IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Fuckinell mate don't you get fed up of smelling shit constantly

I get fed up of reading it like the quote above.

You've been waiting to post something like that since I disagreed with you over Mirallas. What a plank :lol:

If you read it again properly I said it was a decent back and forth and both put excellent points across but I couldn't decide what side of the fence to fall on with Kenwright.

If that's smelling shit then no, the answer to your question is no I don't get fed up of smelling shit.

Seriously you should check out some facts first. Everton have debt? Well so do others.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-club-david-conn

There is nothing that special about our debt compared to others. Some have more, some less and this holds true both absolutely and as a debt/turnover ratio.

You are contradicting yourself and don't even realise it. First you say Kenwright could have sold to the first fella who came along and then you claim no-one wants to buy the club (you must claim this since you object to me calling BK a liar for saying no-one wants to buy Everton - so either people *do* want to buy Everton and BK is a liar or no-one wants to buy in which case he couldn't possibly have sold to the first buyer since there's no-one). You actually said there are no buyers, several times:

So how could he have sold to the first fella? Are there buyers or are there not? Could you make up your mind?

As for swapping places, you yourself asked if I would swap places with some of the clubs:

Why did you ask that if you didn't mean it? I know this is just a red herring you use to try to deflect the discussion. It has nothing to do with whether there are buyers or not. There clearly are so you try to change the subject.

As for lying, well he has done it. You didn't see the Kirkby ballot paper? You haven't heard of Fortress Sports Fund (which disappeared once BK got rid of Gregg)?

http://harrrps.blogspot.fi/

I give in its like talking to a 5 year old

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I'll say it again 100% fact, Everton were number 1 choice for Lerner. Aston villa then West Ham.

BK was approached by Lerner and told not interested without so much as a meeting.

Now you can get into the Lerner good/bad debate. But as much as moyes did my nut in I would like to point out that in his early days he had identified essien, Cech etc and let's be honest the likes of moutinho wouldn't have been 120 page threads, we would have had the money.

Hummels, Hazard just to add two more.

I'll say it again 100% fact, Everton were number 1 choice for Lerner. Aston villa then West Ham.

I don't think that's ever been confirmed as fact, certainly not as far as I can see searching the net. Lot's of speculation and "Doug Ellis told me..." but no concrete proof.

I don't think that's ever been confirmed as fact, certainly not as far as I can see searching the net. Lot's of speculation and "Doug Ellis told me..." but no concrete proof.

Usually you don't get confirmation until a deal is done, so you quite rarely hear about failed attempts. In this case admitting it would have been bad for both parties ("Kenwright, why didn't you sell" and "So, Randy, you are saying Villa wasn't your first choice?").

I know the person who found out "first hand" - they put it up on 2 websites and they were taken down within 30 minutes. Of course it was never going to come out as fact.

Regardless of whether i'm believed or not - Does anyone actually believe that Everton have never been approached by a credible buyer?

Lerner is the only one that I know of - concrete. For that reason alone it would not surprise me in the slightest if others have been rejected.

The most galling "rumour" is that Sheikh Mansour was interested and fronted by Amanda Staverley - would he have bought us instead of Man City? I don't think so, but by all accounts he never got the chance to investigate enough.

I get fed up of reading it like the quote above.

You've been waiting to post something like that since I disagreed with you over Mirallas. What a plank :lol:

If you read it again properly I said it was a decent back and forth and both put excellent points across but I couldn't decide what side of the fence to fall on with Kenwright.

If that's smelling shit then no, the answer to your question is no I don't get fed up of smelling shit.

It's a bigun, I don't think I can hold him..... Reel em in

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Echo still does BK's PR. No mention of Lerner, no mention of Mansour, no mention of.. well more prominent investors. The only one of those that Evertonians would have liked was Sultan of Brunei, but of course the evil Agent Johnson stopped that from happening.

Martinez told yesterday there's not much money for transfers. Let's see if that's a tactic. If not I wonder what the excuses from Kenwright apologists will be this time?

Can't find the article, but he talked about signing two or three players and the suggestion is one of them is Tom Cleverley on a free. Does that sound like he has money to spend? As I said, let's wait and see.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/news/29707.html

so 2 + 2 = Lemons?

Serious leap to conclusions there, though I understand where you're coming from. 2-3 player could be 15m signings for all we know, and a free is good business sense.

its funny isn't it, its only transfer time that people look at kenwright and co. No players = Kenwright gets slated.... £28m Lukaku = Kenwright congratuated

The reality is this - the board have not put any money into the club, the recruited an incompetent Chief Exec - we have no corproate perfromance that indicates any real solid planning.

The club needs to be sold to someone who has the money to get us a new stadium - simple as that. Kenwright and co have failed to do this.

article stated he wouldn't get into it because he supports both squads even though he's a supposed evertonian. still think he would be a great owner, his business empire his vast and extremely profitable.

But he has zero interest in football, and sadly he's a bit of a twat; not Ringo levels of twattism but a twat all the same.

very interesting stuff, thanks C.

He is talking about when he was at Holsten and the sponsored Spurs. "I was desperate to move that sponsorhsip to Everton. I met with our media agecy in London but got a deck v thick as to why we cant inevst in Everton. The main things were a) they are not a corporate club B) they don't need a new stadium. The big commercial companies having boxes is what's important, he says, "that's not this club." Everton, he says, is essentially THE most "working-class" club in the Premier League.

I have often thought of Kenwright as similar to Doug Ellis. I'm not sure I like the Everton don't need a new stadium bits but to be fair under Kenwright, we don't, it'd probably be a massive risk with the corporate/commercial short fallings. If we did finally get a new stadium then they'd have to be massive hierarchical change.