IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

The board needs to be more independent. Companies (and clubs, I'm sure) get into trouble when the board is not independent of their chief officers. Personally, I'd like to see a representative of Everton fans on the board, and also an independent and proven business executive who's also a supporter (Terry Leahy, for example). Maybe a well-known or retired city official, too.

Meet the new board member of Everton FC: Sasha Ryazantsev

Everton have announced Alexander Ryazantsev has been added to the club’s board of directors.

A club statement read: ‘Ryazantsev, who has worked with major shareholder Farhad Moshiri in a number of previous roles, has a background in corporate finance and has held management positions at the Royal Bank of Scotland and ABN AMRO Bank.’

While the local press described Everton’s new board member as Farhad Moshiri’s ‘finance man,’ as with the new 49.9% stakeholder in the club, concrete information on 42 year old Alexander Ryazantsev, better known as Sasha, is thin on the ground. Until now.

Educated at Russian Plekhanov University of Economics and the London Business School, Ryazantsev is now “a freelance professional adviser focusing on due diligence, capital structure and balance sheet review of companies in technology, mineral resources and football.”

Before going solo, father of two boys Ryazantsev led teams at RBS in debt capital, corporate finance and financial markets, and somewhat interestingly “held various positions at a Russian metals and mining and financial conglomerate in both Moscow and London, focusing on raising international finance and managing a diversified investment portfolio across asset classes.”

So while new major investor Farhad Moshiri won’t be on the Goodison Park board it seems his protege, Sasha Ryazantsev, will be the new money man’s eyes and ears around the Everton boardroom.

http://evertonviral.com/meet-the-new-board-member-of-everton-fc-sasha-ryazantsev/

My favourite line.

Ryazantsev is now “a freelance professional adviser focusing on due diligence, capital structure and balance sheet review of companies in technology, mineral resources and football.”

:wub:

Doesn't this guy sound exactly what we need right now?

From the new director's blog from 2013:

You know, when you watch some adult content on your laptop, then it overheats, it starts making funny noises, hanging programmes and freezing the screen? And then crashes altogether? Well, it was like that, only ten times worse.
He's since deleted the account. ha.

With the rest of Everton fans I am frustrated by Roberto Martinez's tactics this year,

But I cannot see Bill Kenwright sackig him. ~ I noticed after the great game against Chelsea, he came out in praise of the manager.

However in defence of Martinez he has had a great record in the transfer market.

Martinez joined Everton in June 2013, he brought with him James McCarthy and Joel Robes and that close season he signed on loan Romelu Lukaku under the noses of WBA. and Gerard Deulofeu from Barcelona again on loan.

The following close season he signed Gareth Barry.

In the last close season he signed Aaron Lennon and Tom Cleverley.

I was sceptical about most of these especially Gareth Barry and Aaron Lennon, but I have to admit Martinez was right.

Even the most ardent Martinez critics must admit his record in the transfer market has been excellent.

I was surprised that last week Derby County appointed Harry Rednapp as a consultant to help their coach.

If Kenwright won't sack Martinez a good compromise would be to appoint a good assistant manager.

One name that comes to mind is Philip Neville.

Obviously I don't know if he would come to Everton, but I could see that he would think an excellent stepping stone to becoming a Premiere League Manager.

Perhaps it could even be Everton.

;

With the rest of Everton fans I am frustrated by Roberto Martinez's tactics this year,

But I cannot see Bill Kenwright sackig him. ~ I noticed after the great game against Chelsea, he came out in praise of the manager.

However in defence of Martinez he has had a great record in the transfer market.

Martinez joined Everton in June 2013, he brought with him James McCarthy and Joel Robes and that close season he signed on loan Romelu Lukaku under the noses of WBA. and Gerard Deulofeu from Barcelona again on loan.

The following close season he signed Gareth Barry.

In the last close season he signed Aaron Lennon and Tom Cleverley.

I was sceptical about most of these especially Gareth Barry and Aaron Lennon, but I have to admit Martinez was right.

Even the most ardent Martinez critics must admit his record in the transfer market has been excellent.

I was surprised that last week Derby County appointed Harry Rednapp as a consultant to help their coach.

If Kenwright won't sack Martinez a good compromise would be to appoint a good assistant manager.

One name that comes to mind is Philip Neville.

Obviously I don't know if he would come to Everton, but I could see that he would think an excellent stepping stone to becoming a Premiere League Manager.

Perhaps it could even be Everton.

;

Phil Neville is nothing more than a nodding dog/teachers pet who tows the party line - I have no desire to see him anywhere near our club again.

Martinez has done well up to now in the transfer market (hold that till we see if the £13m on Niasse was a Kroldrup moment)

We need to step away from the mid level - also ran expectations which have hounded the club for too long. He has to be held accountable for not addressing the issues that have been glaring for far too long.

A well paid job in the middle east or China awaits him IMO.

The premier league should be saturated with the majority of the best managers in world football. Time for us to get one of them. Can Diego Simeone speak English?

• 3 weeks later...

No one knows. I've mentioned it elsewhere.

Martinez stays, I think it's a Bill move. Martinez gets the boot, I think it's a Moshiri move

Would Morshiri have the greater say now though as he has more of a percentage? Would bill have to get all the others shareholders on his side to make an over riding message?

Sacking of the manager is a board decision, it'll be made not only by BK but the rest of the board. Bill can defend him and make his case, but if the board feels strongly enough about it then the wheels may just start turning.

Same as this, would Morshiri need himself and say somebody with 2% to push through a decision??

Would Morshiri have the greater say now though as he has more of a percentage? Would bill have to get all the others shareholders on his side to make an over riding message?

Ultimately, no one knows how much influence he has.

My perception is that until Moshiri (and his guys) fully understand the club, the way it's run, assess the business side of things, Bill will be in charge of all the playing staff.

That may not be the case, as i am only speculating but based on reports, inside knowledge etc bt I get the impression Bill is still the one in charge.

Moshiri is definitely working on the corporate side of things.

the board is bill, elstone, woods, and moshiri's man alexander. so that's 4 votes. if i'm woods i'm voting with moshiri knowing my shares are worth more with moshiri in charge than bill. if i'm elstone i'm voting with moshiri to keep my job lol before i'm found out.

but that's me.

could be bill elstone woods all vote together to keep him.

Keith Wyness has perked up on Twitter. Insinuating that Sunday tan bob is a Liverpool fan...

Why does that even matter?

The only things that matter are that he's shit at his job and it's ridiculous that he's now a board member with an even bigger say in the direction of the club.