IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Guest blueboy122

where's phil neville when you need him :lol:

Ha I know was thinking the same when typing that. We wont be able to sing that to the reds this year!

id take Barry but 100 000 a week is just ridiculous. I'd say that Barry would slot straight into the team in the middle. Instead of Osman who clearly should play further up the field. However as a backup for Barkley atm.

If Man City would pay 45-50% of his wages then yes, otherwise no.

I can see him being brought in as Fellaini's replacement. And I will go ape shit. I can't even bear the thought of him being brought in as an extra body.

if that happen's i'd go mental...i'm not really that for or against thinkin about barry...only as a squad member though..shouldn't be a starter

Guest blueboy122

Take him in a heart beat. Superb player and one of the best in his position.

We do however need some more mobility and speed in the midfeild.

Maybe on my own with this shout but I would look at that Diame from West Ham he's got a £3 million buy out clause? Great player, great engine and he would add abit of steel to our midfeild.

Despite Osman's shiteness this move still makes me puke in my mouth.

If it happens, just please don't let it be our only move. At least cushion the blow for me Everton! Can you imagine my posts if we have Barry and that useless vanilla ice cream up front this season? :major overreaction alert:

I am conflicted about this, I've always liked Barry as a player but I would rather see new a young player coming in, not loan a 32 year old Man City reserve.

We all would. But we don't know what's left in the transfer kitty. I imagine that we don't have enough to bring in a young central midfielder who is good enough (or believed to be good enough) for the Premiership.

As things currently stand getting Barry in should at the very least allow us to loan Lundstram out again. Going out on a limb here, but with Johnny still with the squad at the moment I feel Martinez sees him as genuinely needed for cover in central mid, which I would find a little concerning.

Wouldn't mind seeing Barry come for a season long lone. Decent enough player- age isn't going to affect his game to much. It's not like we will be spending big money or any sort of team will be built around him. he offers a quick fix option should Fellini go on transfer deadline day and gives us a little breathing room until the next transfer window opens.

To me this season is going to be a little about re -shaping the club. Barry is decent enough cover while Martinez finds the right players over the next couple a transfer windows to build a new look younger squad. We can't afford to panic buy on the last half day with any Fellini money.

He has been fairly ever present in the city side since he was signed by the club. consider the world class talent they have in that squad that says a lot about the players quality.