IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Well I think that squashes the Usmanov rumours as well. Can’t see him buying shares to sell to Usmanov.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did. He had an obligation to buy the shares in 3 stages, after that it's his to do with however he wants. Get rid of potential opposing voices, get some money back whilst bringing in a wealthy partner and friend? Sounds like a good plan to me.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he did. He had an obligation to buy the shares in 3 stages, after that it's his to do with however he wants. Get rid of potential opposing voices, get some money back whilst bringing in a wealthy partner and friend? Sounds like a good plan to me.

agreed i don't think it means anything for usmanov.  

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I hope it is Matt. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anyone else unimpressed by Moshiri's comment 'I've spent £250m turning a museum into a competitive outfit'? From where I'm standing he has wasted at least half of that £250m on substandard signings and we are no more 'competitive' than when he took over. 

I appreciate how much he is clearly prepared to invest in the club, but I think he should wait for concrete results on the pitch before making comments like that. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Anyone else unimpressed by Moshiri's comment 'I've spent £250m turning a museum into a competitive outfit'? From where I'm standing he has wasted at least half of that £250m on substandard signings and we are no more 'competitive' than when he took over. 

I appreciate how much he is clearly prepared to invest in the club, but I think he should wait for concrete results on the pitch before making comments like that. 

He didn’t waste it on the signings, he wasted it on poor managerers and directors of football.

he was never going to go on stage and say I spent all this money and we are still shit. 

20 hours ago, StevO said:

He didn’t waste it on the signings, he wasted it on poor managerers and directors of football.

he was never going to go on stage and say I spent all this money and we are still shit. 

He could have said 'I've invested a lot of money but it's a long term project and I will see it through.' And come on Steve, whoever made the final decisions on signings, every fan knows that money has been misspent and we're no further on in terms of the development of the first team squad than we were when Martinez left. 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

He could have said 'I've invested a lot of money but it's a long term project and I will see it through.' And come on Steve, whoever made the final decisions on signings, every fan knows that money has been misspent and we're no further on in terms of the development of the first team squad than we were when Martinez left. 

I agree with you, I just don’t think he should carry the can for the misspent money. He should carry the can for bad appointments though. 

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not sure why this was posted in this thread but those chances created stats........ ouch.

Wonder if it is because we have way too many players who want to go centrally or are already positioned there? vs feeding the point(s) of attack?

When you actually watch the match though it’s easy to see. He’s the one who goes looking for the ball from defence to attack. 

Yes he plays it simple, but isn’t that what the best teams have been doing for a decade? Last week he threaded a thirty yard through ball from defence, right through to their third, straight through the centre. Richarlison layed  the ball down the line for Digne to earn a corner. This happens so much, but some choose to ignore it and say he can’t pass etc.

Though to give Bailey credit, he did actually comment on the play in the match thread...some others went deathly silent 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

When you actually watch the match though it’s easy to see. He’s the one who goes looking for the ball from defence to attack

I'd be surprised if many agree with that. 

Last season Rooney dropped in midfield and the most noticeable difference was he always showed for the ball and when he recieved it instantly looked forward for the pass. You can see this from Gomes and Davies too, and previously Barry. All of Barry's teammates comment on how he shows for the ball and makes it easy, watching Gana is the complete opposite. 

As for the creative stats, he's played twice as many as any of them. 0 assists this year and only 2 the year before of which one was a loose ball from a tackle rather than a creative pass. 

I would be surprised if many didn’t agree. Actually I would be shocked not surprised.

As I said before, he regularly has more touches than any other player in the team each match. This isn’t indicative of a player who hides away.

Interested to hear your thoughts on Gana bro g o e if the most creative players in the team by the way... not my opinion by the way, just factual that 😉 .... as I wonder how your going to spin that to mean something negative about Gana.

Or will you just go quiet on that one?

obvioulsy a smart guy like you knows that creating a chance and it turning into an assist is down to the person on the end of it and not the person creating?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

obvioulsy a smart guy like you knows that creating a chance and it turning into an assist is down to the person on the end of it and not the person creating?

Backs up my argument that the quality of his passing is lacking if they're not bring converted. You really can't be serious that Gana is creative. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Backs up my argument that the quality of his passing is lacking if they're not bring converted. You really can't be serious that Gana is creative. 

Just going of the plain cold hard facts PeteO. Like I said not my opinion... just the facts that the professionals that get paid to come up with these stats have stated.

I do like your reasoning though, that’s the only comeback I could imagine... and it may be true.

But I will ask this again, like I have done at least six times (not to you). 

But if I take on 11 players, roll the ball onto the line, with no other opposition players around you... all you have to do is tap it in.... and somehow, you fuck it up. 

Do I get an assist?

does it make my chance creation bad?

die sit mean that I am a bad player?

Im not in any means saying that again sets it up in a plate for players, but to say he isn’t a footballer that has it in his locker... simply is t correct..... or those stats couldn’t possibly exist could they?

Now there is a flip side. 

Haf smacks a ball, it hits me on the ass and luckily bounces to Bailey. Bailey finishes I’m aplomb and I get an assist. Or even Bailey misses the target, but I get a chance created stat. These things happen.

But you can’t be lucky THAT many tines surely?