IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

What the fuck are you on about? You're getting wound up because of the rumours in the press? Most of them will be bullshit anyway.

Get a grip lad.

Get off ya horse you little prick.and dontdon't call me lad, im not your lad you little scally bellend. Am on here to air my views, frustrations and creditations to the club.

How is us being linked with everyone and nothing substantial, the shite just spending £25 million, the mancs spending £58 million and the only true transfer movement involving keeping players on perminant deals got to do with rumours you little meff!

There's good old stevO firmly got his finger on the pulse, never judges the club and supports through thick and thin whilst never questioning the club's integrity. Good look with that numpty!!

Cant remember Haf. :-)

In all seriousness though, I'm so k to death of the stereotype gotta back BK and the club at ant costs. Why is it that as soon as a number of voices start questioning BK's integrity another buy out rumour starts appearing and then nothing comes of it.

I would like to come back to this forum after we struggle heavily for a season and no funds are available cause I guarantee these same 'we've done well so far' will be screaming for the guys head.

Cant remember Haf. :-)

In all seriousness though, I'm so k to death of the stereotype gotta back BK and the club at ant costs. Why is it that as soon as a number of voices start questioning BK's integrity another buy out rumour starts appearing and then nothing comes of it.

I would like to come back to this forum after we struggle heavily for a season and no funds are available cause I guarantee these same 'we've done well so far' will be screaming for the guys head.

Sure StevO's perfectly capable of defending himself but as he's not around it's worth pointing out that he's one of BK and the board's biggest and most articulate critics on here, so he's a long way from being the sort of person you're describing.

It's about sustaining progression. It happened under Moyes. But when the squad needed financial backing from 2010/11 onwards it wasn't there and we started to stagnate again.

Under Kenwright that's what you get a little bit of belief then we fall slightly away. It's a vicious circle.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Sure StevO's perfectly capable of defending himself but as he's not around it's worth pointing out that he's one of BK and the board's biggest and most articulate critics on here, so he's a long way from being the sort of person you're describing.

I think it was more the tone of Stev0's response.

I think it was more the tone of Stev0's response.

Realise that, it was the...

"There's good old stevO firmly got his finger on the pulse, never judges the club and supports through thick and thin whilst never questioning the club's integrity."

...bit that was wide of the mark; the hissy fits they can take behind the bike shed :P.

The Kenwright topic has been done over and over. It's just something we have to live with. Firm believer there is two reasons the club hasn't been sold.

1. Kenwright and co want too much

2. Nobody is actually interested in taking the debt and the stadium on

It's a huge project and would cost circa £350m to buy shares, build stadium and clear debt. That's without putting a penny into the first team. Also we just aren't a profitable business. We aren't a big enough brand on a whole.

Realise that, it was the...

"There's good old stevO firmly got his finger on the pulse, never judges the club and supports through thick and thin whilst never questioning the club's integrity."

...bit that was wide of the mark; the hissy fits they can take behind the bike shed :P.

...and my response was to the childish response of 'what the fuck you on about' and 'get a grip lad' I expect to hear the latter on the nearest street corner with a can of wild 'n' white in his hand. Grow up that's all!

Edited by Brett Angel

I'll be honest here Brett, if you reacted like that with a member I'm pretty sure I'd be taking it a lot worse, and I'll save the hassle and direct you the the site rules.

Back to my point, you're throwing a fit about the rumours from the press. Most of them are probably just made up. So I'll carry on being a bellend, I'm sure you will too as you have done it pretty well since day one, you carry on getting wound up by the made up rumours. If it helps, go and read the Samaras rumours. They'll really make your day.

Now stop acting like a kid, lad!

Edited by StevO

I'll be honest here Brett, if you reacted like that with a member I'm pretty sure I'd be taking it a lot worse, and I'll save the hassle and direct you the the site rules.

Back to my point, you're throwing a fit about the rumours from the press. Most of them are probably just made up. So I'll carry on being a bellend, I'm sure you will too as you have done it pretty well since day one, you carry on getting wound up by the made up rumours. If it helps, go and read the Samaras rumours. They'll really make your day.

