IGNORED

Aw right Toffees?

maroon1

I'm a Hearts fan but have followed the fortunes of Everton since the days of Ball, Kendal and Harvey, after the flurry in the transfer window I decided to jump in and start contributing on here as I think we are in for a good season and I want to enjoy it from the "inside". Martinez will find his feet soon enough I reckon and I genuinely see a squad good enough to win a trophy, How good would that be?

regards

maroon1

Cheers Rubecula, and great to see the pics of our hero Alex Young...I just missed seeing him play for Hearts but I was always proud of what he did at Goodison. Our old badge is a cracker and I'm sorry to see what they've done with the Everton one....progress my ass, but I suppose at least you're not faced with a colour change the way Cardiff were ha ha. I'm looking forward to finding my feet here and getting involved.... :yay:

Welcome Maroon.

I admire Hearts fans tremendously cos you Jam Tarts have had to put up with so much worry in recent years

with your very existence as a club in doubt. Hope they are now on healthier footing.

One thing I,d say about Everton fans which I hope you see, is we mostly a fair bunch call a spade a spade

and give credit where it due. Best fans in the premiership ( but I would say that of course)

Welcome again.

Cheers Mike...it's good to be on the board and thanks for the kind words about my club, We are still a long way from safety but are rallying well as a fanbase and our young side are putting up a good fight in turning round our 15 point deduction and have managed to claw back 7 points by the end of August so there's still hope the season might not end in relegation.

I'm getting a feel for the forum and reading up on some of the threads and I'll be jumping in soon with a few threads to start a wee debate

Aren't Hibernian Edinburgh's biggest club side ?

I used to like Scots soccer until the stranglehold of the Old Firm took over at the end of the 1980s. Favorite club side was, and still is, Aberdeen, and there's been some decent battles between the clubs going back far enough.

Every time I see a mention of Heart of Midlothian, I think of Albert Kidd in 1986

hope you enjoy your participation etc.

Oooooft, first wind up on the site..nice one DK. As you well know Hibs aren't even the biggest club side in Leith let alone Edinburgh, and Aberdeen??? you've not had much to cheer there for a long time. Nice to know tho you remember back to 86 and Albert Kidd...I'd thought perhaps you'd have enjoyed the Saturday that followed better??

Anyway cheers for the "kind words"....I'll look out for you on here :)

Oooooft, first wind up on the site..nice one DK. As you well know Hibs aren't even the biggest club side in Leith let alone Edinburgh, and Aberdeen??? you've not had much to cheer there for a long time. Nice to know tho you remember back to 86 and Albert Kidd...I'd thought perhaps you'd have enjoyed the Saturday that followed better??

Anyway cheers for the "kind words"....I'll look out for you on here :)

DK's a touch eccentric rather than a wind up merchant maroon.

If you stick around you'll get used to him. He's a bit like a dose of haemorrhoids, painful a lot of the time but you learn to live with it (I'm told) :unsure:.

Enough said ;).

Just got a flavour of DK (and others) on the Grammar Nazi thread....jeezo that's a lotta pressure for a newbie ha ha. No worries I'll concentrate on my spelling and punctuation and hopefully my good old Scottish education won't let me down. ;)

The Aberdeen thing is a shame Mike, but no need to apologise...there are a few teams worse than them you could have an allegiance to

DK's a touch eccentric rather than a wind up merchant maroon.

If you stick around you'll get used to him. He's a bit like a dose of haemorrhoids, painful a lot of the time but you learn to live with it (I'm told) :unsure:.

Enough said ;).

That is a very polite post MikeO I am glad you explained first in case I got another warning point LOL LOL

Just got a flavour of DK (and others) on the Grammar Nazi thread....jeezo that's a lotta pressure for a newbie ha ha. No worries I'll concentrate on my spelling and punctuation and hopefully my good old Scottish education won't let me down. ;)

The Aberdeen thing is a shame Mike, but no need to apologise...there are a few teams worse than them you could have an allegiance to

I actually think DK likes you Maroon as that is the nicest welcome post I think I have seen from him.

Oh Yeah Maroon watch your Grammar, when I joined my spacing, grammar etc were all over the place

and Mr DK was the first to pounce. But he was right and im learning as I go along.

Besides the obvious Hibs how are Hearts fans feelings about other Scottish clubs especially the Glasgow ones ?

I personally hate Liverpool, and Liverpool and fucking Liverpool, but since Moyes joined Man Utd and their vile

behaviour starting to detest them also.

Hearts fans hate the Glasgow pair more than we hate Hibs.....unfortunately for the "wee team" we've beaten them so often they're a bit of an irrelevance, which pisses them off, but it's always nice to beat them again to keep them in their place. As for the rest of the Scottish sides, teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd are taken seriously as rivals and are good to beat, but the recent "success" of clubs like Inverness and Ross County is quite welcome because we all know it's only gonna be for a short period and they won't actually win anything.

Down south, I'm like you and detest Liverpool...don't like Spurs or Chelsea either, Man Utd are fine because of the Scottish connection in Fergie, and obviously continued with DM although I can see why he'll be pissing you guys off a bit now.

I'm pretty relaxed about the whole grammar police thing Mike, I'd rather see what somebody actually thinks and wants to say and not have them using other words because they're worried that their spellings gonna let them down

You are quite right Maroon, judge their posts and respect for other peoples posts and you,ll enjoy it here'

At first I was astounded by the bickering and one-upmanship but now im used to it, and I never get involved in the

insult swapping. Im on here for my love of Everton that's all that matters to me.

How old are you mate ? You sound a bit old school yourself ( compliment mind you). think you,ll be a welcome addition to

toffee talk.

Ha ha old school..is that a polite way of saying ancient?. I'm in my 50's Mike, but the hairs not grey yet and I'm still playin 5's, (although those youngsters are getting faster and faster :violent: ) I don't mind the banter on a forum like this and just take people at face value, it'll be good to get a different view and interesting to get an insight into the big wide world of the EPL, I'm looking forward to meeting everybody

Knew it ! Im coming up 50 myself mate. No spring chickens us buddy.

You,ll notice im the one who has no idea how to put pictures, videos or those funny pac man things on his posts

im still a computer novice. But at least you are senior to me you old Jam Tart you.

Hope you enjoy on here, its a addiction, I check the site in the evenings after work etc, except when I take the mrs out

or out on the piss with the lads. Got a day off Monday, so sunday night I,ll be in no state to post or even read.

all the best for now, sure I,ll enjoy your posts.

Cheers Mike....the laptop can be a bit of a mystery to me too but If I get stuck, my oldest daughter can usually point me in the right direction, The site seems fine so I'll post away and take it as it comes....it's International week so no game for us this weekend....I'd rather be out for a few beers and at the football on a Saturday but I reckon it'll be the shops to keep her sweet instead, enjoy your weekend bud....oooooft Scotland just went two down...what a pisser

Same for me this sat, a day out wifes choice, the famous old art of keep em sweet eh. Fair play she knows what im like

about Everton, whether I go to the game, watching sky, or on the computer she never complains, so gotta do my bit in return.

Also our legendary lads Blackpool trip is looming ( Oct 4th) 16 of us going. So at the moment I don't refuse the wifes requests

important to be in the good books ( As you no doubt know) Hate these bloody international break weekends though.

I live, eat and breathe Everton cant help that, it will never change.