IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i take it 1 of 2 ways:

1.  he is going to replace Walsh

2.  article is BS, why would he essential demote himself from DOF to big shot scout.  i get the prem is bigger but it's a downgrade of a job.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Depending on which article you read, looks like Walsh would concentrate on what he's been good at (i.e. scouting) and this guy coming in as an actual DoF

2 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Pretty sure we've finally realised the job is too big for him and generally, his buys and lack of caution of spending stupid money on bang average players was reckless.

Yes I do blame Walsh in equal measure to Koeman. 

Brands looks like he knows what he's doing at that level.

spot on.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Depending on which article you read, looks like Walsh would concentrate on what he's been good at (i.e. scouting) and this guy coming in as an actual DoF

good walsh is a terrible DOF

• 2 weeks later...

The position this club finds itself in must lie squarely at the feet  of Moshiri and Kenwright only they can make the decisions to change things and there is the problem.

Firstly Kenwright who always said for years that he was waiting for the right person to take this club forward before selling sold us down the river with Moshiri, he could have found a multitude of people with money, what he needed to do was sell to someone who had a modicum of a idea of how to run a club, in Moshiri he failed.

Moshiri in two years has managed to make us the worst team in the league by making a host of decisions that are beyond his knowledge and capabilities, firstly before he took control he orchestrated the sacking of Martinez and the hiring of Walsh and Koeman, regardless of what people thought of Martinez he should have given him a minimum of six months to do something with a bit of money.

Secondly after it was obvious to most that Koeman wasn't the right man for the job, he still allowed him and Walsh to buy players, the cost of the players isn'tt a problem after all the one thing he's got is money, it's the fact that he sanctioned the buying by a manager who didn't know what he was trying to create with no evidence of a style of play or improvement, then he sacks Koeman with out a plan, to me this proves he reacted to fan pressure and not a conscious decision that was planned with a manager in the waiting, so we end up with Unsworth who was thrown in at the deep end for a prolonged period because he hadn't done his homework.

The hatrick of Blunders is the acquisition of Allardyce and the continued employment of Walsh, he obviously can't see that he isn'tt the right person to make the big decisions, so Kenwright needs to tell him to keep out of team  decisions and concentrate on the commercial side of the business, if this doesn't happen we have years of poor times a head of us going from one catastrophe to the next, unless we are lucky enough for someone to come in and buy him out.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

The position this club finds itself in must lie squarely at the feet  of Moshiri and Kenwright only they can make the decisions to change things and there is the problem.

Firstly Kenwright who always said for years that he was waiting for the right person to take this club forward before selling sold us down the river with Moshiri, he could have found a multitude of people with money, what he needed to do was sell to someone who had a modicum of a idea of how to run a club, in Moshiri he failed.

Moshiri in two years has managed to make us the worst team in the league by making a host of decisions that are beyond his knowledge and capabilities, firstly before he took control he orchestrated the sacking of Martinez and the hiring of Walsh and Koeman, regardless of what people thought of Martinez he should have given him a minimum of six months to do something with a bit of money.

Secondly after it was obvious to most that Koeman wasn't the right man for the job, he still allowed him and Walsh to buy players, the cost of the players isn'ttt a problem after all the one thing he's got is money, it's the fact that he sanctioned the buying by a manager who didn't know what he was trying to create with no evidence of a style of play or improvement, then he sacks Koeman with out a plan, to me this proves he reacted to fan pressure and not a conscious decision that was planned with a manager in the waiting, so we end up with Unsworth who was thrown in at the deep end for a prolonged period because he hadn't done his homework.

The hatrick of Blunders is the acquisition of Allardyce and the continued employment of Walsh, he obviously can't see that he isn'ttt the right person to make the big decisions, so Kenwright needs to tell him to keep out of team  decisions and concentrate on the commercial side of the business, if this doesn't happen we have years of poor times a head of us going from one catastrophe to the next, unless we are lucky enough for someone to come in and buy him out.

The sacking of Martinez was right. The sacking of koeman was right, the hiring of allardyce was wrong. 

Moshiri has backed his managers with money. Would you like us to replace him with someone who is milking money out of the club like Phillip green did? 

Just now, hafnia said:

The sacking of Martinez was right. The sacking of koeman was right, the hiring of allardyce was wrong. 

Moshiri has backed his managers with money. Would you like us to replace him with someone who is milking money out of the club like Phillip green did? 

Agreed. Martinez simply couldn't go on. Koeman was a perfectly reasonable choice at the time but his sacking and subsequent replacement should have been handled much better. 

I think all of this would have shocked Mohsiri quite a lot. I suspect he thought it would all be a lot easier than it has been, and I certainly dont think that he thought we would go backwards, let alone as far backwards as we have.  There is a saying about you can't experience joy without pain, so hopefully this is the pain element of his stewardship and the rest is joy!

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

In my opinion the sacking of Martinez was to soon he should have had the opportunity under Moshiri to see what he could do with some money to spend for me he is still the better manager out of the 3, of course Koeman should have been sacked what I was saying was he should have been sacked sooner and not backed in the transfer market to bring in players when he had no style or plan to fit them into, then the appointment of Allardyce compounded our problems, these shit decisions were brought about by Moshiri and his lack of knowledge in the football arena, again read what I said Moshiri's money is welcome but not the be all and end all, teams have gone down with owners backing them with money because they make big mistakes in their judgment, are you saying his money makes him right so we have to suck up his shit decisions it's not long ago you were panicking that we were on the brink of going down after all the money he spent, he for me has proved you can have all the money in the world but if you haven't got a clue it makes no difference. Now I don't feel sorry for him he's a business man after all and he's not here for his long term love for the club, he's here because 1) Arsenal wouldn't let him on the board of directors which is what he had been trying to get on for years. 2) Because he could see an opportunity here to make a lot of money with the new stadium in the offering he's not silly he knows that when stadium is up and running he will double or treble his money, so don't try to portray him as some saviour of the club believe me he's here for the money.

