IGNORED

Greetings from Spain

Alguna Vez Tonelada

Hi to all fellow Evertonians from sunny Spain. I retired to live in southern Spain some years ago and have just found your great site. It provides me so much information on the Blues. Obviously I don´t watch them live much nowadays but take in most games on the internet.

The first match I saw at Goodison was us v Sheffield Wednesday 3 Dec 1960 a 4-2 victory.

I have a season ticket for my local team Almeria who last season regained promotion to the Primera Liga.

Hello Alguna welcome to toffee talk, must be exciting to have Almeria in with the big boys, will keep an eye out for their games and results.

Everton are facing a big season of transition and I along with most Evertonians are totally behind Roberto Martinez. 2 draws so far, should have won both

but very early days, playing under a new boss and a new football philosophy. Be interesting if you keep us posted on Almeria, like to know their history

attendances etc. All the best for the season, lets hope both Almeria and our beloved blues exceed expectations.

Thanks for the welcome. I was delighted by the appointment of RM as manager. I think we had tended to become a little stale under Moyes. I have fairly high hopes for the season especially if Deulofeu is used correctly. He is a confidence player who when things are going well he is a potential match winner. Far from the finished article but no doubt a future Spanish full international.

As far as Almeria is concerned I pay 290€ for my season ticket which includes 19 league games (including Barcelona and Real Madrid) and all Cup games.Not a great start to the season 1 point after 2 games but they have the lowest budget of all teams in La Liga and any position at the end of the season above bottom 3 will be a huge bonus.

Only problem is our best player is from the Red Shite Sosu!!!!!!!!!

COYB NSNO

Don't worry we,ve had a few players off the red shite, namely Peter Beardsley and Gary Ablett. Both did a great job for Everton.

Hope your start improves along with ours, all the members will welcome you once they read your post, but it can be a bit caustic on here at

times. stay out of the nonsense and talk Everton and you will find it a very good and enjoyable (and addictive site) Im hooked myself.

That's not the words I'd use, but in any event, no funny business on this one and simply say Beinvenido to this latest individual, regardless of how long they stick around for.

Incidentally the username is a mash on the actual club name. Alguna Vez (Ever) Tonelada (Ton) although some may read it as 'some time ton' or 'any time ton'. I learned to use Siempre for use of Ever. (or always)

The tagline reads 'only the best' it could be worth mentioning.

That's not the words I'd use, but in any event, no funny business on this one and simply say Beinvenido to this latest individual, regardless of how long they stick around for.

Incidentally the username is a mash on the actual club name. Alguna Vez (Ever) Tonelada (Ton) although some may read it as 'some time ton' or 'any time ton'. I learned to use Siempre for use of Ever. (or always)

The tagline reads 'only the best' it could be worth mentioning.

translates as "welcome" I think, Alguna :lol:

Sorry DK, just pulling your leg ;)

Edited by Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Alguna

I notice you are getting right in with toffee talk, making good regular posts. As you see you get addicted to it

As you no doubt know we had a great transfer window and all Evertonians are well pleased,

How are your boys Almeria doing ? Do a post on them know and then, let everyone know there is life beyond Barcelona, Real Madrid ,Atletico and Valencia etc.

Alguna

I notice you are getting right in with toffee talk, making good regular posts. As you see you get addicted to it

As you no doubt know we had a great transfer window and all Evertonians are well pleased,

How are your boys Almeria doing ? Do a post on them know and then, let everyone know there is life beyond Barcelona, Real Madrid ,Atletico and Valencia etc.

thats actually a great idea Mike! Which has given me an idea ;)

Thanks all for the welcome.

Almeria have had an in and out start to the season 2 points from 3 matches.... a 2-3 defeat and two 2-2 draws. but in all 3 matches they were 2-1 up with 7 minutes to go. They have played some excellent football but the defence is going to be the big let down this season.

It will be interesting to see how one of our ex-players fares in the Premiership.....Alvaro Negredo. he is still worshipped here.

I think RM and BK are to be applauded on the transfer window. Martinez said we would come out stronger and looking at the squad I think he is right.

Really excited about Lukaku. I think he is just what we need.

Deulofeu may still need a bit more time but I remember the first game of last season at home to Barcelona B in the second division. He was unplayable that day and scored a hat-trick in a 5-4 win for them.

Who are biggest rivals Alguna ? Is there a team or teams Almeria have traditional rivalries with ?

And what is your ground called, its capacity and the average attendance ? its just that Almeria are a club I don't know much about ( nothing to say the truth).

In Spain I always look for the results of clubs like Atletico Madrid and Espanyol because like Everton they are in the same city as a more successful club ( hated to say that).

Also Atletico Bilbao because of the Everton link with our great boss Howard Kendall. . But will now check on Almeria also.

Hope you don't mind my questions Alguna, just like to further my football knowledge.. Gracias.

Who are biggest rivals Alguna ? Is there a team or teams Almeria have traditional rivalries with ?

And what is your ground called, its capacity and the average attendance ? its just that Almeria are a club I don't know much about ( nothing to say the truth).

In Spain I always look for the results of clubs like Atletico Madrid and Espanyol because like Everton they are in the same city as a more successful club ( hated to say that).

Also Atletico Bilbao because of the Everton link with our great boss Howard Kendall. . But will now check on Almeria also.

Hope you don't mind my questions Alguna, just like to further my football knowledge.. Gracias.

Almeria FC was founded in 1989 and has spent most of its life in the lower reaches of Spanish football. They firts gained promotion to the Primera Liga in 2007 and spent 4 seasons at the top. They regained their position via the play offs last season.

Almeria´s ground was built for the Mediterranean Games held in 2004 and has a capacity of 15000.

Because of the long period spent in the 2nd Division the fiercest rivalry is between our 2 most geographical neighbours Real Murcia and Caratgena (the latter are in 2nd Division B - the third tier.)

But this season there are 5 teams from Andalucia in the Primera Liga - Almeria, Granada, Malaga, Real Betis, and Sevilla and the rivalry between all 5 is very keen.

This season up front we have Rodri a signing from Barcelona B who last season was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday. He already has 3 League goals.

• 1 month later...

Great result for youse tonight Alguna. Valencia are having major problems but to win in the Mestalla is still some result. Hopefully you can start climbing the table a bit now.

Valladolid, Osasuna, Real Madrid, Vigo, Espanyol and Betis is your next run of games. A few winnable games in there against fellow strugglers. How you feeling about the rest of the season?

I think last night´s result was very important and could give them a big lift before a key set of games. They have been playing quite good football without getting the luck needed.

Having said that I see some fans and managers in EPL are still making unfavourable comments on referees. They need to spend some time over here. Some of them shouldn´t be in charge of a Birkenhead Sunday league match!!!!!

Amazing how fickle fans can be. After the last home defeat against Rayo we heard "You´re not fit to wear the shirt" (In Spanish of course) and now on the web site they are the greatest thing since sliced tortilla.

Looking forward to Sat´s match v Vallodolid. Only downside is Suso picked up his 5th yellow and will miss it.

I think last night´s result was very important and could give them a big lift before a key set of games. They have been playing quite good football without getting the luck needed.

Having said that I see some fans and managers in EPL are still making unfavourable comments on referees. They need to spend some time over here. Some of them shouldn´t be in charge of a Birkenhead Sunday league match!!!!!

Amazing how fickle fans can be. After the last home defeat against Rayo we heard "You´re not fit to wear the shirt" (In Spanish of course) and now on the web site they are the greatest thing since sliced tortilla.

Looking forward to Sat´s match v Vallodolid. Only downside is Suso picked up his 5th yellow and will miss it.

Yes, some of the officiating in La Liga can be very irritating. The win last night might be the impetus to set Almeria on a run. Rayo play good football so losing to them is understandable, and you're right that fans are fickle.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the congrats. Sorry have not been able to reply sooner but had an appointment with a hospital bed which laid me low for a while. I think this present side will break up and can't see us surviving in the Primera Liga next season.

Hope everything is ok now :)