IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Somehow I think Traore is an "outlier".

Goalscoring is Lukakus job, and Naismith on a goals to minutes ratio is perfroming better.

Small sample size I know but if you compared Lukaku and Naismiths 90 min goal scoring ratio in the PL to their sub goal scoring ratio I think you would probably find that Lukaku is superior over the 90 mins and about the same as a sub.

Naismith held his own admirably when Lukaku was out, but we desperately needed the big man back by the end of it and I think that has showed in the points we have picked up since his return. Like most on here, it was fairly obvious that he isnt a winger and moving centrally was always going to be a bonus but even his biggest supporters couldnt have expected the progression he has made this season and I think I would have him down as the 2nd most improved player at the club this season behind Barkley. Does that mean he is now capable of leading the line for Everton or any team with CL ambitions, not a chance, but his role off the bench could be just as important to club if he keeps popping up with goals when we need him.

Agree with Bailey here.

I have been surprised at just how much he has improved. And I also recognise that the second half against Fulham was just one of those performances. He was the heart of everything we did.

A good important player but not a first choice forward. Great sub to have when you want to change your forward line completely and approach the game.differently.

Guest blueboy122

Be interesting to see whether he starts on Sunday to give us more of a threat.

Personally I would start him. He could give Arteta the run round as Mikel isnt the quickest nor does he like chasing players round. So if Naismith keeps moving he may find himself free on a few occasions.

Be interesting to see whether he starts on Sunday to give us more of a threat.

Personally I would start him. He could give Arteta the run round as Mikel isnt the quickest nor does he like chasing players round. So if Naismith keeps moving he may find himself free on a few occasions.

I think bringing him on against tired legs is the best way to utilize him. I think we should start with the same team we started with on Sunday, but maybe replace Barkley with McGeady, should he be unfit to start.

I think bringing him on against tired legs is the best way to utilize him. I think we should start with the same team we started with on Sunday, but maybe replace Barkley with McGeady, should he be unfit to start.

I think Mcgeady at the moment should only be used as an impact player. If Barkley is out I suspect either Naismith or Osman to play in behind.

I think Mcgeady at the moment should only be used as an impact player. If Barkley is out I suspect either Naismith or Osman to play in behind.

if barkley is injured i imagine we'd go back to mirallas as the 10, he did well earlier in the season there when ross was out. put mcgeady and gerry on the wings. they would either do brilliantly or kev and gerry would ball hog.

Guest Nikica

He's never been my favourite player but if he can do a job off the bench for you then I'm sure he will be happy with that. As Bailey says, he's never going to be good enough to be the top striker for a club which aims for the CL places every season.

On Martinez:-

"He has such good charisma and is such a good man-manager that you want to work for him. This season is the most I have learned football-wise in my whole career. David Moyes is a British-mentality manager, which I have seen a lot of. He was only tweaking and giving you a more advanced lesson on what you already knew. With the manager now, it is a totally new way of playing football. It opens your eyes to the fact football can be played in such a different way."

On Martinez:-

"He has such good charisma and is such a good man-manager that you want to work for him. This season is the most I have learned football-wise in my whole career. David Moyes is a British-mentality manager, which I have seen a lot of. He was only tweaking and giving you a more advanced lesson on what you already knew. With the manager now, it is a totally new way of playing football. It opens your eyes to the fact football can be played in such a different way."

This quote says so much about Martinez vs. Moyes in so little.

For the Everton fans that care about the 3 youngsters at Dundee United that yous are looking at.

Gauld, 18: played really really well gave rangers CB Mohsini a hard time & was a huge part of the second goal

Robertson, 19: Best player on the park. Crazy to think he came from scottish 4th tier a year ago now is a full scottish international.

Souttar, 17: started off shaky but composed in the second. Only 17 at the end of the day & looked better than any rangers player. 3-1 off to the final!

Gonna watch Everton vs Sunderland now see how Naisy does. Good luck! I'm on a high right now ha.

For the Everton fans that care about the 3 youngsters at Dundee United that yous are looking at.

Gauld, 18: played really really well gave rangers CB Mohsini a hard time & was a huge part of the second goal

Robertson, 19: Best player on the park. Crazy to think he came from scottish 4th tier a year ago now is a full scottish international.

Souttar, 17: started off shaky but composed in the second. Only 17 at the end of the day & looked better than any rangers player. 3-1 off to the final!

Gonna watch Everton vs Sunderland now see how Naisy does. Good luck! I'm on a high right now ha.

Genuinely pleased that Glasgow Rangers lost their semi-final today. Take this opportunity to offer congratulations to Dundee United on todays victory. Even if this game was played at Ibrox stadium ? Shouldn't it be a neutral venue for a semi-final fixture ? In any event, well done once again.

Genuinely pleased that Glasgow Rangers lost their semi-final today. Take this opportunity to offer congratulations to Dundee United on todays victory. Even if this game was played at Ibrox stadium ? Shouldn't it be a neutral venue for a semi-final fixture ? In any event, well done once again.

Thanks! i know should have been played at Tynecastle, celtic park or Easter Road but it's the SFA they always put the old firms needs first. We were absolutely terrible & we still thrashed them i would've feared for rangers if we were our normal fluid self.

-------------------

Now my thoughts on how naismith done. He was really good in the first but should have took that chance! absolute shocker but great turn. He faded away second half i thought but still better to what he has been in recent months! Hopefully everton can push for that CL spot now. I'd love to see Everton vs Celtic in the group stages lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Who would be our find of the season then?

Wouldnt be McCarthy, we paid 16m for him so we knew he was good.

Barry? nah! we loaned him from Man City, he already had pedigree.

Stones? maybe but again he came with a good reputation and possible promise...but still could be the best first team find.

Naismith was pretty much wrote of by fans and has came back to become an important member of our team let alone squad. Reading our own forums you can see that fans are actually questioning RM at times for not bringing him on!