IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Was anyone else hoping Kenwright would shut up so the new guy could get a word in?

Not remotely, the only time Bill got more verbal in was when he was talking about the goals, Moshiri had his say and came across well.

Absolutely delighted to see Bill back at the ground by the way, hopefully his health is on the up.

Not remotely, the only time Bill got more verbal in was when he was talking about the goals, Moshiri had his say and came across well.

Absolutely delighted to see Bill back at the ground by the way, hopefully his health is on the up.

I thought he looked terrible, but the fact he was there could be a sign he's on the mend which is good news.

I feel as if I am walking om water ~ I can't believe how well things are going.

First of all there was the win on Saturday. But it wasn't just the win but well we did it and how well the whole team played ~ it was a real team effort.

But secondly the appearance of Farhad Moshiri ~ like most people I had never heard of him a month ago.

On the new Forbes List he is the 1011 richest billionaire in the world with $1.91billion to his name. Abramavich is 151 in the world with $7.91billion.

However he genuinely seemed to be enjoying and understanding the game. I compare him with the other billionaire owners who seldom attend let alone enjoy or understand the beautiful game.

His interview with Bill Kenwright was great (I hope he is not put off with Kenwright's arm around his shoulder real luvie duvie). Farhad said all the right things about investing in the team and the stadium

Well done Bill Kenwright for finding someone who ticks all the boxes.

I was afraid we were going to end up with someone like the Glaziers.

He was on the sidelines when Arsenal moved stadiums so I hope he looks at the attendance figures over the weekend.

Man Unt v West Ham 75,000

Arsenal v Watford 58,436,

Everton v Chelsea 37,283.

He will realise what needs doing.

I feel as if I am walking om water ~ I can't believe how well things are going.

First of all there was the win on Saturday. But it wasn't just the win but well we did it and how well the whole team played ~ it was a real team effort.

But secondly the appearance of Farhad Moshiri ~ like most people I had never heard of him a month ago.

On the new Forbes List he is the 1011 richest billionaire in the world with $1.91billion to his name. Abramavich is 151 in the world with $7.91billion.

However he genuinely seemed to be enjoying and understanding the game. I compare him with the other billionaire owners who seldom attend let alone enjoy or understand the beautiful game.

His interview with Bill Kenwright was great (I hope he is not put off with Kenwright's arm around his shoulder real luvie duvie). Farhad said all the right things about investing in the team and the stadium

Well done Bill Kenwright for finding someone who ticks all the boxes.

I was afraid we were going to end up with someone like the Glaziers.

He was on the sidelines when Arsenal moved stadiums so I hope he looks at the attendance figures over the weekend.

Man Unt v West Ham 75,000

Arsenal v Watford 58,436,

Everton v Chelsea 37,283.

He will realise what needs doing.

good post. i'm excited too, seems a real genuine person and solid business man. something we need.

It's really bugging me, because I feel pretty sure I've met Moshiri in a business meeting before now - but I just can't put my finger on it. I'm going to have to learn more about his business dealings over the last 25 years.

PS - After looking him up online, I found my answer. It was in Russia, about 15 years ago. If I remember correctly, he's very polite but definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. Now I'm going to search business cards to see whether I still have it. Exciting actually!

Edited by Cornish Steve

Good interview with the pair the other day. Kenwright with his usual theatrical speak and Moshiri playing the cool and calm card.

Kenwright looked a bit different. His face looked massive...which could be an after illness steroid like Prednisolone, tends to bloat the face but is essential after a serious illness to get your appetite going.

By the way Cornish...what exactly do you do? You often talk sense about business. And seem to be well travelled and experienced.

Arms dealer is my guess.

That's for me to know and you to speculate. ;) A friend of mine used to call me 008, which I always found rather amusing, because I wouldn't explain to him either. Suffice it to say that I'm almost a 6-million miler (with 4m miles on Delta airlines alone). I'm not in the same line of business as Rusty, but I've probably paid for a plane or two.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I liked how Moshiri visibly flinched when Bill was all gushing with praise for Martinez. Very telling.

I have a feeling that this fella has given a few appraisals in his time at an executive level.... he won't be sat there thinking all is rosy with Martinez. Part of his due dilligence would be to undertstand how RM has done with his players as the biggest risk in football is relegation.

He will want value for money this fella and he will not take kindly to having a £100k a week manager thinking he is above criticism.

That's for me to know and you to speculate. ;) A friend of mine used to call me 008, which I always found rather amusing, because I wouldn't explain to him either. Suffice it to say that I'm almost a 6-million miler (with 4m miles on Delta airlines alone). I'm not in the same line of business as Rusty, but I've probably paid for a plane or two.

Oh well. Must be interesting with all those miles. I'll ask no more.

Although if you are an arms dealer, and with me being a drug dealer...we could make a formidable partnership.

Edited by Newty82

Oh well. Must be interesting with all those miles. I'll ask no more.

Although if you are an arms dealer, and with me being a drug dealer...we could make a formidable partnership.

Always fancied myself as a mule, what are the wages like? And do you have a pension plan (payable to my wife in the event of my execution) :mellow:?

I stole a Curly Wurly in 1967 if that helps. Didn't get caught, suspect the police might have given the case up by now.

Ì remember taking 2 Cream Eggs from Woolys in Birkenhead when I was about 7. I started eating it halfway down the street, to the surprise of my mum. She marched me back to apologize and all the way back I was trying to defend my theft by saying "It's ok mum, I've got one for my little sister too!"

This is good...we got an arms dealer, drug dealer, human trafficker, and a willing mule.

Anybody any good at organising crime?!

As a game crazy kid (10/11), I used to buy games cheap from one store or another and then go into WHSmith's (always had the highest, high street mark up on the sames games) and claim I was bought "Game A" for my birthday, so didn't have a receipt. They would then allow me to swap my game (the older, cheaper one) for a brand new release of the same price. Their pricing strategy was terrible, always had games at approx £50, irrelevant of it's age. So i would save £10, £15, £20 on a brand new game.

Looking back now, it was quite crafty.

strange. one person who has vast positive accounting experience, the other with vast negative business experience. maybe he wants his guy to sniff out elstone and then they can fire him. or it was "well put you on the board but replace you as CEO, just show up for the free donuts and don't say anything"