IGNORED

Difficult one this, but on balance feel the need to post it....

MikeO

• 1 month later...

That is truly wonderful Mike. I am so happy for you my friend.

Oh on 26th of this month I have my next surgery. Kind of major and it will knock me back BUT they reckon I am now strong enough to undergo this procedure. We are indestructible lad :)

Good news mate; indestructible sounds about right :lol:.

Oh on 26th of this month I have my next surgery. Kind of major and it will knock me back BUT they reckon I am now strong enough to undergo this procedure. We are indestructible lad :)

Rubes, will be thinking about you. Keep strong.

In two minds whether to keep updating this but I suppose as I've started and got so much positive (and much appreciated) response I should do so briefly.

Had another big meeting with "the team" yesterday with much examination and all still looking good; still badly swollen from the radiotherapy which can take a year to go down but no sign of cancer and they said that if there was a problem they'd normally have picked it up by now. They wouldn't go so far as to say I'm definitely in remission, and you're not told you're "cured" until five years clear, but all still as positive as it could be :). Two months 'til my next check, though I've got an MRI scan in about three weeks.

Good to hear. Hope the road to recovery continues to be smooth. Strength to you.

Best of luck on this. I truly hope all goes well my friend.

• 4 weeks later...

Brief one but a couple more positives today.

Feeding tube that I've had in my stomach for six months because I couldn't eat properly was taken out (eating still a major chore rather than a pleasure but getting better); and the MRI scan I had last week came back clear :). Still not out of the woods but on the right track.

Best news I have had for ages Mike, great stuff lad. :)