IGNORED

New fan from Houston

Houston24

After watching the US in the world cup, I've decided to get into soccer. Tim Howard is my favorite player so I thought Everton was the best pick. I don't know much about soccer or Everton. Any other forums I should check out? I'd appreciate anything you guys have to share.

Edited by Houston24

Bill,

78 last St. Patrick's day. Managed 9 holes of golf today though!

My parents are in their late 50s and can barely use email. This is fucking impressive.

Anyways, welcome from a fellow American! My biggest advice to you is to not be afraid to ask questions. What I love about Everton fans is that they don't have the usual Eurosnob attitude. They're very proud of their history, and thus they are not only willing, but happy to explain things to you about the club and its history.

I guess there's no need to start a new thread, as this would be the title of one I'd create as well.

Fourth generation Houstonian here, who has been trying to find a rooting interest in an EPL club for a while...Tim Howard made it Everton! Thankful for forums and for Twitter to help me learn more and get connected with other fans...I'm still learning!