Now stop acting like a kid, lad!

Plassy scouser!!!

• 1 month later...

Joe Anderson hints that a stadium announcement is on the way..

Tweet from Fan # 1: [Robert Elstone] said at the AGM that the Board needed to make a decision [on the stadium] in the summer.

Tweet from Fan # 2: in fairness to the CEO he didn't say which summer

Tweet from Joe Anderson: Now we all know summer is not yet over and things are still set to bloom.

Even if they do announce something finding the money to build it is a completely different thing.

If we continue to make the 33m from the new TV money and stick a 3rd of that away, we can start to fund a stadium. It just wont happen soon, regardless of any annoucements

Everton wouldn't get anywhere near what someone like Arsenal got for the naming rights.

There will be a big chunk of money that the club will need to pay. It doesn't matter is it's a lease where ownership is transffered eventually or simply a loan, club needs to cough up money every year for something like 20-25 years.

If we spend the extra income on the stadium it will mean others can spend much more on players making it a lot harder to keep up. A lot of that 33 million will quite soon be eaten up by wages anyway.

I have posted this before but it is worth repeating. I can't believe some of the stick that Bill Kenwright gets.

He is not perfect, no one is, but take a look at some of the other owners/chairmen of Premiership clubs and be careful what you wish for. At least we have a dyed in the wool, true Evertonian as chairman.

Yep, you've posted it before, like the other hindered. The thing the gets me is if we had a billionaire from Arabia come in and we won the league, everyone would be creaming in there kecks and would never post such shit again about kenwright. He's either steady the ship or held us back. Up to you how you look at it.

I will ask you this though. Would you be happy with keeping kenwright in full control for the next ten years whilst watching what the other teams are doing?

I will ask you this though. Would you be happy with keeping kenwright in full control for the next ten years whilst watching what the other teams are doing?

Wind the clock back ten years to 2004 and ask the same question. Imagine responses. Doom, gloom, relegation guaranteed.

I think people would be quite happy (and amazed) at how far we've come since then with Kenwright in "full control".

You're blinded by irrational hatred Brett, there are many on here who question the board (quite rightly at times) but they give credit where it's due. Anti Bill platitudes are easy but there are far fewer blues taking them at face value than there were.

He also wanted to build the Kirkby disaster (and I'm not even talking about it being outside the city). He has lied to and mislead fans. He stopped King's Dock just so he could keep control. He has sold everything, borrowed and leased. Commercial deals are poor.He can't hire a good CEO to save his life and clings on to useless ones.

Increased TV money is the only thing that has kept the club afloat.

He also wanted to build the Kirkby disaster (and I'm not even talking about it being outside the city). He has lied to and mislead fans. He stopped King's Dock just so he could keep control. He has sold everything, borrowed and leased. Commercial deals are poor.He can't hire a good CEO to save his life and clings on to useless ones.

Increased TV money is the only thing that has kept the club afloat.

Every club has had increased TV money, how are we floating so much higher than any other comparable club?

More platitudes.

Wind the clock back ten years to 2004 and ask the same question. Imagine responses. Doom, gloom, relegation guaranteed.

I think people would be quite happy (and amazed) at how far we've come since then with Kenwright in "full control".

You're blinded by irrational hatred Brett, there are many on here who question the board (quite rightly at times) but they give credit where it's due. Anti Bill platitudes are easy but there are far fewer blues taking them at face value than there were.

if we had a buy out in 2004 (big investment) bill wouldn't have had time to get his hands on it. Also, how many teams in 2004 had big investment. It's completely different in the next yen years cause the gulf will be too big soon and there will only be one team in liverpool. Also liverpool were supposedly 24 hours from bankruptcy yet look at them now. Never looked back. Some times chances need to be taken.

When Johnson was spending big left, right and centre where you sitting there wishing for more stability or where you excited by the future prospect of everton becoming a big power again? I'll answer it, it was the latter. If bill kenwright advised fans on how much the club is up for sale for and gave in depth analysis on every possible buyer / offer them and only then would I be satisfied cause the man is hiding information and holding back possible buy out scenarios to gain stature. Think what you like, he will always be a fake to me.