IGNORED

The Fellaini & Baines Money

I know no bids have been placed thus far but both players could be sold and would need replacing. £35mil is being touted around but I personally wouldn't take anything less than £40mil for the pair. If they were both to go for something around that figure, which players would you buy with the money?

Defensive options:

CB - Toby Alderweireld - £6m (starting XI)

DM/CB - Marrone - £8m (needs time, potential WC player)

CDM - Nathaniel Chalobah - £6m (Less than 12 months on contract & English)

CB - Cheikhou Kouyate - £4m (Less than 12 months on contract)

Attacking Options:

AM - Dennis Praet - £15m (potential WC player)

AM/PM - Hiroshi Kiyotake - £12 (potential WC player)

CM/PM - Tonny Vilhena - £15m (potential WC player)

ST - Abel Hernandez - £9m (player I've wanted at Everton for years)

ST - Luc Castaignos - £8m (wish we bagged him from Inter)

AM/AW - Antoine Griezmann - £16m - (potential WC player)

My options.

Defensive options:

Attacking Options:

My options.

Why are you getting me so excited :(

I think we should accept at 45 mil.

Then room to buy 3-4 great players :)

Champions league here we come!

If we added Heitinga to the leaving list as well then I think we would need another young CB and two central midfielders. One of the midfielders would need to come straight into the team and the other could be more for the future but able to start games if needed (or he is in form).

The lad from Ajax seems to tick the CB box.

Jorginho/Marrone would tick the younger progressive central midfielder and then we would need someone else to being to jump straight into the first team and preferably he could help replace some of the steel we would lose by selling Felli.

I think we could cope just about at LB, especially if we moved to a back 3 to help cover any injuries to Oviedo.

Thats probably around £30mil at the most which would still leave us a decent wedge to spend on any other areas that Bobby thinks we need cover in.

Defensive options:

Attacking Options:

My options.

I think we'd be overpaying even more than we did for Fellaini if we pay £15m for Praet, we should be able to get him for less than half that imo. He isn't better than Barkley at this point. He's got a lot of talent of course, but we'd be crazy to offer that much money just based on potential. I think Luc Castaignos is vastly overrated though. I know he's still young, but he's been nothing but below average at Twente so far.

I don't think Griezmann or Vilhena are realistic targets. Chalobah probably isn't either. But if you don't try, you'll never know I guess.

Do you know about Memphis Depay, Jurgen Locadia and Zakaria Bakkali already? They're all PSV youngsters and I think you'll enjoy checking them out. Depay (19) is a powerful and skillful winger, Locadia (19) is a centre forward with world class potential (something neither Altidore or Bony had or any other striker in Holland at the moment has) and Bakkali (17) is a slight but very fast and skillful winger who has just been called up for Belgium's friendly against France after only 3 official appearances for PSV. If you want to follow the world class talents in Holland it's probably them three and Adam Maher from PSV, Eriksen and Fischer from Ajax and Vilhena from Feyenoord.

I think we'd be overpaying even more than we did for Fellaini if we pay £15m for Praet, we should be able to get him for less than half that imo. He isn't better than Barkley at this point. He's got a lot of talent of course, but we'd be crazy to offer that much money just based on potential. I think Luc Castaignos is vastly overrated though. I know he's still young, but he's been nothing but below average at Twente so far.

I don't think Griezmann or Vilhena are realistic targets. Chalobah probably isn't either. But if you don't try, you'll never know I guess.

Do you know about Memphis Depay, Jurgen Locadia and Zakaria Bakkali already? They're all PSV youngsters and I think you'll enjoy checking them out. Depay (19) is a powerful and skillful winger, Locadia (19) is a centre forward with world class potential (something neither Altidore or Bony had or any other striker in Holland at the moment has) and Bakkali (17) is a slight but very fast and skillful winger who has just been called up for Belgium's friendly against France after only 3 official appearances for PSV. If you want to follow the world class talents in Holland it's probably them three and Adam Maher from PSV, Eriksen and Fischer from Ajax and Vilhena from Feyenoord.

Prices I made up based on their potential, club, hype and need to sell.

I know of Maher, Fischer and obviously Eriksen. Heard some bits about Memphis and also Bakkali (but only from people mentioning his name on here). Not heard about Locadia before, a name i'll store for future reference!

Griezmann woul be a massive longshot but as you say, you never know.

if its close to the 48-50 mil pounds I think its time to have a good long think about it. 48-50 mil pounds will get us 4-5 really good players. Banks seem content with letting us spend money and BK has announced that any funds raised through sales will go straight into the transfer kitty. I just hope that it will happen soon if it is going to happen at all.

Michael Bradley - 6 mil (according to papers)

Tobi Alderweireld - 6 mil (according to papers)

Both would be starters in my opinion.

Evgen Konoplyanka (Left winger - Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk) - 13 mil Possible starter ahead of Pienaar (Value on transfermarkt)

Pedro (Barca) - Cheeky 20 mil bid. Possible starter. (Value on transfermarkt)

Thats what 45 mil pounds can get you. (possibly a place in CL)

...............Robles/Howard................

......Jagielka....Tobi A....Distin.........

Coleman..............................Oviedo

...............Bradley..Gibbo................

Mirallas..........Pedro.......Konoplyanka

Kone and Jelavic on bench. Sell Anichebe

Duff and Stones on bench. Sell Heitinga

Barkley and Osman on bench

Is this the USA Bradley? don't want him at all! Think we should have our own money to by Toby so i'm not going to put him into the pot :happy: I think if we get £28 mill plus for Felli then i'd take it. I must confess I don't know all about the foreign leagues but I would spend £10-£12 on McCarthy in a heartbeat. Another centre midfielder would be a must say £10 mill and the rest on a wide man I know there is better value abroad but a player like Ince would suit the formation perfectly. I like Oviedo so if Bainesy went he would be a good replacement with Garbutt as back up maybe? £20 mill to spend? A balls out striker that will twat them in from anywhere. Feel we really missed out on Bony but a young hungry striker of that ilk or Moses for £10? The average age of the team would be reduced dramatically. In the next few seasons we could have a young fuckin sexy team : Robles,Coleman,Stones,Toby,Jags,Oviedo,McCarthy,other midfielder,Ross,Super,other striker. UUUUSH!