IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

On the other hand were also a laughing stock of the transfer window paying 30 million for him.

only time will tell - lets see how he performs in a blue shirt. We have to trust the management team.

He has been applauded off at Anfield for single headedly destroying them - no mean feat. Palace fans love him... most wouldn't have sold him for £20m - essentially we may have paid £8m over the odds for him.

He could do 2 brilliant years for us and we recoup our money plus more... so nope I'm not writing this off.

If benteke wasn't at the shite and we had a choice to spend 30 million on him or Bolasi I'd choose Benteke. IMO he's the better player and would fill more of a void in our squad.

I wish people would remember that Benteke ruptured his Achilles - I can't believe Liverpool spent all that money on him - let alone Palace.

Do the research on players who ruptured their Achilles tendons.... it completely takes away what mobility they had. Barnes, Lawrenson, Webb, Nzogbia, Yakubu.

Liverpool are getting away with it if they sell him on... unbelievable.

Benteke scored a goal every other game at Villa.

Don't get me wrong there isn't much to choose from, but Benteke is the better player over the course of a season.

In his first season there, he was very impressive. However, he's done fuck all for over 2 years now, had a horrible injury that took from him being a decent 1 dimensional striker to a poor 1 dimensional striker.

I'd rather play Niasse than Benteke, to give you an idea of where I stand ;)

Benteke scored a goal every other game at Villa.

Don't get me wrong there isn't much to choose from, but Benteke is the better player over the course of a season.

And then ripped his Achilles to shreds and is a different player now...

Another match winner in the squad, can't argue with that.

I think we need to be realistic here and accept we aren't going to fill our squad with 5 star players in the first window. I think if we get one proper marquee signing ( Mata please ) we can be happy, push on for European football and go from there.

In his first season there, he was very impressive. However, he's done fuck all for over 2 years now, had a horrible injury that took from him being a decent 1 dimensional striker to a poor 1 dimensional striker.

I'd rather play Niasse than Benteke, to give you an idea of where I stand ;)

It absolutely amazes me how his injury hasn't been taken into account. Anyone here had tendonitis? awful, really painful and you cant run or jump properly.

Rupturing the Achilles takes away that jumping and sprinting power. Essentially he will play like an old man. Its what turned John Barnes from a winger into a centre midfielder.

It absolutely amazes me how his injury hasn't been taken into account. Anyone here had tendonitis? awful, really painful and you cant run or jump properly.

Rupturing the Achilles takes away that jumping and sprinting power. Essentially he will play like an old man. Its what turned John Barnes from a winger into a centre midfielder.

I've taken it into account, but that doesn't change the reality now that he's rubbish. It simply explains it.

Oh I know, but I don't get why it's important. He's not our player, he's not good - injury or not.

pre injury he was very very good - there really is no disputing that. He was like a tank - pace, real power, dominant in the air.

He looked laboured since he came back, plays like a target man, mobility has gone.

pre injury he was very very good - there really is no disputing that. He was like a tank - pace, real power, dominant in the air.

He looked laboured since he came back, plays like a target man, mobility has gone.

Not sure I'd go that far but I get what you mean now (with a little help, admittedly...)

I have heard a rumour, and I stress a rumour, that the main fee will be around 20 mil with add ons amounting closer to 30, albeit the add ons are unlikely to happen (such as winning the league).

Basically Palace want it to look like they are getting a lot because he is a fan fave and they don't want to risk the backlash of supposedly selling one of their best players for a reasonable fee.

The more I think about this the more positive I get. He would be the best winger we have and probably the most consistent too.

I have heard a rumour, and I stress a rumour, that the main fee will be around 20 mil with add ons amounting closer to 30, albeit the add ons are unlikely to happen (such as winning the league).

Basically Palace want it to look like they are getting a lot because he is a fan fave and they don't want to risk the backlash of supposedly selling one of their best players for a reasonable fee.

The more I think about this the more positive I get. He would be the best winger we have and probably the most consistent too.

Thats a lot easier to accept if true.

If benteke wasn't at the shite and we had a choice to spend 30 million on him or Bolasi I'd choose Benteke. IMO he's the better player and would fill more of a void in our squad.

Completely disagree, they play different positions for a start so incomparable in that regard and ones been an injury hit donkey... Benteke is dire

I don't know why people are so hung up on the fee its the market we're in and we don't know how the deal is structured

Edited by EFC-Paul

I agree and get were your coming from Matt but people have been crying out for us to spend for years I know that doesn't disregard doing it wisely etc but its an over inflated market £30m today is yesterday's £15/20

Watford knocking back £30m for Deeney £48m for Ighalo etc was an early indication of how things were going to pan out fee wise it's ridiculous crazy call it what you will but its were we're at

I agree and get were your coming from Matt but people have been crying out for us to spend for years I know that doesn't disregard doing it wisely etc but its an over inflated market £30m today is yesterday's £15/20

Watford knocking back £30m for Deeney £48m for Ighalo etc was an early indication of how things were going to pan out fee wise it's ridiculous crazy call it what you will but its were we're at

That's a big jump, no wonder I'm finding it tough! :P

I'm just struggling to accept the changes. Every year it gets more ludicrous but this window has just redefined "silly season". Just saying that bit in bold, doesn't make it any easier to accept even though I know you're absolutely correct.

My cousin, who's a STH at Palace:

If Everton go through with the 30 mil for yannick they're truly getting their pants pulled down.

Just a heads up dont expect a lot in terms of end product/shots/crosses just a lot of stepovers that lead to nothing and you can keep hold of niasse aswell we don't want him ??

My cousin, who's a STH at Palace:

If Everton go through with the 30 mil for yannick they're truly getting their pants pulled down.

Just a heads up dont expect a lot in terms of end product/shots/crosses just a lot of stepovers that lead to nothing and you can keep hold of niasse aswell we don't want him ??

STH? Sexually Transmitted Horror?