IGNORED

Kopite Thread

He does deserve it, he's worked his arse off. My view is more to do with not really seeing why the shite would want him. I'm sure they could spend the £9m on a better, younger squad filler.

Scanning a couple of Liverpool forums they seem to think it's tied in with getting Lallana for less money.....apparently a portion of any fee paid for him will go to Bournemouth so the two clubs are colluding to screw the Cherries; pay over the odds for Lambert and get Lallana on the cheap.

Obviously have no clue if there's any truth in that.

Scanning a couple of Liverpool forums they seem to think it's tied in with getting Lallana for less money.....apparently a portion of any fee paid for him will go to Bournemouth so the two clubs are colluding to screw the Cherries; pay over the odds for Lambert and get Lallana on the cheap.

Hate shit like that. Lower league clubs getting shafted.

How shitty. Both clubs worth millions and they're (allegedly) trying to screw a lower league club out of a bit of money... Disgraceful.

Guest blueboy122

He does deserve it, he's worked his arse off. My view is more to do with not really seeing why the shite would want him. I'm sure they could spend the £9m on a better, younger squad filler.

£9M?

Every report I have seen has come out with a £4M figure.

Maybe they are "valuing" Lambert at £9m and offsetting the overpayment for him as an underpayment for Lallana.

Lets say £30m for the two players - instead of £26m for Lallana and £4m for Lambert, they are reducing the lallana fee.

Regardless, its sharp practice and I hope the likes of Liverpool and Southampton suffer with lower league clubs refusing to deal with them as a result of this. Pretty disgusted by this to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-27882680

disgusting. hope further action is taken against him

Margaret Aspinall, chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, said the families had agreed that the perpetrator's name should not be made public.

Someone will find it out, won't take a genius - anyone who worked with him will leak the name. Idiot, will receive more punishment than a sacking ever will. Do people actually think they will get away with stuff like this?

• 1 month later...

'Great (nail)biting stuff from a team that stuck to its traditions and resisted the allure of victory and the facade of winning. Amazing how a team with nothing jumped through loops and holes, sacrificed so much & dug their teeth right in there for nothing. Looking forward to the sequel "Flirting with Failure"'

i just don't think they'll be back in the top 4 this campaign. that back 4 is still the same weak unit it was last year (which was terrible). gerrard is a year older and slower. and lastly they lost suarez who scored a ton and created a ton of chances. i don't think sturridge and sterling and "new striker" can make up that load this year. i think they'll be top 7, but i don't think they'll be challenging chelsea and man city like they did last campaign.

i just don't think they'll be back in the top 4 this campaign. that back 4 is still the same weak unit it was last year (which was terrible). gerrard is a year older and slower. and lastly they lost suarez who scored a ton and created a ton of chances. i don't think sturridge and sterling and "new striker" can make up that load this year. i think they'll be top 7, but i don't think they'll be challenging chelsea and man city like they did last campaign.

disagree. somehow Rodgers has that group of mercenaries playing as a team and, as you mention, they get the defence sorted, they will be title contenders again this season. Suarez or not.

I can't see them being outside the top 4 but they have to find a lot of goals and assists. I can't see Sturridge scoring as many either. It just depends on whether the new players can chip in enough. Between Lambert and Lallana you probably have 10 open play goals if they start most games of the season but then where else do they come from?

I can't see them being outside the top 4 but they have to find a lot of goals and assists. I can't see Sturridge scoring as many either. It just depends on whether the new players can chip in enough. Between Lambert and Lallana you probably have 10 open play goals if they start most games of the season but then where else do they come from?

Sturridge was doing just fine without Suarez, can see him thriving again as the main striker

He was scoring but nothing like as effective IMO. It depends who they get in as a foil for Sturridge but I can't see him scoring as many.

We will never know. there were many chances for him to score but he setup Suarez many a time. Sturridge was underestimated by Chelsea and City but has proven, once given a chance, he knows where the back of the net is. I wouldnt make the same mistake twice...

You touched my heart you touched my soul.

You changed my life and all my goals.

And love is blind and that I knew when,

My heart was blinded by you.

I am a dreamer and when I wake,

You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.

And as you move on, remember me,

Remember us and all we used to be

I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.

on the suarez thread....i can't even.....

We will never know. there were many chances for him to score but he setup Suarez many a time. Sturridge was underestimated by Chelsea and City but has proven, once given a chance, he knows where the back of the net is. I wouldnt make the same mistake twice...

He didn't for England ;)

He is a goal scorer though, no doubt, but Suarez would make most players better than they are given his work rate and quality. I'm not saying he will suddenly stop scoring, I just don't think he will score as many.