IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/4/22/11486516/everton-board-rumored-to-hold-emergency-meeting

There hasn't been anything official on this and it's a lot of hearsay and rumor, but there has been some word out that the board held an emergency meeting last night at a hotel in Haydock. What the main objective of the meeting was is unknown, but being so soon after a crushing defeat to Liverpool there is only so much guessing one would need, especially with the pressure on manager Roberto Martinez escalating rapidly.

There has also been some rumor that the board was upset with Jon Woods for leaving the game early after Everton fell behind 3-0 in the game. That seems like aiming your sights at the wrong target in my opinion.

It's tough to say how much of this talk is true with no club sources reporting on it, but it's not a surprise in any case.

I think the board were actually leaning toward keeping Martinez for next season, but when the players quit on him during the derby it was clear that he's not the man to lead this team. With only a day left until the semi finals against Manchester United I don't think Martinez is getting sacked today, but Sunday after a loss to Manchester United is probably a sure thing now.

Edited by Lowensda

• 2 weeks later...

Reading comments about how Kenwright and his yes man (Elstone) oppose the idea of releasing Martinez. Moshiri wants someone else in but doesn't have a majority vote.

How true this is, I don't know. Seen a number of people mention it today. A lot of fume ensuing.

Some rightly pointing out that if the above is remotely accurate, Moshiri is no better at Everton, than he was at Arsenal.

Edited by Lowensda

Reading comments about how Kenwright and his yes man (Elstone) oppose the idea of releasing Martinez. Moshiri wants someone else in but doesn't have a majority vote.

How true this is, I don't know. Seen a number of people mention it today. A lot of fume ensuing.

Some rightly pointing out that if the above is remotely accurate, Moshiri is no better at Everton, than he was at Arsenal.

He should have gone all out for a majority shareholding. Madness to be the one with all the money but leave the power in Kenwright's hands.

To be honest he has the power with having the money. An ultimatum for Kenwright and Woods, back my plans or buy me out. He wouldn't have too much trouble from Bill, he's his big saviour after all. I can only assume he's trying to be friendly over it for now. If he wants a majority I'm sure he could convince a few minor shareholders to sell him enough to get the extra 1.1% he needs for control.

But if any of the recent rumours are true, it's another reason Bill needs to go for me. He's too nice to succeed. Nice guys finish last. We've got too many of them as it is.

One last thing on all this, I think it's a disgrace that our biggest shareholder sits on the back row of the directors box while Bill and Woods sit in the best seats in the house.

To be honest he has the power with having the money. An ultimatum for Kenwright and Woods, back my plans or buy me out. He wouldn't have too much trouble from Bill, he's his big saviour after all. I can only assume he's trying to be friendly over it for now. If he wants a majority I'm sure he could convince a few minor shareholders to sell him enough to get the extra 1.1% he needs for control.

But if any of the recent rumours are true, it's another reason Bill needs to go for me. He's too nice to succeed. Nice guys finish last. We've got too many of them as it is.

One last thing on all this, I think it's a disgrace that our biggest shareholder sits on the back row of the directors box while Bill and Woods sit in the best seats in the house.

great post, i agree on everything.

I agree but wasn't he on the back row because he'd given up his seat for the Hillsborough mum? He's been beside Bill the other matches when I've noticed.

• 2 weeks later...