IGNORED

Saido Berahino

Surely its better to get him in now before his price does rocket beyond our reach?

Hmmmm. Well, yeah. If it's a cheap £5-10 million I suppose. But it won't be, WBA will want more won't they?

But then, he hasn't really done anything yet. He's had a good start to the season but who knows? So many 'flash in the pan' then....nothing again.

He looks an interesting player. He certainly has high aims for himself. Very ambitious and naively honest with the press. Stop talking and keep playing!!!

Andros Townsend just isn't that good. Even when people were creaming over him I couldn't understand the hype.

When we played QPR at Goodison, every time he got the ball he looked dangerous, in fact very dangerous. When he runs at full pelt and comes inside from the right he's very good. There is definitely potential of a top player in there.

The only thing for me though.... He a bit like forest gump.... He can run but I don't think he knows when to put the breaks on.

Guest blueboy122

Andros Townsend just isn't that good. Even when people were creaming over him I couldn't understand the hype.

Agreed I just couldn't get excited about him.

He had a good run of form scored a screamer for England and that's about it really.

Because he's already too pricey for us, and I think he'd be setting his sights higher than us in all honesty.

We have a great reputation for developing young players and giving them a chance and would he even get a game if he went to one of the top 4 sides?

Chelsea and City have been a graveyard for promising young players so he might not fancy that

Added to that he will know the likes Barkley, Galloway, Garbutt and Stones from the England setup so I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that he might actually fancy playing for a club like ours

We have a great reputation for developing young players and giving them a chance and would he even get a game if he went to one of the top 4 sides?

Chelsea and City have been a graveyard for promising young players so he might not fancy that

Added to that he will know the likes Barkley, Galloway, Garbutt and Stones from the England setup so I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that he might actually fancy playing for a club like ours

Hopefully he would have a brain in his head and think about it logically like that, but footballers like that tend to be in the minority. Young ones especially.

These posts are funny. The names on the fringes of first team football who you just know won't make it, but there's always someone who does.

I stand by the statement. I had faith in the kid, I think he deserved a chance. Shame his attitude let him down.

Mark, Townsend had a purple patch and scored some stunners, thats what I was getting at. The media blow any little success of an English player into the stratosphere and I'm concerned its the same with Berahino.

The sad thing is that Townsend is still probably the best English 'winger' we have. He is limited but at least he does what you need him to do.

I like Berahino. His movement is sharp, technically sound, works hard and can finish. His contribution in games needs to improve because he is one of those players that can struggle to get on the ball but he is young and that will improve.

The sad thing is that Townsend is still probably the best English 'winger' we have. He is limited but at least he does what you need him to do.

I like Berahino. His movement is sharp, technically sound, works hard and can finish. His contribution in games needs to improve because he is one of those players that can struggle to get on the ball but he is young and that will improve.

I'd take A.Johnson over him to be honest, but I know what you mean about Townsend.

Blasphemy...walk yourself straight to the negative thread.

Not blasphemy Shukes old son just knowing and understanding our place in the grand scheme of things.

It's Kopite speak to insist you're still the best, Evertonians are much more educated than that and realise where we are at.

• 1 year later...

I actually think he's a decent player. Can certainly score a few. His attitude stinks (it seems or maybe ill advised) but for the right price and right management he could be very good.

hes another Ravel Morrison for me; could be a big hit if he wasn't a bigger brat

hes another Ravel Morrison for me; could be a big hit if he wasn't a bigger brat

I don't think he's anywhere near the disruptive figure Morrison is. WBA fans I know rate Berahino very highly and understand he's a level way above them. He's a natural goal scorer - can't ever have too many of them in your squad.