IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

At the end of the day Agent Johnson left us in the black, also Agent Kenwright was very much part of that regime(the main reason i believe he should never have been allowed to get involved a second time) What about the stories he supposedly said no to the Sheiks at Man City? I reckon it will take £500m to get us back on track again, very few have that kind of cash, we could have had a fantastic team and a world class stadium, and with Moyes in charge which is what everyone wanted. I find it hard to believe his "Everton love-in" all the time especially considering some of the decisions made during his tenure, if it's true then fuck me he has a strange way of showing it.

Simply put he is out of depth, being an Evertonian means nothing when the job is not getting done, whilst we stay afloat we are not going anywhere, stuck in stupid merchandising deals. Change will have to happen at some point otherwise one year the inevitable WILL happen imo.

Yes Kenwright was around when Johnson was but all Johnson was interested in was money. That's why he allowed Bill to buy the club ahead of other bidders, even close friends, because Bill's offer was the best for him. We were only in the black when Johnson left because of a rights issue he set up from one of his own Jersey based companies which allowed him to buy additional rights in the club when the price was right for him (but within an agreed time) and when this was added to the price Bill paid him for the club (£20m?) that showed the club as being in the black, on paper. It is unclear what percentage of this valuation (£30-40m in total?) was debt taken on by Bill. Since then (1999) our club has been valued at more than £160m with up to almost half of that valuation being debt. It fluctuates.

Bill has done more than alright by us in my book but clearly not in yours or others' eyes, making neither of us right nor wrong. If the inevitable does happen, whatever the inevitable is, it won't be just down to Bill nor any other individual. I just wish he'd got his finger out and fixed that tv screen which wasn't working for almost half a season in the Upper Bullens refreshment area.

Again reports suggest we need to sell to be able to buy McCarthy. Does this mean ALL the new found wealth of the TV money has gone to the banks and "infrastructure" the few signings we did make could easily have been paid for by savings in wages and money for prize money. Kenwright's "few quid" to Martinez has really ended up being just that hasn't it.

Vibrac's back...maybe we are but we're being cautious with our money?

Cardiff might get relegated, they've spent a fortune, what if they've borrowed against 3 years of tv income? They'd have to sell everything again. I just think we're being a little more carefull.

It's frustrating as hell but at the same time, I empathise. I wish we would spend our future income...but that could kill us.

Vibrac's back...maybe we are but we're being cautious with our money?

Cardiff might get relegated, they've spent a fortune, what if they've borrowed against 3 years of tv income? They'd have to sell everything again. I just think we're being a little more carefull.

It's frustrating as hell but at the same time, I empathise. I wish we would spend our future income...but that could kill us.

Borrowing against future income is a very dangerous game to play, no doubt about that, but it's very frustrating as i think we are honestly only 2-3 players away from a very good side. Im no financial expert though and get lost with all the figures and terms that go with it on a regular basis. Done some reading recently on Vibrac and they sound a shady mob, and loan/mortgage company for football clubs basically.

The parachute payments are huge so they wouldn't have to sell everything again. Whether the players they've bought would want to stay is another story.

If we can afford to bring in McCarthy without losing anyone, it would be great. I hope we have got the money left for one more, but if the club use the extra money to steady the ship I'd be happy with that if it means we don't lose players anymore. And if they are honest about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think BK has played a blinder this summer

Appointing Martinez as manager, getting £6M for Vic and £27.5M for Felli , telling Man Utd to do one over Baines, bringing in the likes of Roubles, Del Boy, McArthy and Lukaku and above all else Im fairly sure in my drunken haze that even Haf complimented him on a couple of occasions tonight!

I personally think BK has played a blinder this summer

Appointing Martinez as manager, getting £6M for Vic and £27.5M for Felli , telling Man Utd to do one over Baines, bringing in the likes of Roubles, Del Boy, McArthy and Lukaku and above all else Im fairly sure in my drunken haze that even Haf complimented him on a couple of occasions tonight!

They did very well, I must admit. But did they have to put us through the wringer like that?! :shaking fist:

Yes, if moyes hadn't have been underhanded you would have seen Baines at utd also.. He done great business cause it was personal. If he was still in DM's back pocket, you all would have been ridiculing the idiot, and don't you's forget it. It was personal to him as everyone was saying didn't think he'd do that to kenwright.... He done it for himself, masked as doing it for the club. Lets see were the remainder of the money goes in january!

You know what, the only thing I'm complaining about now is the badge.

All three kits are really nice apart from the badge. The staff getting sorted and the transfers have been great.

If it wasn't for that badge id even buy Bill a pint, or G&T I would guess, everything else is spot on.

Spot on

Bill has had some fearsome abuse off a lot of Evertonians, but credit where it is due his performance in the transfer

window has been great, 3 excellent signings ( well 2 and 1 we,ll see about in Barry,s case and we squeezed top money

out of United and treated them with the contempt they richly deserve. And if the story of him refusing to take calls

off Moyes directly has any weight, then I congratulate him.

Plus as in when some folk griped about the choice of Martinez, and I wondered who else was there, the same applies with

Kenwright until some yet unknown buyer comes in, I again ask who else is there ?.

One incident that said it all was after the Wigan F.A Cup shambles, we beat Man City in the next game with a performance

of pride and passion. Bill was in tears and even the most biased could not say it was for the camera.

Fact is Bill Kenwright loves Everton Football Club with all his heart and I empathise and respect that totally.

Also even at bad times he always walks down Goodison road before a home game flak or not. He also has integrity and

respect in his dealings with other clubs and in return is respected by those other clubs.

So unless some billionaire comes in Bill Kenwright is our chairman like it or lump it. I personally think he does his

best for us.

My only quibble is how the fuck that awful crest got rubber stamped, but an apology was issued with candour

and the mistake will be learned from.. Bill you are ok by me. the opinion of your critics will never change.