IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Not been around here long but it seems a neutral in forum in terms of Naismith bashing.

He has come on ten fold and I'm really happy for him. Finally playing in a suited role. An industrious player who never gives up and leaves everything on the pitch.

Well done Steven.

I've slated him before and I'll gladly hold my hands up because he's won us some valuable points this season. Looked immense when he came on today, his touch was superb and he was really mobile making him a nightmare for anyone trying to pick him up. Just wish he could have got that hat-trick! He deserved it after the stick he's taken. Really happy for him.

he looked rough at the beginning of the season, maybe he wasn't fit or just needed some confidence because ever since that league cup match where he started scoring he's been excellent for us.

also to note, today his passing was SUPERB. most of the negativity against him is his passing, but he was (to quote RM) phenomenal. his link up play gets better every match as well, he's really coming into his own.

He is what he is. He's not going to curl in a shot from 25 yards out. He's not going to beat three defenders down the flank and cross a perfect ball in. He's not going to command the midfield. He's a versatile sub who finds the right positions in the box and scores ugly goals when the ball finds his feet. Especially at his wage that's a perfectly acceptable role. As long as expectations are fair I don't see what's not to like about him.

waste of a thread cause i think most people said he was shit when he played right mid. and guess what he was. this thread should have been opened then. there would have been a totally different response. so he hasnt proved any doubters wrong. he is decent upfront.

Which is what about 10% of Everton fans have always said. Those who seen him for Rangers would have known his qualities. 90% of fans would just knock the lads confidence even more.

I remember a game last season were he came on as a sub and it was pretty much booed! Disgraceful! He's never hid and has worked hard to win fans over and I hope finally he has!

He's bought into Robertos ideas, and I think more importantly he knows his role in the squad. He has become a bit of a go to guy. When our flair players are on form and taking games in good form Naismith isn't needed. When it's not going so well and you need a player to mix it up, he's the man. He has been brilliant, and Roberto always speaks highly of him, his attitude and his work ethic. Players like that are good for the squad as a whole.

One of the commentators put it really well during the match. In regards to his passing he said, Naismith gets the ball out of his feet quickly. That's the difference between intent and just possessing the ball. He used to do that a lot and not find a man, but his passing is generally pretty accurate, a lot like McCarthy's, but I believe it's more progressive. He's pretty great playing behind the striker. He'll always score goals. Since most of our outside players are rotated a fair amount, Naismith can probably rotate with Barkley. He deserves that chance, and I assume he'll get it with Barkley injured for a while.

One of the commentators put it really well during the match. In regards to his passing he said, Naismith gets the ball out of his feet quickly.

Absolutely correct. I noted v Fulham especially that Barkley, Osman and Barry were caught out far too frequently being too slow in passing it on. Fulham were in their faces but no excuses, they just were not too keen to get rid....wanted more time or just wanted to beat a man to slow the game down.

Naismith just keeps on improving, he's making good runs, he's good in the air and he scores goals.

Will he forever be a super sub, or will he be able to maitain that work rate through out the 90 mins.

As an impact player he's looking the business, he'll be at Goodison next season, but I doubt Lakaku will, has Naismith got what it takes to lead the line.

Guest blueboy122

Naismith just keeps on improving, he's making good runs, he's good in the air and he scores goals.

Will he forever be a super sub, or will he be able to maitain that work rate through out the 90 mins.

As an impact player he's looking the business, he'll be at Goodison next season, but I doubt Lakaku will, has Naismith got what it takes to lead the line.

I like Naismith as a player think he is a perfect player to have on the bench and around the team. Think he is a great lad with a great attitude and love seeing him do well.

However there is no way he can lead the line for us we want to push on to that top 4 status and he just isnt up to that standard unfortunately and I think he would be the first to admit it. We need a player of real quality to lead the line for us and Naismith just isn't it.

Will we ever see a top striker at Goodison again where we are guranteed 15-20 goals a season from them....

Glad to see Naisy is getting some plaudits on here. He made Lukaku look totally static against Fulham... Naisy actually got into Lukaku at one stage for not following up, and rightly too. He seems to have an eye for the right position and manages to be there to slot them home. Not a great ball player to be sure, but then Lukaku plays like a lamp post at times. passes just bounceoff his legs and away beyond his reach. MOM for me against Fulham and well deserved.

If Lukaku is worth £20m then Naismith is worth £10m...

The reality is that Naismith is a £7m player and Lukaku is a £14m player at most, and that is being generous regarding his age and potential.

Naismith is a great lad, highly intelligent and disciplined footballer who works very hard. Lukaku could do with learning off him. I have seen on a few occassions now playes berating Lukaku, he doesn't show the effort we expect.

Imagine if Naismith had Lukakus size, pace and strength???

If Lukaku is worth £20m then Naismith is worth £10m...

The reality is that Naismith is a £7m player and Lukaku is a £14m player at most, and that is being generous regarding his age and potential.

Naismith is a great lad, highly intelligent and disciplined footballer who works very hard. Lukaku could do with learning off him. I have seen on a few occassions now playes berating Lukaku, he doesn't show the effort we expect.

Imagine if Naismith had Lukakus size, pace and strength???

Lukaku played well yesterday, he doesn't need to be running round like a headless chicken chasing lost causes, he linked up a few attacks and was unlucky not to score. Naismith had a good game off the bench yesterday against another shit team. He's still only a decent sub though.

Lukaku played well yesterday, he doesn't need to be running round like a headless chicken chasing lost causes, he linked up a few attacks and was unlucky not to score. Naismith had a good game off the bench yesterday against another shit team. He's still only a decent sub though.

Much more than "decent" for me. Not the first time he's come on and made a difference this season, "A valuable squad member" for me.

He was terrific yesterday.

Cahill did a lot for this club in the early years of his time here. Sure he was crap at the end but he did a lot for us for a long time for 90 mins week in week out.

Naismith is doing well. He has shown the impact he can have and long may it continue but he has done it for about 6-8 games this season so lets not get carried away. Both players have their limitations but both are capable of changing games.

The fact yous got Naismith for free was a great deal. Soon as yous realised he's a CF and not a winger!

Oh i'm new here. Dundee united supporter & like to follow the progress of Steven Naismith & Matthew Kennedy, plus info on Andrew Robertson & Ryan Gauld.

Welcome... do you think either/both will end up at Goodison? Are they good enough yet? How good do you think they'll be?