IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Hi all,

First time commenting on here (never knew it existed, looks like you get a lot of decent discussions). Any way below is an extract from a Villa fanzine Magazine ‘Heroes & Villains’ about our friendly neighbours. Was given to me from a Villa fan who I work with.

Just thought I would share it all with you (made me laugh)

LIVERPOOL INNOCENT OF ‘EVERYTHING’

Liverpool Football Club have been declared innocent of all crimes, ever. The surprise announcement, believed to be the first time such a declaration has been made outside the Vatican, came during a packed press conference at the club’s Anfield ground.

Manager Kenny Dalglish read a prepared statement in which he stated. “Our player Luis Suarez was recently judged to be guilty of racial abuse, despite his innocence. Two of our supporters have been accused of similar crimes, despite them also being innocent. In addition, we have been accused of attempting to tap up Aston Villa striker Darren Bent. We didn’t do this and neither did we speak to Stewart Downing before he signed for us, nor that one with the fat arse who went to Manchester. It was somebody else who did it and we can prove that”

Mr Dalglish continued, “It has become increasingly obvious to all of us at Liverpool that a vendetta is being conducted against the club and therefore we have decided that in order to prevent such cases from having to come to court in the future, we are innocent of everything. It wasn’t us, we weren’t there, and in any case Chelsea made us do it.”

The announcement is believed to have been applied retrospectively, which means amongst other things that Jan Molby’s prison sentence never happened, John Barnes was never abused by his own supporters, Graeme Souness is a paragon of virtue and no Liverpool fans have ever done anything at all.

It also applies to Liverpool players before they joined the club, meaning Craig Bellamy is completely innocent while Andy Carroll has done nothing wrong in his life. The recent arrest of Stewart Downing following a domestic incident is thought to have been quietly forgotten, if it ever happened at all. Dalglish certainly claimed never to have heard of it when asked.

When questioned about the legality of his announcement, Dalglish replied, “Nobody’s ever said I’ve done anything wrong, I’ve never been criticised, so it stands to reason I’m always right. I’ve decided this so it’s true.”

Dalglish then walked away with his fingers in his ears and his eyes shut, muttering “La-la-la-la. I can’t hear you, I can’t hear you.” Kenny Dalglish is 64.

The new Anfield is a strange one.

My Dad works as one of the managers in the IT Department of an aluminium company and basically the company he works for buys aluminium and then creates doors, windows and stuff with it so that they can make buildings. They have made all the aluminium that is in the Manchester City ground, the Ipswich ground along with most of the fast food resteraunts in the UK such as McDonalds and Burger King. My Dad said that about a year ago they had the go ahead to start making plans with Liverpool for the 'New Anfield' (as in, they were having meetings and phonecalls about it) which meant that the process was probably in a late stage as obviously when you go to a company to order your materials you have an idea of what you want the finished product to look like and you know that your going to be able to fund it etc...

It's gone quiet since then but its inevitable that they will be moving from Anfield and not being bitter or anything but the ground a few posts up that Matt posted looks shite, it's like a cross between the Reebok and Old Trafford (something which Liverpool fans won't appreciate).

It's very hard to do much with a stadium design at a sensible cost. Of course, with a bit more money spent you can have something worth talking about like the Allianz arena, which looks like a tire and changes from red to blue depending on who's playing (shared ground)

Trouble is, most fans want a stadium that is 'better' than their rivals, in capacity and looks. All a club really needs is sensible ground that's easy to maintain, expandable (or shrinkable if needs be) and is safe (foremost) and comfortable... and if possible one that helps pitch stay in good nick too.

I can't see any of the modern stadiums being around in 50 years, let alone 100, and truth be known.... I think we'll all look back in 20-30 years and think "WHAT were we thinking not sharing stadiums?"

one of the main issues with the stadium is planning permission.

currently two designs have passed PP, the original rick parry bowl shown above, and the hicks & gillet wotsit. now, AFL have already revised their design on the 1st effort...here - http://aflarch.demonweb.co.uk/projects.php?action=showProject&catID=43&projectID=227

which looks infinitely better than the parry bowl, incorporating a massive 18k single tier "kop" end. however I think this deisgn is for a 72k stadium, which would currently be rejected.

according to chris bascombe, who I would rather murder than listen to, the original design has had some "tweaks" to bring it up to modern standards, so something between the two would be my guess.

years of screwing around, lies, and red tape have left us looking at paying £300m for a 10yr old design that would've cost less than half 10 years ago. which isn't good enough anyway IMO.

fuck me, I know this won't carry much weight on here like, but we're moving from one of the most revered stadiums in europe to a bigger version of boltons masterpiece. or a shit emirates / stadio de luz if you prefer.

Not happy, to say the least, but I can see the owners hands are tied here, any new design would need the whole PP process all over again from scratch.

Edited by johny

they're turning the current location into some sort of park I think. the anfield pitch is the final resting place of many people's ashes, both officially and unofficially, and the club were keen that nothing be built on it.. I think the hillsborough memorial and shankly gates, under the hicks and gilette plans at least, were to stay were they were. not sure what the plans are for this new (old) stadium though.

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Conway @richard_conway

7m

Liverpool apologise after video footage of alleged racist gesture during Man Utd game is featured on club website video

then

Richard Conway @richard_conway

Liverpool: "This was a mistake, it should not have been included and we are sorry it happened."

Retweeted by @philmcnulty

doh.gif

• 2 months later...

Carroll diving against his boyhood team would shock me if it weren't Liverpool he now plays for. Why is it always them doing scummy little things, everything about the club wreaks. Awful from the bottom up with the supporters to blame for their absolute scum of a team. Kopites always campaigning/complaining about everything always asking 'why it's always them?' but themselves, someone really needs to get them a mirror. They're not victimised they really are the scum of the football league.

What Glen Johnson seen was his team mate lose his fucking head and get deservedly sent off.

Didn't you know that a head butt is actually a sign of affection in some parts of Spain. It's just poor old Liverpool being misunderstood again!!!

Go take a look at Liverpool On Line Messageboard Forum and they're all talking about it.

I haven't seen the incident, and won't today, but it's not the first time Reina has been in the news for something. One of my best memories of him was during a shite derby game in 2006 when we ran out 3-0 winners and Johnson scored near the end after a Reina calamity, It was great fun at the time.

Their League form is appalling just recently.

Dalglish was seen as some kind of club savior when brought back, if they don't get themselves together soon, he may need to save them from a relegation.

Guest blueboy122

Go take a look at Liverpool On Line Messageboard Forum and they're all talking about it.

I haven't seen the incident, and won't today, but it's not the first time Reina has been in the news for something. One of my best memories of him was during a shite derby game in 2006 when we ran out 3-0 winners and Johnson scored near the end after a Reina calamity, It was great fun at the time.

Their League form is appalling just recently.

Dalglish was seen as some kind of club savior when brought back, if they don't get themselves together soon, he may need to save them from a relegation.

We can all well imagine what it says. I wouldnt waste my time looking at them kopite message boards. Nothing was there fault blah blah

Guest blueboy122

Didn't you know that a head butt is actually a sign of affection in some parts of Spain. It's just poor old Liverpool being misunderstood again!!!

Love it.

New Joke. Liverpool are appealing the Renia red card as in Pepe's hometown in spain it is a sign of affection and is commonly used day to day, no offence was intented. Haha

Its all perch's fault, fuck off perch.