in the technical area at goodison for the past 5 years wearing no clothes, some still think he was wearing a tracksuit making smart decisions and we owe him sort sort of gratitude (whilst he's trying to get his old trusty goodison servants to join him).

If he tries that at old trafford the won't just see it, they will have him done for public indecency.

I think we will soon see what market we are shopping in...

Calm down Haf. I've got a tailored suit from Thailand. I've had it for three years, it is much better quality than suits that cost four times as much from over here.

It even has a royal blue silk lining. Only took them little fellas three days after measuring me up, fitted first time.

I'll give you the rest of it though.

We are not in a new situation at all. The increased TV money was spent before we already had it on loan repayments. Masses off the wage bill? not sure id call it masses. I don't honestly think we have a new found fortune, all we have done so far is fill the squad out, we are yet to actually "strengthen" as such imo.

yes, we are. 20m more a year is a different situation. loans and debt were promised against this years TV money, about 2 years ago if i remember correctly, which wouldve meant they were promised against the old deal. That means the 20m doesnt have to go towards the debts.

Moyes, Neville, Mucha, Hitz off the wage bill (just for starters) - grand total of around 11m off the wage bill. Thats not including background staff, and not counting incoming staff.

8m spent so far on 4 players and a manager. noone sold, no need to sell. Id say were in a completely new situation. If I get time, im going to research and present the facts (as well as I can) but need to do the research 1st.

I don't think the wage bill will have gone down much with a new manager and back room team and 4 new signings.

Not sure how Swansea are investing so heavily are they not in a similar position to us surely our income is higher.

Not meaning to patronise you, but I think you are looking at our club from a very simplistic point of view. We don't need to sign marquee unproven premier league players - for every Thierry Henry there is a Bilyaltdinov and a Juan Sebastian Veron.

Besides that we do not have the money - not sure how much you've looked into our clubs finances but we got ourselves into a wee bit of trouble signing the likes of Materazzi, Dacourt, Collins etc when we didnt have the investment in. Which never came - hence monstrous mortgage.

The likes of Swansea, West Ham etc feel they can not afford to scrimp - their squads require the quality to give them the best chance of avoiding the trap door this season - relegation will be more costly than ever. Its a tough hand to play, keep the money and maybe get relegated, spend a fair bit and get relegated or survive (relegation would be horrendous in this situation).

I think we are well positioned, RM has been prudent in strengthening the squad and we are well placed to react to any changes in the team due to sales. This transfer market has much more to be played out. Keeping powder dry after gettinng solid signings in is fine by me.

yes, we are. 20m more a year is a different situation. loans and debt were promised against this years TV money, about 2 years ago if i remember correctly, which wouldve meant they were promised against the old deal. That means the 20m doesnt have to go towards the debts.

Moyes, Neville, Mucha, Hitz off the wage bill (just for starters) - grand total of around 11m off the wage bill. Thats not including background staff, and not counting incoming staff.

8m spent so far on 4 players and a manager. noone sold, no need to sell. Id say were in a completely new situation. If I get time, im going to research and present the facts (as well as I can) but need to do the research 1st.

Be interested in the findings here Matt. I know alot of us felt like we were winning the lottery, but as we know the club do tend to take out cheeky little future revnue based loans... be nice if our debt gets shrunk.

Be interested in the findings here Matt. I know alot of us felt like we were winning the lottery, but as we know the club do tend to take out cheeky little future revnue based loans... be nice if our debt gets shrunk.

going to try my best, might take a while though. if anyone has any helpful links about, please PM me

Maybe we havent been able to land our targets yet?

I dont know....but maybe RM isnt sitting on his arse and is still trying to bring in the right faces. Most of you here seem to be older than 21 and should realise that a higher transfer fee doesnt make a player fit into a team.

If so lets forget players like Honda, he doesnt cost much so must be shit! maybe we should sell Mirallas on now, he didnt really cost the earth so its only a metter of time before he turns shit too...and so glad we got rid of bargain basement Cahill, should never have brought him in the first place.

I am going to judge RMs signings in January when he knows what he needs in his team as he has had six months to look at it. If his current signings are crap, then i will judge him on them.

What i wont do is judge him on how much money he spends. If he spends 10m and we are in the top ten playing good football then im happy, if he spends 30m and we end up in the top ten playing good football then im happy.

Disclaimer: not judging all 21 year olds, just basing it off my own experience of that great age......ye i wasnt the most intelegent!

If that's defo the case then Matt, surely that just shows you in the long term how truly fucked we are then, as despite all these new incomes and what have you, we are STILL light years behind even the smaller clubs in the league.

And Marco, sorry but in todays wages i wouldn't say 100-120k was that much, just my opinion though. Over time i do think Moyes huge wage packet will make a difference, he was fourth highest in the league, 12th in the world or something like that.

Wouldn't say obsesessed with Moyes, just quite amazed that people haven't seen the emporer standing in the technical area at goodison for the past 5 years wearing no clothes, some still think he was wearing a tracksuit making smart decisions and we owe him sort sort of gratitude (whilst he's trying to get his old trusty goodison servants to join him).

If he tries that at old trafford the won't just see it, they will have him done for public indecency.

I think we will soon see what market we are shopping in...

nearly every comment you make includes some dig at moyes = obsessed

nearly every comment you make includes some dig at moyes = obsessed

Ok based on the fact that its the same people who tend to react would you say they are obsessed with defending him no matter what?

They aren't digs per se, they are observation and opinions that can be now made more relevant now that we have a new manager with different ideas.

If you see comments that criticise moyes for:

• negative tactics
  • delayed subs
  • no faith in younger players
  • players being deployed out of position
  • dithering in the transfer market
  • Forgetting where he came from (£12m Baines bid, we were scared of old trafford etc)

Then it is unavoidable - the thread is "what market are we shopping in" - for this alone Moyes gets 10/10 for me, he has done an excellent job for us in this regard in keeping us competitive on a minimum budget. Will he excel on a larger budget, with greater expectations??? Thats for the Mancs to worry about.

i'm not defending him..i'm just saying for someone who wanted rid of moyes you don't half bleat on about him

I did want rid, i'm glad he's gone. I'm not bitter, he did well for us and deserves a go at a bigger club (although I don't think it will work out)

When undergoing change, you need a reference point to the history - thats moyes. Some references will no doubt be good, I will keep them balanced.

If that's defo the case then Matt, surely that just shows you in the long term how truly fucked we are then, as despite all these new incomes and what have you, we are STILL light years behind even the smaller clubs in the league.

And Marco, sorry but in todays wages i wouldn't say 100-120k was that much, just my opinion though. Over time i do think Moyes huge wage packet will make a difference, he was fourth highest in the league, 12th in the world or something like that.

have you already done the research Si? Will save me quite a while if you have ;) Im not going to go into the finances of other clubs, because its irrelevant and will take far too much time and effort.

100-120k a week off the wages = 6.2m saved, id say its a healthy chunk.