IGNORED

Duncan Ferguson

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Everton site having an absolute mare when it comes to buying tickets for the testimonial game.

Either claiming that there are no seats available or unable to select individual seats after highlighting the area of the ground you wish to sit in.

Just another brick in the "We're totally incompetent" wall.

In a week, we've had the app take fans to Man City's website and now you can't go watch any games.

Do Everton's commercial department want any fans at all? Is this an Elstone 'Masterstroke'....."I've got an idea, what about, a football club that runs WITHOUT fans? We won't have to rely on inconsistent number each week. It could be as brilliant as the Kitbag deal, or the Nike agreement or even, the Chang "Deal of the Century" contract. Winning!"

Everton site having an absolute mare when it comes to buying tickets for the testimonial game.

Either claiming that there are no seats available or unable to select individual seats after highlighting the area of the ground you wish to sit in.

Fine now :).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's potentially becoming one for me based on his ongoing association with the club; he wasn't one as a player imo.

I don't get why people say he isn't already a legend, Im not saying he was one of our greatest ever player s but the definition of a legend in the Oxford dictionary is "an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field."

I would say the cap fits

I don't get why people say he isn't already a legend, Im not saying he was one of our greatest ever player s but the definition of a legend in the Oxford dictionary is "an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field."

I would say the cap fits

I'd downgrade him to, "a famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field."

I don't think he warrants the "extreme" label yet.

Listen, lets get things straight here - he was as close to a world class unplayable that there ever was in the 90's bar ronaldo.

The fact he never made it there or only showed that level of ability in big games was irrelavant.... We were shit and had a team of passengers at time. Even though his consistency could be doubted his presence couldn't.

He says himself that he regrets his younger days, but let's be honest we relied on him way too much.

Legend? yeah, world class player? Unfortunately not, could have been awesome.

i think legend is a fair label. Whether it be the performances in the big games or the choking of Stefan Frued against Leicester. I think it says it all that Alex Ferguson wanted to sign him but injuries put paid to that. I dont think you have to be world class to be a legend, you just have to have that connection for whatever reason, like a latchford or a tommy lawton. i hope duncan had a special day with his family and i am made up so many of us turned out for him

i think legend is a fair label. Whether it be the performances in the big games or the choking of Stefan Frued against Leicester. I think it says it all that Alex Ferguson wanted to sign him but injuries put paid to that. I dont think you have to be world class to be a legend, you just have to have that connection for whatever reason, like a latchford or a tommy lawton. i hope duncan had a special day with his family and i am made up so many of us turned out for him

That makes him a legend? Get a grip, that made him an embarrassment. Ask him his proudest moments and that'll be last on the list.

so you know Duncan and you can confirm that?

Don't be ridiculous. I can see what type of person he is now and I can make a judgement call on what sort of things he'll be proud about and what incidents he regrets. You seriously think he'll be proud of it?

He was the most notorious Everton player of his generation. Just because he wasn't part of a team that was out and out successful doesn't mean he can't be described as a legend.

I'd call Cahill a legend too, because to me he was the stand out player if the Moyes era

The thing about dunc is that I am yet to hear a story where hasn't been anything other than a gent when meeting fans - very generous with his time and other players speak very highly of him.

There is also the element of him that he does things his way - rightly or wrongly, he is his own man, not a mercenary.

My niece was a toffee girl back in the 90's and he alone made the day special for my brother, his wife and my niece.

He loves the club of that there is no doubt but he isn't fit to lace the likes of Dean, Ball, Kendall, Young, Southall, Ratcliffe, Sharpey etc.

As much as I love the way he loves us he's just not in that category. I think he's elevated to that type of status because when he played he was all a younger generation of blues had to cling on to. We were absolutely woeful in those days, there were some dark times and Ferguson was all a lot of the younger fans had to cheer or give them a sense of pride. The older generation had the success in the 80s so were a bit cooler towards him.

That's my take on it anyway.

Shaun Goater is a legend for manchester city as too is Andy Morrison - both players not good enough to get near the current side but none the less their fans who never joined the band wagon in the last 5 years or so will not have a bad word said about them. They stood out for the club at a time when they were needed. They are considered legends.

I think Dunc like Rooney represented the fan in the terrace - thats why the way rooney left hurt. There will be players like Mick Lyons who will never be remembered as being the best - but what they represented to the fan counted for so much and that is why the word legend gets used.