IGNORED

Congratulations to the Everton Ladies

I've just read about that on the fa website.

Everton vs. Arsenal at MK Dons Stadium, it's part of a 'double-header' (two matches played at the stadium on the same day) then at the bottom it says Everton vs. Liverpool at MK Dons Stadium for the 'Girls' cup (presumably a youth cup). Wouldn't it make more sense to move it to somewhere like Tranmere/Widnes when three out of four teams are from the same area?

I've just read about that on the fa website.

Everton vs. Arsenal at MK Dons Stadium, it's part of a 'double-header' (two matches played at the stadium on the same day) then at the bottom it says Everton vs. Liverpool at MK Dons Stadium for the 'Girls' cup (presumably a youth cup). Wouldn't it make more sense to move it to somewhere like Tranmere/Widnes when three out of four teams are from the same area?

The statement "Girls' cup" (which you read on the FA's website, Louis?) reveals something of our belittling attitude towards women's football. Would we call an equivalent trophy the "Boys' cup"? I doubt it. It would be the FA Youth Cup, or something.

Yes, Everton Ladies reached the final of the FA Women's Cup final - which is a major sporting final. It will be broadcast live on the BBC, apparently. They'll be playing Arsenal. As for venue, I'm sure they arranged that months ago. Chelsea and Notts County also had teams in the semifinals.

As you say, Everton also made the FA Girls' Youth Cup final, where they'll be playing Liverpool. Being in both finals, it seems that Everton Ladies are among the best in the country right now!

Edited by Cornish Steve

• 8 years later...