IGNORED

Steven Naismith

• 1 month later...

Steven Naismith magic. Watch the magician himself at his best...

Naismith magic - The art of finishing...

Naismith magic - The art of staying calm under pressure...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxYT3g21ZI

Naismith magic - The art of shooting...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzSGp2ftDcg

Naismith magic - The art of defending...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3k4o-Frgew

Naismith magic - The art of the through ball...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3k4o-Frgew

What a player!

I started this thread and I do appreciate him a lot. However he is best suited to being a squad player coming of the bench or filling in for a couple if games whilst others are injured. There is absolutely no doubt he's up there with the best finishers at this club. But he's limited elsewhere.

I think it's time to let Barkley play now!

Please inform me on how this player, who throws the balance of the team out, is so good. When you are finished, explain to me why since he came into the starting 11 on a regular basis, Everton have dipped in performance. Then explain what he does well besides try his heart out. You myth.

You are on here taking the piss, you have a YouTube channel linked to your shite propaganda video clips that identify you.

No introduction, no other positive posts. Just a bit of shit. Politely fuck off.

I started this thread and I do appreciate him a lot. However he is best suited to being a squad player coming of the bench or filling in for a couple if games whilst others are injured. There is absolutely no doubt he's up there with the best finishers at this club. But he's limited elsewhere.

I think it's time to let Barkley play now!

Spot on. I love naisy too but he's gotta be the centre forward not a 10 for me. 442 or 433 and he's great, and he's nice off the bench too. But I agree its time to get Barkley firing again.

Please inform me on how this player, who throws the balance of the team out, is so good. When you are finished, explain to me why since he came into the starting 11 on a regular basis, Everton have dipped in performance. Then explain what he does well besides try his heart out. You myth.

Ok..well let's start by he scores goals. Against some good teams too.

Although you have taken the trouble to pick some bad touches etc...there are many that could be picked out of good touches, finishes and even dribbles.

I'm not saying these are his strengths but he does have a decent turn on him.

I also don't think our drop on form is down to him but rather our more senior players drop on form.

I do agree with MC that it is time to bring Barkley through though and that maybe Naisy will now become more of a squad player.

And by a myth...did you mean like Hercules or one of the gods....thank you for compliment.

Edited by Shukes

He scored some goals early in the season, mainly is losing performances, and you all got excited. Preferring to look past the fact he cant take on defenders, he gives the ball away too often and lacks the ability to play at this level.

The senior players were there before him. Everton's decline came with his addition. He throws the balance out of the team.

He is good in the air and thats it. He gives the ball away first time so he doesnt embarrass himself holding on to it. He is not for this level.

Martinez cant see it cause he is average.

He scored some goals early in the season, mainly is losing performances, and you all got excited. Preferring to look past the fact he cant take on defenders, he gives the ball away too often and lacks the ability to play at this level.

The senior players were there before him. Everton's decline came with his addition. He throws the balance out of the team.

He is good in the air and thats it. He gives the ball away first time so he doesnt embarrass himself holding on to it. He is not for this level.

Martinez cant see it cause he is average.

A bit of a clown you mate, just come on here to slate a good honest player.... If you wanna make coments like

"He scored some goals early in the season, mainly is losing performances" - at least make sure they are accurate...

1 versus leicester we drew 2-2

1 versus Arsenal we drew 2-2

1 versus Lille we won 3-0

1 versus Man City we drew 1-1

2 goals scored in games where we didn't win vs Man United and Chelsea - I think your point is about as valid as the garbage you have put on here up to now.

Please feel free to use the other threads to talk about Everton.

so besides the draws there were 2 losses and 1 win. Great work. He is a hard working, honest player. We are 12th. These types of hard working honest players will see us stay there. If you cant see he isnt up to this level maybe another sport is more for you, like netball.

haha - you on here to troll???

You said:- "HE SCORED GOALS MAINLY IN LOSING PERFORMANCES" - this is untrue 66% of his goals resulted in us not losing...

He also scores goals against top teams as per the goals against Arsenal, Man City, Man United and Chelsea demonstrate.

In short - you haven't got a clue, you are wasting your time, arrivederci!

Steven Naismith magic. Watch the magician himself at his best...

Naismith magic - The art of finishing...

Naismith magic - The art of staying calm under pressure...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxYT3g21ZI

Naismith magic - The art of shooting...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzSGp2ftDcg

Naismith magic - The art of defending...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3k4o-Frgew

Naismith magic - The art of the through ball...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3k4o-Frgew

What a player!

How very, very sad...

so besides the draws there were 2 losses and 1 win. Great work. He is a hard working, honest player. We are 12th. These types of hard working honest players will see us stay there. If you cant see he isnt up to this level maybe another sport is more for you, like netball.

Not the sharpest knife in the box are you haha.

I'm really suprised you got hired as a top football coach with comments like this, your boss must have been deaf and blind.

Shall we get rid of McCarthy because he doesn't take players on either?

Shall we get rid of Mirralas as he isn't outscored Naismith either.

Anyone else?

Still I do like you for calling me a god!

McCarthy and Mirallas are fine for this level. Still your inability to see naismith is not shows you are best for other sports. How about fencing, or water polo??

still at it? I noticed in your intro you got straight into slating Naismith. JohnH politely told you where you stand with that and lets just say that you ain't got anywhere near the footballling experience he's got - none of us have.

so I guess you best leave it there.

McCarthy and Mirallas are fine for this level. Still your inability to see naismith is not shows you are best for other sports. How about fencing, or water polo??

I would go with something a bit easier to follow if I was you...Maybe snap.

I do believe you would struggle with fencing or water polo.... They are a bit complicated for you.

Could I suggest you go and watch a few football matches? It would be interesting to have this conversation again after you have gained a little football Knowledge.

He is definitely a hard worker, definitely an opportunist in the box.

Other than that I'd say he doesn't contribute much. There are certainly "intangibles" to players. There are also tangibles of giving the ball away often and then being dirty to try to make up for it. I agree with some of the others on the thread that he would be most valuable off the bench. I saw him compared to Kuyt, but Kuyt always seemed to be great at keeping possession as well as working hard. Haven't seen that out of Naismith.

I'll put my opinion on Naisy like this:

I'm not overjoyed to see him in the starting 11, as I feel he stunts the style of play we are looking to have (i.e. a precise passing game where, for its execution, disciplined use of the ball and the retention of possession are highly important). However, if we are at standstill, and we need to throw players forward and nick a goal, he's a player I would be happy to see come on in the 70th minute, as he has the potential and the tendency to make something happen.

Whenever I think of the Scottish national team. I think of players who are not the greatest in the world but they make a game of it by playing with passion. Play carefully with a strategic plan, and they'll lose every time. Play for the upset by throwing everything into it, and they have a chance. For me, this is Naismith all over. Slow and steady never wins the race for him. He thrives when the team goes all out to upset the biggest teams. It's no wonder he scores many of the goals against the Top Four teams.

Mark my words: He'll score the winner in the Europa final. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two arguments to consider.

Lukaku. Not a good technical footballer but can finish.

Argument for him is that we don't need him to a player, we just need him to score goals and finish.

He has 8 goals is it?

Naismith. Scores goals, battles like hell and is actually involved all over the pitch. Doesn't play in his proffered role up front.

Is it 6 or 7 he has?

Yet it's the same people arguing that Lukaku should be left to just score goals...as that's his job that arguing that Naismith shouldn't be in the team as his control isn't good enough and his technical ability isn't good enough.

Why is it Ok for Lukaku but not for Naismith...even though Naismith offers much more to the team.