IGNORED

Another American...

Frank D

Hi all,

My name's Frank and I'm an American living in New Jersey. My parents moved here from Italy and I was raised as a fan of the Italian national team (although I eventually defected to the US team) in a household split between fans of Milan, Napoli, and Fiorentina. Given the limited accessibility of Serie A football in the states, as well as the conflict that picking a side would have engendered, I remained unattached to any club side. Having recently subscribed to a channel on TV that will grant me access to English soccer every Sunday, I've decided to shift my focus towards Everton.

Although I do love Tim Howard and have great respect for Roberto Martinez, the real reason I'm partial to Everton is that the first EPL match I ever saw was one many years ago in which Liverpool's goalkeeper kicked the ball into the back of one of Everton's players and it rolled into the net, only for the goal to be disallowed by the referee. My pre-adolescent mind was unable to process this blatant injustice and I've considered Everton my favorite English team ever since.

I've watched a lot of football in my life but it's been mostly international or Serie A, so although I feel as though I have a solid understanding of the tactical elements of the game my familiarity with the Premier League and its players is still somewhat limited, and I'll be looking to absorb as

much as I can over the upcoming season.

Thanks for having me!