IGNORED

David Henen

Maybe Martinez doesn't see any potential in our current youth strikers.

Maybe not. Just thinking of the future of English Football. This is the type of thing that has to change if we want to compete at world level.

Look at the German league. 80% German

I hope he turns out great, but it's another foreign youngster brought into the English youth system. Meaning a home grown lad won't get a spot.

If Britain had a half-decent youth program and more homegrown players were as good, I'm sure we would have brought in someone local. As it is, four local players coming through our own youth program may soon make it to the first team, so I don't think the addition of one Belgian is going to hurt.

Fuck England. Everton first for me.

Best thing I've read on this board so far!!!

I couldn't care if England never won another match EVER!! As long as we were ok. I hate our players playing internationals . Keep them here wrapped up safe to play for us!!!

Writing it in bold or capitals doesn't make you right you know or make anyone listen more. Just saying like :whistles:

I wasn't "writing in bold or capitals." I was highlighting a portion of a previous post that was conveniently ignored by Captain Negativity.

Anyway, Martinez has confirmed the interest signing Henen. I think this is unofficially completed.

Edited by thoward18

Fuck England. Everton first for me.

Was talking with a buddy of mine about this. He's a lifelong Evertonian, born and raised in Liverpool, now lives in Minneapolis. This I think is the biggest difference between American and English football fans. For us Americans, our national team is #1, no doubt about it. But the majority of English people I've talked to, they couldn't give two shits about the national team.

(To be fair, I wouldn't give two shits about them either. The Kings of under achieving :)

Was talking with a buddy of mine about this. He's a lifelong Evertonian, born and raised in Liverpool, now lives in Minneapolis. This I think is the biggest difference between American and English football fans. For us Americans, our national team is #1, no doubt about it. But the majority of English people I've talked to, they couldn't give two shits about the national team.

(To be fair, I wouldn't give two shits about them either. The Kings of under achieving :)

Yes, the national team is the team I want to do well above all others, but they don't play enough matches to appease my appetite for football.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-fc-close-deal-highly-rated-7483043

Roberto Martinez has confirmed that Everton FC are close to signing Belgium teenager David Henen. And the Blues boss has earmarked a place in the under-21's for the Anderlecht forward this coming season.
Henen, 18, is understood to have completed a medical at Finch Farm on Monday and Martinez says his proposed transfer - thought to be in the region of £1.5m - is "in the process".
Everton are said to have beaten off competition from Arsenal for his signature and Martinez is excited about the prospect of bringing the highly-rated youngster to Goodison Park.
Henen is a regular goalscorer for his nation's youth teams and spent last season on loan at Monaco B. But now he looks to be headed to Everton where Martinez believes he will add a new dimension to the club's second string.
"He's a young, talented footballer who represents Belgium in the lower teams, in the under-18s and has had good experience in going to France," Martinez told the ECHO.
"He is a bright boy and we feel he is something different that we haven't got in the under-21s so we are hoping he is going to be giving us something different in that group, We want a strong group. We have already got talented and very interesting footballers and I think David can fit in really well in that environment."
Asked if the deal was completed, Martinez said: "It is in the process of being completed."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-fc-close-deal-highly-rated-7483043

Roberto Martinez has confirmed that Everton FC are close to signing Belgium teenager David Henen. And the Blues boss has earmarked a place in the under-21's for the Anderlecht forward this coming season.

Henen, 18, is understood to have completed a medical at Finch Farm on Monday and Martinez says his proposed transfer - thought to be in the region of £1.5m - is "in the process".

Everton are said to have beaten off competition from Arsenal for his signature and Martinez is excited about the prospect of bringing the highly-rated youngster to Goodison Park.

Henen is a regular goalscorer for his nation's youth teams and spent last season on loan at Monaco B. But now he looks to be headed to Everton where Martinez believes he will add a new dimension to the club's second string.

"He's a young, talented footballer who represents Belgium in the lower teams, in the under-18s and has had good experience in going to France," Martinez told the ECHO.

"He is a bright boy and we feel he is something different that we haven't got in the under-21s so we are hoping he is going to be giving us something different in that group, We want a strong group. We have already got talented and very interesting footballers and I think David can fit in really well in that environment."

Asked if the deal was completed, Martinez said: "It is in the process of being completed."

So if he's been earmarked for the U-21's next season he won't count as one of the 4-7 new players Bob wants for the first team then right?

To be honest, it's nothing to do with them achieving fuck all for me. If that was the case I'd have stopped supporting Everton a long time ago! It's about the attitude of the players, how the manager's never have a backbone and constantly pick players the press tell them to - i.e. not the best players for the job, but players just because they play for a top four side.

I hope he turns out great, but it's another foreign youngster brought into the English youth system. Meaning a home grown lad won't get a spot.

That will only be true if our home grown lot arent good enough, in which case good. If hes not as good as our own boys, he wont get ahead.

Either way, its good competition for the kids and might bring in different ideas. Cant be a bad thing

He's not a new Ronaldo. Ronaldo isn't for sale at €1.5 m. That's just a thing silly hobbyist journalists say for every young winger in the world. Transfer prices don't deceive usually, except when it's about overpriced pseudo-stars like Torres or Carroll. Belgium is a well-scouted market for young footballers, so it's very unlikely that it's going to be a steal. Personally, I've heard about many promising young Belgians, but this Henen kid is new to me.

To be honest, it's nothing to do with them achieving fuck all for me. If that was the case I'd have stopped supporting Everton a long time ago! It's about the attitude of the players, how the manager's never have a backbone and constantly pick players the press tell them to - i.e. not the best players for the job, but players just because they play for a top four side.

boomity boom!

It must be strange for our American members to see us like this. They have immense national pride, and it's commendable. For me the national team is just a bit of fun every couple of summers in between the real football.

I'm more attached to Everton as my Dad is, and his Dad, and his. Where England seems more like a down south kind of thing to me.

On this kid, fingers crossed he's more Stones than Vellios.