IGNORED

Celtic V Everton

celtic ultra

^ who said we were improving? did we not finsih 4th then lower? we're in the prem, because a few players carry us, and we'll stay there aswell but we're highly overrated by most people o nthis site

40751[/snapback]

I think youll find most people on here are realistic. Unlike you, it was a poor game, and we didnt so great, but it wasnt that bad

Have you ever been to a pre season friendly, Iv been to loads, and that was a good one trust me

And dont say your post isnt negative FFS it couldnt be more negative

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a pre-season game, I was happy with the way we played (please take that in context of a friendly). There are a lot of things which need to be improved upon, but speaking honestly, I liked some of the new boys and what they did.

Lescott showed promise, Buckley could surprise a few people and I am very happy with Howard.

Looking forward to the new season.

ATB

Mac

^ who said we were improving? did we not finsih 4th then lower? we're in the prem, because a few players carry us, and we'll stay there aswell but we're highly overrated by most people o nthis site

40751[/snapback]

If you honestly believe that the success of our football club should be measured against the 2004/5 season you know nothing about football.

If you honestly think we are not improving in the last 5 to 6 years then you cant have been watching Everton very long at all.

I fully expect all kinds of comebacks to this post but i have been to 99% of our home games since 1995 and a large proportion of our away games so you are not going to tell me the Everton of today is no better than the Everton of 1995-2002.

least we won somethign in 95, weve got better, but so have the teams around usm so really in premiership teams, we're not that much better, we had a coupel of godo times over the years, were just up and down...

and no im not negative im realistic.... people here ive heard 20+ clean shets, 20+ goals form beattie and Johnson, cahill to get liek 15, Everton for top 6, thats not realistic thats optimistic borderlien insanity

Edited by CraccerC

so im realistic and im not an evertonian, you're pathetic, id say somethign harsh to you, but then youd probably ban me, so im not wasting my time with you

40795[/snapback]

being realistic is accepting what we have and that its gona take time, money & hard work to build up to be able to mount any kind of challenge. You expect it all and now but you offer no solution infact if you had a solution there would be a que of clubs offering you a job.

We know what we are and that is a mid table club but as the last couple of seasons have shown mid table is anywhere from 5th to 17th so Europe is a very realistic target. Along with Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn, West Ham etc, we are no worse on our day than any of those clubs. I would put only Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u & the shite as greatly better than us for the rest its a free for all and relagation is decided between the newcomers and a few clubs who have a hard time during the season.

Open your eyes we are no worse than most because its hard to build a quality team and for the time being our strength is our team work and system while we look for the key players.

As for banning you for your opinion i'm not that childish but you are starting to grate i'm looking forward to the new season and you put a negative on everything!

We lose one Pre Season Game (Which means nothings But fitness TBH) and you Slag the team Off! <_<

Its only Pre-season mate Calm Down, there were Bad points out of the game and Good points thats whats Pre-season is for, To get the Bad points and turn them into good point for the start of the season!

Edited by Cloud

Good points above Goldfish. I'd say that we have fallen behind Spurs and Newcastle though as well as the big 4.

Craccer to say it was all shit is just too simplistic, here's why:-

There are signs that Moyes wants them to pass the ball instead of the big hoof up field. We have problems in midfield in taking advantage of that because Arteta apart there is no-one incisive and quick enough to make it count. Davies is one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen. He seems to have the class to do it but it never seems to come off!

The defence looks stronger and more mobile. Remember Yobo, Valente and Hibbert were out and we still look better than last season because Howard looks big and strong and mobile around his area and Lescott will be class, he looks comfortable and unhurried on the ball, always a good sign!

A forward squad of Beattie, AJ, Anichebe, McFadden, Vaughn is potentially better than we've had for years. Granted none of them has done anything yet but there is a lot of potential there.

The problems are in midfield. Carsley, Kilbane not good enough for the premiership. Van - never fit. Osman - good squad player but lacks strength and pace. Cahill leaps like a salmon in the box but can't pass or get past players. Davies- see above. We don't seem mobile enough to me. The ball carrier doesn't seem to have enough options available so they end up tapping it around in midfield and the chance of a break has gone.

We are good enough to compete with everyone apart from Chelski, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle. I'd place us 7th to 10th in the league depending on injuries!

being realistic is accepting what we have and that its gona take time, money & hard work to build up to be able to mount any kind of challenge. You expect it all and now but you offer no solution infact if you had a solution there would be a que of clubs offering you a job.

We know what we are and that is a mid table club but as the last couple of seasons have shown mid table is anywhere from 5th to 17th so Europe is a very realistic target. Along with Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn, West Ham etc, we are no worse on our day than any of those clubs. I would put only Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u & the shite as greatly better than us for the rest its a free for all and relagation is decided between the newcomers and a few clubs who have a hard time during the season.

Open your eyes we are no worse than most because its hard to build a quality team and for the time being our strength is our team work and system while we look for the key players.

