IGNORED

Hi!

Ant1979

Well I've loitered around reading the forum for a few weeks, and now have finally signed up. Seems like a great forum and a great collection of members :)

My story is....

I'm not strictly a toffee, but I have a few reasons that I now follow Everton quite closely and want you to do well, very well. Firstly I'm a massive fan of Martinez, I'm from Wigan originally and I used to watch him in my teenage years playing in front of 3000 fans in the old Fourth Division! I knew he was destined for big things and hopefully he will bring trophies to a great historic club like Everton, it seems a perfect match (I would have been gutted if he had gone to Liverpool last year!). Also my better half is an Everton fan and I now live close to Wirral. So basically I've been mostly converted and ended up following Everton more than Wigan these days. Looking forward to the rest of the season and hopefully European football next year :)

Edit - it was the old third division not fourth. I.e. after Premier League formation but before Championship came around. Still the lowest tier of the professional leagues though

Edited by Ant1979

More culture? OK....

To be (Evertonian) or not to be (Evertonian). That is the question. Whether ’tis nobler in the Wirral to suffer the slings and arrows of Shite fans, or to take arms against a sea of Reds, and by opposing end them? ...To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the CL football.

Like you, I have followed Martinez for some time - previously cheering for Wigan. I joined this forum in the summer when he switched to Everton and have been here since. You are not alone.

• 1 month later...