IGNORED

A friendly blue

KingsRoadBlue

Hello Toffees,

I'm a 16 year old Chelsea supporter from Estonia.

Everton have always been a club I've looked fondly upon for no apparent reason, it's just one of those clubs that you like, ya' know what I mean? No? Just me then perhaps.

Anyways with our belgian tank Lukaku heading on loan to Goodison I thought it was sensible to join your community and have a chat, perhaps even a friendly argument.

In hope of not getting too much stick looking forward to chatting with all you toffees !

Hello Toffees,

I'm a 16 year old Chelsea supporter from Estonia.

Everton have always been a club I've looked fondly upon for no apparent reason, it's just one of those clubs that you like, ya' know what I mean? No? Just me then perhaps.

Anyways with our belgian tank Lukaku heading on loan to Goodison I thought it was sensible to join your community and have a chat, perhaps even a friendly argument.

In hope of not getting too much stick looking forward to chatting with all you toffees !

Hello mate.

Be aware once Everton has touched you there's no going back. It's like being born. There is but one way out.

'a 16 year old Chelsea supporter from Estonia' - you couldn't make it up.

You do realize before 1997 and all the money came in from foreign investment, they were a largely mediocre club playing in front of crowds of 16,000 at home in the recent past and had not won a (proper) domestic trophy since 1970. Had one league championship to their name after 100 years, and that was with the lowest points total since records began.

Forgot to say, also the Zenith Data Systems trophy in 1990 which was a mighty fine achievement.

'welcome' to the pages

You do realize before 1997 and all the money came in from foreign investment, they were a largely mediocre club playing in front of crowds of 16,000 at home in the recent past and had not won a (proper) domestic trophy since 1970. Had one league championship to their name after 100 years, and that was with the lowest points total since records began.

Forgot to say, also the Zenith Data Systems trophy in 1990 which was a mighty fine achievement.

'welcome' to the pages

You should be banned from the introduction section.

'welcome' to the pages

How very original, It's almost as if I've heard it before. Before the 2000-s we were doing better then Everton actually since Everton has won only one trophy since 1987.

I may sound a bit harsh don't misunderstand me please, I've just realized that it's easiest to fight ignorance with the same.

Why did you find it relevant to bring that out? Should that make me feel bad about supporting Chelsea? smh

As for the rest thank you for the warm welcome :)

Edited by KingsRoadBlue

Nice to see you on here KRB...good to get different input. Maybe you could tell us about the domestic football in Estonia?. I'm a Hearts fan and we have been touched by another Baltic country in Lithuania and I do keep an eye on their league because of that. Dalziel doesn't mean any harm by the way so don't let him put you off...it's just his way apparently

Domestic football in Estonia like pretty much all the Baltic countries is on quite an average level, I'm not keeping up with the 1st divison because my local team plays in the 2nd division. But as far as the national team goes it's getting better and better by year. We now actually have players in top leagues like the Bundesliga, Scottish league and the MLS. To bring an example here's a fantastic and absolutely crucial goal by from my hometown teams 36year old striker Sergei Akimov.

This came in the 86th minute with the score 3-3 in a crucial game which was a must-win to reach the 1st division play-off spots.

http://youtu.be/LaRPwWRRG08

Domestic football in Estonia like pretty much all the Baltic countries is on quite an average level, I'm not keeping up with the 1st divison because my local team plays in the 2nd division. But as far as the national team goes it's getting better and better by year. We now actually have players in top leagues like the Bundesliga, Scottish league and the MLS. To bring an example here's a fantastic and absolutely crucial goal by from my hometown teams 36year old striker Sergei Akimov.

This came in the 86th minute with the score 3-3 in a crucial game which was a must-win to reach the 1st division play-off spots.

http://youtu.be/LaRPwWRRG08

Good goal that.

Just out of curiosity, who are referring to that plays in MLS? I'm a big supporter of the league, and I'll make sure to keep an eye out for them next time.

There have been a couple of really good Estonians up here in Scotland recently playing for Motherwell, Henrik Ojama (forgive my spelling) who has moved on now, and a guy called Anier are very pacy and have a great eye for goals. How fierce is the rivalry between the Baltic countries KRB? do you have any football links with each other?

'welcome' to the pages

can you not just welcome people in a normal way?

There have been a couple of really good Estonians up here in Scotland recently playing for Motherwell, Henrik Ojama (forgive my spelling) who has moved on now, and a guy called Anier are very pacy and have a great eye for goals. How fierce is the rivalry between the Baltic countries KRB? do you have any football links with each other?

Yes Ojamaa is also a great asset to the national team and he now plays in Legia Warzsawa or something, It's a shame because I quite liked the idea of him being at Motherwell but at least Anier now is making a name at Motherwell. As far as the rivalry, sure when we play there's a certain feeling of having to beat a neighbour but it's nothing as special as you'd encounter between for instance Germany or Holland, probably becasue neither of us have qualified for any major tournament.

Bit random but I just discovered Skype was an Estonian invention. Didn't know that.

Indeed it was, here's another fun fact, the first ever World Cup qualifying match was played between Sweden and Estonia. Ironically enough we've never qualified for the World Cup.

Please do not think we are all like Dalziel Kane. it seems to be his desire to scare people away on the first intro they do. I don't think he has ever just posted a polite hello type of message to new folks. Or at least if he has I don't remember it. I am sure he is not just trying to close the place down though, it is just his way, and I am sure we can all be obnoxious at times.

Well...

3 developers from Estonia, 1 from Denmark and 1 from Sweden. The swede and the dane were the founders. The swede was also the creator of Kazaa.

The estonians are often credited with creating the actual software so I guess youre right but the company was first founded in Sweden.

Bit random but I just discovered Skype was an Estonian invention. Didn't know that.

Well...

3 developers from Estonia, 1 from Denmark and 1 from Sweden. The swede and the dane were the founders the swede was also the creator of Kazaa.

The estonians are often credited with creating the actual software so I guess youre right but the company was first founded in Sweden.

Edited by Peter H

Kinda lika a 50-60 something Aberdeen/AC Milan/Everton supporter from the states?

Said it before but I'm convinced DK is a character (along the lines of Alan Partridge) made up by some comedy genius.

It appears to annoys him when I say it but I think that's just an act because I'm getting close to the truth B).

Said it before but I'm convinced DK is a character (along the lines of Alan Partridge) made up by some comedy genius.

It appears to annoys him when I say it but I think that's just an act because I'm getting close to the truth B).

The most complete forum troll to have ever existed.

He seems to me to be more like Count Arthur Strong Mike, but it sounds like you've been on his case a lot longer than me, so I bow to your expertise here :dont know: