IGNORED

Steven Kinsella chooses Everton

efc1111

A personal visit to Ireland by Roberto Martinez convinced 15-year-old winger Steven Kinsella to add to Everton's Irish contingent. He has already represented Ireland U17s and was wanted by both Manchester clubs, Tottenham and Chelsea.

Everton’s Irish scout Paul Hamilton welcomed the deal: “We’ve been working for two years to get Steven over the line, so everybody at the club is naturally delighted,” he said.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/kinsella-to-join-irish-contingent-at-everton-256007.html?

This is what I love about Martinez, he influences people. None of the shite that fergie and Moyes spouted arrogantly proclaiming that all players want to sign for man United... He makes the players feel wanted, that he has a plan for them.

true and also all he has to say is "look at my work, you'll see that i give youngsters a chance". moyes, fergie, etc couldn't say that and i think that's why we get these young lads, they know they'll be given a chance. also having all the irish players is brilliant. the lads hero's are playing for everton so why wouldn't he want to?

• 1 month later...