IGNORED

Difficult one this, but on balance feel the need to post it....

MikeO

• 4 weeks later...

Great news Mike, really pleased for you. Rubes, hope everything goes OK, will be rooting for you.

Thanks Johnh Had the surgery a fortnight ago. Went fairly well. May need another op though as they had to induce a hernia to complete the job, which may need an op to fix. Won't know until the Consultant sees me.

• 4 months later...

Got my "year clear" from the consultant today :). Still another four years to go before they call me "cured" but a bit of a landmark so I thought I'd mention it.

Won't update this thread any more (except maybe in Feb 2019 to say I've got there) because it feels a bit self indulgent now; but again, thanks for all the kind words over the last year or so.

This time last year I was so bad I was sleeping through Everton matches; shame the cancer couldn't have waited a year come to think of it :unsure:.

Got my "year clear" from the consultant today :). Still another four years to go before they call me "cured" but a bit of a landmark so I thought I'd mention it.

Won't update this thread any more (except maybe in Feb 2019 to say I've got there) because it feels a bit self indulgent now; but again, thanks for all the kind words over the last year or so.

This time last year I was so bad I was sleeping through Everton matches; shame the cancer couldn't have waited a year come to think of it :unsure:.

Great to hear Mike. Onwards and upwards. Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my CT scan on 2nd January. Had not had any results so phoned the Hospital two weeks ago, they said they would investigate. Heard nothing. Phoned again today and they said they would look into it and get back to me. The Consultant phoned me, most apologetic but said the scans were clear. Obviously very relieved with the news but a bit miffed it took so long.

• 2 weeks later...