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In my opinion the sacking of Martinez was to soon he should have had the opportunity under Moshiri to see what he could do with some money to spend for me he is still the better manager out of the 3, of course Koeman should have been sacked what I was saying was he should have been sacked sooner and not backed in the transfer market to bring in players when he had no style or plan to fit them into, then the appointment of Allardyce compounded our problems, these shit decisions were brought about by Moshiri and his lack of knowledge in the football arena, again read what I said Moshiri's money is welcome but not the be all and end all, teams have gone down with owners backing them with money because they make big mistakes in their judgment, are you saying his money makes him right so we have to suck up his shit decisions it's not long ago you were panicking that we were on the brink of going down after all the money he spent, he for me has proved you can have all the money in the world but if you haven't got a clue it makes no difference. Now I don't feel sorry for him he's a business man after all and he's not here for his long term love for the club, he's here because 1) Arsenal wouldn't let him on the board of directors which is what he had been trying to get on for years. 2) Because he could see an opportunity here to make a lot of money with the new stadium in the offering he's not silly he knows that when stadium is up and running he will double or treble his money, so don't try to portray him as some saviour of the club believe me he's here for the money.

Blimey palf is your "return" button broken? Longest paragraph ever that.

No I just think that aside from being a bit too liberal with his mouth moshiri is positive for the club.  His job is to provide investment and enable the club to grow.... He is doing that.

The manager and the players haven't worked out but there are no guarantees with that.  He wastes no time in getting rid which I'm happy about. 

The club needs sorting big time but moshiri ain't the problem.

13 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Blimey palf is your "return" button broken? Longest paragraph ever that.

No I just think that aside from being a bit too liberal with his mouth moshiri is positive for the club.  His job is to provide investment and enable the club to grow.... He is doing that.

The manager and the players haven't worked out but there are no guarantees with that.  He wastes no time in getting rid which I'm happy about. 

The club needs sorting big time but moshiri ain't the problem.

No mate my hearts broken, I do agree with you he is putting the money in that cannot be denied and if all goes to plan he will see a massive return on his investment,  I just wish he would seek better counsel when it comes to footballing decisions from who I must confess I'm not sure, but one thing I'm sure about he should take no stock in what Walsh has to say, at the moment there is one experienced manager in Rafa in this league who should be working at higher level than he is,can spot talent, play's good football and would be a draw for better players due to the respect he has in the game maybe he could be Moshiri's man.

• 2 weeks later...

notice how all the moshiri stuff has died down, you wonder if its true that lukaku's mom did tell him not to sign.  surely if it wasn't true some sort of legal action would have happened even if they knew it wouldn't hold but to keep appearances and plead non-guilty to the public.  nothing.

could be some grains of truth in all of that.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

notice how all the moshiri stuff has died down, you wonder if its true that lukaku's mom did tell him not to sign.  surely if it wasn't true some sort of legal action would have happened even if they knew it wouldn't hold but to keep appearances and plead non-guilty to the public.  nothing.

could be some grains of truth in all of that.

There isn'tt and I'm sure any settlement will be behind closed doors. 

Even if Lukaku wanted to take it forward I'm not sure how damaging it really was. His stock will purely be dictacted by how many goals he scores. He could be the first black KKK leader but as long as he scored hatfuls for Utd no-one would bat an eyelid.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

There isn'tttt and I'm sure any settlement will be behind closed doors

Even if Lukaku wanted to take it forward I'm not sure how damaging it really was. His stock will purely be dictacted by how many goals he scores. He could be the first black KKK leader but as long as he scored hatfuls for Utd no-one would bat an eyelid.

even so, when done they announce a settlement was made.  not so here.

On 19/02/2018 at 20:30, Bailey said:

There isn'ttt and I'm sure any settlement will be behind closed doors. 

How do you know there isn’t?

I don’t get to the home games due mainly to the distance and then trying to get a ticket is hard which is a good thing means the support is good. 

But Moshiri shouldn’t take the love and money you guys that go to the games put in for granted, he needs to hear what the supporters feel and see the dross being served up and respond quickly, ignoring the poison in the club won’t make it go away but it will drive the support away sooner or later. 

33 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Not sure if posted yet.

https://evertonthat.com/2018/03/05/exclusive-bill-kenwright-expected-to-leave-his-role-by-the-end-of-the-month/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"EXCLUSIVE: Bill Kenwright expected to leave his role by the end of the month"

Maybe true, but no way Elstone is going back to rugby management having gotten into the much higher compensating world of managing big football clubs.

2 minutes ago, rubecula said:

thank Bill you are a bloody hero in my books you paid out more than you could safely do and no matter how wrong your decisions may have been you did it for the love of the club.  it is just sad you did not get what you wanted the club to achieve.

spot on rubes, i've come full circle on him, thought he was a fraud for a while but more i've followed the club i realize what he's meant to us.  hope moshiri names a stand or box or something after him in the new stadium.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

spot on rubes, i've come full circle on him, thought he was a fraud for a while but more i've followed the club i realize what he's meant to us.  hope moshiri names a stand or box or something after him in the new stadium.

Philip Carter should get it before Bill and imho Sir John Moores gets it before anyone.  but your sensibilities do you very well Mark.  thank you ....

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Jesus Christ I hope not. I won’t be sitting in it if that mad day ever happens. 

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

The irony wouldn'tbe lost on me.... a bloke who failed to deliver kings dock, was associated with the Kirby flat pack plans would get a stand named after him in a stadium built by the new owner.....

He landed us with Sir Phillip Green.... leave it at that.