• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would Like to see Our Midfield Like This TBH

---------- Arteta Cahill VDM

Hopfully the ------ will be Delron Buckley if he is good enough and Arteta and Cahill could work together at getting forward. We need VDM on the right TBH not the left as he has to cut inside and then cross the ball which isn't the best ball in the box to head to ball goal-bound! :D

I would Like to see Our Midfield Like This TBH

----------    Arteta  Cahill  VDM

Hopfully the ------ will be Delron Buckley if he is good enough and Arteta and Cahill could work together at getting forward. We need VDM on the right TBH not the left as he has to cut inside and then cross the ball which isn't the best ball in the box to head to ball goal-bound! :D

39717[/snapback]

cant agree there mate, Arteta and Cahill in the middle is too weak defensively.

and when VDM cuts inside a cross aimed to the back post across the keeper is much easier to deflect past the keeper imo. works great if the winger has the ability to turn the full back

Being South African myself I have had the opportunity to watch Buckley throughout his career. His preferred position is left wing, he has been used as a striker on occassion but he is not a natural striker. His biggest asset is his pace and skill on the ball. For the South African national team he almost been used exclusively as a winger. As a player he can best be described as a better version of James McFadden. They paly in the same positions, have similar qualities but often do not live up to their true potential.

Personally I have always been a fan of Buckleys and feel that he would add something positive to the Everton squad. VDM is better suited to the right side of midfield and Buckley would be a better option than Kilbane and McFadden on the left. Having him and AJ in the same side would add the much needed pace we have lacked in recent seasons!

Being South African myself I have had the opportunity to watch Buckley throughout his career. His preferred position is left wing, he has been used as a striker on occassion but he is not a natural striker. His biggest asset is his pace and skill on the ball. For the South African national team he almost been used exclusively as a winger. As a player he can best be described as a better version of James McFadden. They paly in the same positions, have similar qualities but often do not live up to their true potential.

Personally I have always been a fan of Buckleys and feel that he would add something positive to the Everton squad. VDM is better suited to the right side of midfield and Buckley would be a better option than Kilbane and McFadden on the left. Having him and AJ in the same side would add the much needed pace we have lacked in recent seasons!

39814[/snapback]

Nice one for that bafana :)

At the end of the day it would bulk the squad up more which will be ideal if we get into a good cup run (heres hoping eh :D ). It's another opition for the team and by all acounts before he went to Dortmund he was superb for his former club....and if he can keep Killa on the bench then I don't see what bad can come out of it :D

He is saying will only be on a loan deal as don't have the money to buy him as we already brought in new players.

With VDM, Kilbane and McFadden able to play there on top of Naysmith if needed does it seem to anyone else that someone will be leaving on top of Naysmith??

Strange one really...DM must be interested or he wouldn't have given him two appearences as sub...but now they're off for ten days. Decision must have been taken one way or another I'd have thought...just have to wait and see.

From what I saw of him in the little time he got against Celtic to me he seemed the same as killa. Head down and run at the players.

If a loan deal and not on massive wages don't think its to bad to have cover though

From what I saw of him in the little time he got against Celtic to me he seemed the same as killa. Head down and run at the players.

If a loan deal and not on massive wages don't think its to bad to have cover though

41345[/snapback]

He does seem extreamly similar but looked like he could actually beat a man when i watched him at preston and he played in a few decent crosses too which you wont catch Killa doing :unsure:

South African international Delron Buckley is hoping he did enough to impress Everton during a recent trial with the club.

The 28-year-old featured for the Toffees against Preston and Celtic during the pre-season, but has now returned to his club side Borussia Dortmund.

"I have loved it at Everton," he told Kick-Off magazine. "The guys have made me feel very comfortable here and the team plays to my style.

"I am hoping and praying I get offered a deal. Mentally it would be a very good move for me."