IGNORED

Tranmere Rovers

Shame. Was brought up just down the road from Prenton Park. Used to enjoy going to them games.

Remember the days they were pushing for promotion to the premiership year after year.

Guess they've felt the Peter Johnson effect.

me too. had 2 season tickets there when my folks couldnt afford an Everton one. Went with my best mate. Will never forget the 4-4 comeback in the cup, nor the torn-allegiance for the 0-3 cup game!

me too. had 2 season tickets there when my folks couldnt afford an Everton one. Went with my best mate. Will never forget the 4-4 comeback in the cup, nor the torn-allegiance for the 0-3 cup game!

Yeah? Where abouts? I was Wilmer Road, just next to Birkenhead library.

• 11 months later...

If they go out of the league I reckon they'll go out of existence.

I know very little about Tranmere but I don't think there's much difference these days between League two and the Conference, which is effectively "league three".

More than half the teams there have played in the league and many that go down bounce back up pretty quickly. Can't think of any who've completely folded as a result of going down; why do you think Tranmere might?

I know very little about Tranmere but I don't think there's much difference these days between League two and the Conference, which is effectively "league three".

More than half the teams there have played in the league and many that go down bounce back up pretty quickly. Can't think of any who've completely folded as a result of going down; why do you think Tranmere might?

It's a dying club, Mike. One of my mates says there's just nothing any more, fans who have stuck by them are giving up on them and only still going because it's routine. It's him that said to me he doesn't think they'll be around long if they go out of the league.

That's the impression I get too. Prenton Park will be a housing development. No different to the old college and theatre.

I remember the Friday night games. Three quid to get in. It's a shame the Football League ignored the request.

It's a dying club, Mike. One of my mates says there's just nothing any more, fans who have stuck by them are giving up on them and only still going because it's routine. It's him that said to me he doesn't think they'll be around long if they go out of the league.

That's the impression I get too. Prenton Park will be a housing development. No different to the old college and theatre.

I remember the Friday night games. Three quid to get in. It's a shame the Football League ignored the request.

Great shame that; I've mentioned (probably many times) before that my local team went bust in 1974 and the ground is now a housing estate. Was there for the last ever game as a fourteen year old; cracking ground it was too for non-league.

Shame when history is a secondary consideration.

I make it 13 clubs in the Conference who have played in the Football League. That includes Southport who used to play in the old third division north. I also remember when New Brighton played in the third division north!

Sat chatting to Jim Harvey this morning at golf club and he watches the rovers a lot.

He said Green has loads of ability, loads, but he was played left and right yesterday and he said central is his best position. He said Green would need a pacey over lapping full back to play out wide.

He said Green is a fiery lad, proper narky. He said all sorts went on at the game, fans throwing season tickets at the dug out the lot.

Jim Harvey is a name I haven't heard in years. Former captain who played for (or manage) Morecambe, I think.

Two of Hartlepool (41), Cheltenham (40) and Tranmere (39) will go down.

If Hartlepool win one of their next two games, it's over for Tranmere.

Jim Harvey is a name I haven't heard in years. Former captain who played for (or manage) Morecambe, I think.

And ironically they're now managed by Ronnie Moore who they got rid of.

I actually got to know him by not knowing who he was. Play a weekly "turn up and throw a couple of quid in the pot stableford over 9 holes and beers after"

It was only after I was talking to him that someone told me who he was. A crackin fella to be honest - proper gent, very very good golfer. I think he's one of those blokes who would be good at anything he takes up.

I never really seen much of him as a player but he played under his level from what I was told. Venables had Gazza man mark him - which he laughs about. But he was an understudy to Liam Brady at Arsenal which says alot about his pedigree.

I think he would be a great fit for Tranmere and I think he would jump at the chance to manage the club. He has managed in the conference so he knows the score there.