IGNORED

Kopite Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to look this up since I didn't understand the conversation. Looking at pictures, showing the reaction of Liverpool's Brazilian players as well as the upset Arsenal players, it's clear that Henderson said something very much out of line. If the FA don't respond decisively on this, the whole 'taking a knee' initiative will be nothing more than a meaningless gesture.

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I had to look this up since I didn't understand the conversation. Looking at pictures, showing the reaction of Liverpool's Brazilian players as well as the upset Arsenal players, it's clear that Henderson said something very much out of line. If the FA don't respond decisively on this, the whole 'taking a knee' initiative will be nothing more than a meaningless gesture.

He also better be stripped of the captaincy if true

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's taken you until now?

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Taking the knee is pure tokenism. If a player is guilty of racial abuse ban them for a season. 

From the 'Empire of the KOP' website: "There’s absolutely no place for racism in football, nor in society in any form but the twisted irony of the man who has been so public in speaking out for change and education on this matter – as well as this occurring on one of the specially selected ‘no room for racism’ game weeks – would not be lost on anyone... if anything racist has been said then we would all want and expect nothing short of the strictest punishments available."

The taking of the knee has become a meaningless gesture for a long time now , so much so that a lot of players who it’s supposed to represent are against it, it seems to be rolled out by the governing bodies as a show of support because it’s visible and looks like they are caring of the problem, when the reality is they haven’t really looked at other more meaningful responses to racism and how to stamp it out of our game, they are using the act of taking the knee as an easy response against racism because it looks like they are doing their part when in reality there is a lot more they could and should be doing. Taking the knee is now having very little impact on people if any, it’s time to move on and look at other ways to have an impact on racism and try to keep more current and impactful or risk going backwards in the fight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here following the T20 World Cup? (I know it’s not a good time for you lot)

Ireland putting in decent showing so far against England however England have closed our their bowling innings very well.

Loved the kiwis getting up over Aus (Kiwi parents & I can’t stand the Aus team & media as I’ve mentioned before)

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Anyone on here following the T20 World Cup? (I know it’s not a good time for you lot)

Ireland putting in decent showing so far against England however England have closed our their bowling innings very well.

Loved the kiwis getting up over Aus (Kiwi parents & I can’t stand the Aus team & media as I’ve mentioned before)

I'm not sure why this is in this thread and why it's not a good time for 'us lot'?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure why this is in this thread and why it's not a good time for 'us lot'?

Shit thought I had gone into the cricket thread! I just assumed it’s a god awful hour for you guys in the uk because when ever I watch Everton it’s midnight to 4 am. I’ll feel pretty well ripped off if it’s not to be honest 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Shit thought I had gone into the cricket thread! I just assumed it’s a god awful hour for you guys in the uk because when ever I watch Everton it’s midnight to 4 am. I’ll feel pretty well ripped off if it’s not to be honest 

:lol: 

Kopites, cricket, what's the difference eh?