IGNORED

Delron Buckley

Delron Buckley

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Delron Buckley (born December 7, 1977 in Durban) is a South African soccer player.

His soccer career began with local team Butcherfille Rovers Durban, but 17 years old he was transferred to German team VfL Bochum, whom he left in 2004 for Arminia Bielefeld. After only one season he moved to big team Borussia Dortmund on July 1, 2005. In 2005/06 he played very unsuccessfully for Borussia Dortmund and did not score any goal in 28 matches. He has now lived in Germany long enough to bypass the cap on foreign players.

For the South African national team Buckley has played 60 games and scored 9 goals. He represented his country at the 1998 FIFA World Cup, 2002 FIFA World Cup and the 2004 African Nations Cup.

says in tabloid talk on skysports website that he is coming for a trial. he sounds like a bag of sh*t

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounded good before that though....

Last Updated: Tuesday, 16 November, 2004, 12:44 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Delron to the rescue?

Roy Fairbairn

BBC Sport, Germany

South African striker Delron Buckley

No African star is making a bigger impact in the German Bundesliga than Arminia Bielefeld's Delron Buckley.

The South African striker is Bundesliga's joint-top scorer this season with ten goals in 13 games, which is the same total he managed during his entire career with his previous club Bochum.

Buckley's revival as a goal-getter is prompting him to set new targets for his international career.

"My main aim is to be at the 2006 World Cup Finals with South Africa," says the 26-year-old striker from Durban.

Buckley says that his new daughter has helped him find the scoring touch.

"I've been inspired by the birth of my daughter earlier this year," explains Buckley.

"And of course Arminia suits my style.

"At Bochum I spent too much time on the subs bench.

"It was very frustrating but all that's behind me now, I only look forward, the future is what counts."

Arminia's coach Uwe Rapolder says: "We expected a lot from Delron and he hasn't let us down.

"There are few left-footed strikers in the league with his sharpness and speed."

Even Bochum's team boss Peter Neururer now seems to regret letting Buckley leave the club.

"I knew Delron had it him to be a great striker, when he concentrates on the job he can be world class."

The Arminia fans will be hoping that Buckley's goals will help establish their club in the Bundesliga after a decade of failure.

The side has won promotion into Germany's top division four times since 1994 but all their previous ventures have ended in relegation mainly because of a lack of goal-scoring power.

But....I really don't think we need more strikers. I would love Nugent to come but we have Vaughan on the way back, Anchiebe is going to set the premiership alight this season, Beattie is usually v good and Johnson eager to prove himself, McFadden is there as backup.

I don't think we need someone who "might" be good...

He might not be the best but he is a squad player, and that is probably all we will be trying to bring in for the rest of the summer now.

On another note, does anyone think if Anichebe has a cracking season we might end up in another Rooney situation? :unsure:

could do with another one of HIM, we know now we can get more money if we sell, were learning from our mistakes ;) if he turns out to be a amzing player sell to a different league for £50 mil :) then buy aload of players, thats my opinion on what we shud do

if hes good but not good enough for first team ders always the reseves and then he is cover for injured strikers

39377[/snapback]

That is always a danger but I think financially we are in a better position to keep rising young talent...at the rooney time I think the board needed the cash.

Lets hope they want the club to compete up with the best which means keeping the best young talents.

Oh and by all acounts, vidarrson is looking very good too.

I think we will see Anchiebe muscling his way into the first team, my money is on him taking Beattie's position alongside Johnson....

or alternativly we can get him a regular starter maybe winning a few pieces of silverware. maybe persuading him to stay and making us a more atractive prospect for other players

39399[/snapback]

Thats what i was thinking, i want him to be a great player for us not somewhere else. Its so negative to be thinking if hes good we can sell and get good money for him. Everton are better than that.

I know it's only a trial, however some of our better players came on a year trial signing.

If nothing else, like Mac says, it makes players consider their future, and may spear them on to playing with a little more effort, and maybe heart - plus it should ease injury woes come the winter months.

With Beattie, McFadden and Johnson, as well as Buckley who can play in a forward position when needed, we have added another dimension to our squad IMO.

Tiz all gud!

:)

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

Why? Everton have been keeping things quiet now, the best thing to do i think

39465[/snapback]

:D to true, the last time we started sprouting off about transfers we ended up loosing out :( best to keep it on the qt if you ask me ;) look at what we did this summer, B)