As for banning you for your opinion i'm not that childish but you are starting to grate i'm looking forward to the new season and you put a negative on everything!

40806[/snapback]

what a garbage post, search through my posts and find how many times ive said it WILL TAKE TIME, yet everyoen is saying yeh, europe, we're great bla bla, we're not as good as newcastle, nor blackburn probably, or bolton yet,even west hame have a better team, but more importantly play BETTER football, we play a lot of dross...

im not puttign a negative on everything i'm being realistic, i want us to do well but can't see it happening, IMO 8th-10th would be a good finish, and im aiming for that, if we do better ill be delighted, i'm just raising my hopes too high for a team thats quite frankly pathetic with just like 2 injuries, we rely so heavily on arteta, and you can't expect 1 player to carry you for a season (ok lvierpool pretty much did , but thats gerrard the best i nthe world)

what a garbage post, search through my posts and find how many times ive said it WILL TAKE TIME, yet everyoen is saying yeh, europe, we're great bla bla, we're not as good as newcastle, nor blackburn probably, or bolton yet,even west hame have a better team, but more importantly play BETTER football, we play a lot of dross...

im not puttign a negative on everything i'm being realistic, i want us to do well but can't see it happening, IMO 8th-10th would be a good finish, and im aiming for that, if we do better ill be delighted, i'm just raising my hopes too high for a team thats quite frankly pathetic with just like 2 injuries, we rely so heavily on arteta, and you can't expect 1 player to carry you for a season (ok lvierpool pretty much did , but thats gerrard the best i nthe world)

40951[/snapback]

iconpaperkz7.gificonbsin4.gif

^ read them then, go on have a look, am not gonna argue with you anyway, we have different opinions, but we both support Everton and want us to do the best we  can, thats all that matters right?

40959[/snapback]

You made a comment the other day when i said we had improved from the team we had 10 years ago, you said

"at least we won something in 95"

If your measure of success is winning the FA cup but bearly staying in the league for the seccond year on the bounce and having debt of over 30mil and the bank demanding it back i'm lost.

I honestly dont know what you are looking for you say you support Everton, that you are realistic and you want the best for us. Well what would you be happy with and how would you propose we get there?

I have asked you that question so many times and in general it signals the end of the discussion. Why dont you give a positive analysis of where Everton are, where you would like them to be and how you see us getting there?

What is your long term vision of what we should be doing? Bear in mind we are not getting a world class manager or a billionair owner tomorrow so with what we have tell us your vision please.

I realy do want to make some sense of where you are comming from so start a fresh thread and lets see if you actually do have anything to say other than slagging off a club that is trying its hardest to drag itself out of the shit.

Wow, haven't we all been busy bees.

I know you will feel like you are being ganged up on Craccer, but I see eye to eye with the Fishman on most matters Everton related.

You are entitled to an opinion and I think that people are getting antsy because of the continued critisism of a work in progress. If we are still playing like sunday in december then I feel you have every right to moan, untill then join in and be half full, or at least say something constructive.

ATB

Mac

^ i have said things constuctive, i've outlined week spots in many posts and players strengths and such, but everyone disagrees with them too because we're world beaters , i knwo thats an exaggeration but thats how it seems everyoen thinks we are to me

and to mark i'll answer when i wish or if i feel i can be bothered, ive been over them issues before, so right now i can't fidn the time to explain again, i will when i'm a bit more bored

Edited by CraccerC

Fair one mate, but we all know what we are, and where we are as a club, for all of us I would say predictions and ambitions are mainly a hope thing, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So once again I am going to make a prediction - 38 clean sheets next season. :D

ATB

Mac

I'm not going to bother writing any kind of structured answer if you have anything to say then say it. You are a university student so you should easily be able to pen a reply considering Evertons specific situation and evaluating all the major influences on the work that is required to build our club back up.

I await an interesting read.

^ ive explained in plenty of posts what i hink the teams weakness are and where we need to strengthen, so i may do it, but im not bothering givign you paragraphs , ill give you 2 lines

41128[/snapback]

Happy to slag us off but not happy to justify it you can say what you want but the "just because" line stopped working for most of us in juniors.

^ where did i say just because? i didn't nor do i plan using it and as i have said numerous fuckign times now, i'vve already explained it, i may explain yet a-fucking-gain if you are incapable of searchign through psots, you want to knwo the answer, and it's there, go fish, hmmm nice

Fuckin explain it again then.

Why do Everton deserve to be slagged off by you all the time? The only reason you can have for constantly being negative is if you think we could be doing more to get out of the position we are in.

We all accept that we are way below par but we dont moan because we know it is gona be a long road to get out of the shit and we are moving along that road.

So explain your solution and while you are at it post a link to where you have explained before because i remember asking this question a hundred times without it being answered.

If your not going to justify what your saying i dont see why i should have to read your negative posts every time i log on. You are spoiling this forum for me and putting a downer on a season that hasnt even started yet.

Edited by GoldfishMemory