IGNORED

Greetings from Belgium

Gilles

Hi everyone,

I'm actually not really an Everton-fan because I only support my local team in Belgium (KV Mechelen), but I try to follow all belgians in foreign competitions (especially in the PL because it's the most exciting league). So since Fellaini arrived from Standard de Liege, i saw +- 70% of Everton's matches.

This weekend, i'm travelling with a friend to England to watch Everton-Chelsea. I ordered 2 tickets online and in the confirmation e-mail it said: "If you have purchased tickets using a non-UK address, your ticket(s) will be held for collection from the Bullens Road Ticket Office. You should bring the payment card used to purchase this order, and a printed copy of this email as proof of purchase."

So i'm wondering how long before kick-off do we have to be there (are there long queues at the ticket office)?

There are not normally long queues...odd occasion where the club has messed up (cup games usually when they're working on relatively short notice) it's been chaos but you shouldn't have to wait for too long.

Get there nice and early anyway to take in the atmosphere and have a beer or three :).

Hi Gilles,

The club are putting on a fiesta event at Goodison on Saturday, so people will be getting there slightly earlier. Do get your tickets nice and early though, it gives you piece of mind then until the start of the game. Nothing worse than 5 minutes before KO and you still haven't got your tickets.

Hope you enjoy the game (i'm sure it'll be a good one) and welcome to the forum.

ten.

Just arrived back in Belgium after a great football weekend (also visited man utd and man city stadium).

About the match: I thought the first half wasn't great (on and off the pitch). Chelsea was slightly better but they didn't create a lot of chances (or Eto'o ruined them). The 1-0 was a great goal though, fantastic assist from Jelavic. The second half was much much better, with also a great atmosphere. In the end, i think a draw would have been a fair result, but we were happy with a win from the home team.

I thought Barry was MOTM, what a tackle to prevent the 0-1! Barkley also had some great moments, but he lost possession a little too often in my opinion. Mirallas had a quiet first half but a fantastic second half. He was a handful for Chelsea's defense.

On the other hand, it wasn't Howard's best performance with some shaky interventions, a great save on Ramires' attempt though. Jelavic gave a great assist, but he's very static. I think both Koné (in last year's form) and Lukaku are better players. Naismith had a decent game and scored the goal, but i'm not really a fan of him. He seems like a poor man's Mirallas to me, but i'm probably biased :)

The thing that made a great impression on me was the pub-culture before and after the game, that's something we don't have in Belgium. We also had a great time in the Ship & Mitre near the railstation before going back to Manchester, they have a very impressive (Belgian) beer-list :beer:

We'll certainly come back to Goodison park for one of the next big games.

(I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes)

Edited by Gilles

• 1 month later...

Wie voegt zich bij de rangen, onzer supporterschaar....

(The club anthem of KV Mechelen)

Hallo Gilles,

Are you also posting on the "malinwa-forum"?

Greetz,

Jurgen.

Wie voelt niet het verlangen, om toe te juichen waar... ;)

My nickname on our forum is piwi (it's a ridicolous name, but i already have the nickname on the forum since i was 12 years old so i just keep it that way). What's your nickname?

Gilles

Edited by Gilles