IGNORED

Kopite Thread

It makes perfect sense that Remy's representatives would put this story out there. It's bad for them and their client if people think it's because he failed the medical.

As far as I'm concerned the medical is the reason, not Borini, but you can see why they'd try to muddy the waters by saying it's because of Borini.

thanks romey, you make perfect sense of it for me, gotta soften up this hard head of mine :dont know:

well i guess the next thing is, who's going to take a punt on him. surely at a cut rate now due to the heart condition he would be 8m to us. as a second striker with lukaku (fingers crossed) we would have quite the tandem.

Just finished reading Craig Bellamy's autobiography. Good read. Didn't realise he was so close to signing for us. Said he met Moyes in a hotel in Cardiff and was impressed. Went on holiday to think about it and came back really excited and ready to sign. Met Moyes again and said he was like a different man. Started telling him rules like "If we're 1-0 up and I move you to the right, I don't want you complaining about it". Put him right off and he signed for Blackburn instead and had an excellent season, scoring 17 in a poor side. Real shame that as at the time I remember us crying out for a pacey striker and I'm sure he'd have done well for us. I know he wasn't the most popular player but he wanted to win so bad, his frustrations sometimes got the best of him. Of course, being a Welshman, I may be biased but he showed how committed he was as he never, ever missed a friendly for Wales, even in the days where Toshack was in charge and we were a shambless. Remember a 40 year old Litmanen running show for Finland at the Millenium where we lost 2-0. Bellamy's interview after the game is priceless. He wasn't one to hold back that's for sure. Went on to talk about Gary Speed, whom he idolised, and said what a fantastic man he was. Still wonder what went through his mind that day as he seemed to have everything in his life at the time.

Edited by Geth

Just finished reading Craig Bellamy's autobiography. Good read. Didn't realise he was so close to signing for us. Said he met Moyes in a hotel in Cardiff and was impressed. Went on holiday to think about it and came back really excited and ready to sign. Met Moyes again and said he was like a different man. Started telling him rules like "If we're 1-0 up and I move you to the right, I don't want you complaining about it". Put him right off and he signed for Blackburn instead and had an excellent season, scoring 17 in a poor side. Real shame that as at the time I remember us crying out for a pacey striker and I'm sure he'd have done well for us. I know he wasn't the most popular player but he wanted to win so bad, his frustrations sometimes got the best of him. Of course, being a Welshman, I may be biased but he showed how committed he was as he never, ever missed a friendly for Wales, even in the days where Toshack was in charge and we were a shambless. Remember a 40 year old Litmanen running show for Finland at the Millenium where we lost 2-0. Bellamy's interview after the game is priceless. He wasn't one to hold back that's for sure. Went on to talk about Gary Speed, whom he idolised, and said what a fantastic man he was. Still wonder what went through his mind that day as he seemed to have everything in his life at the time.

This is what the England team miss - the unbridled passion of the Celts. Maybe, at some point, we really will combine the British teams. It would also give players such as Bale the opportunity to shine on the international stage. England would have to accept, though, that it wouldn't be Celts joining an England team but the English joining a British team. Big difference, and that arrogance has too often let England down.

Britain isn't a country though, drives me nuts that the US don't recognise that!

I was using British loosely as an adjective. It would be a UK team, but plenty use British to mean the same thing. You know what I meant, though.

Incidentally, Bill Clinton always called our country Great Britain whereas George Bush always referred to the United Kingdom. Politics! The former was after the Irish Catholic vote.

Incidentally, given there's no such country, why were we Team GB at the Olympics?

Incidentally, given there's no such country, why were we Team GB at the Olympics?

Controversial that, because although we're branded as "Team GB" we are in fact Team UK, because Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are included. Daft really.

Rodgers today.

"I don't think anyone has given us hope of getting in the top four. We loved the challenge last season and that is what we look to recreate."

Nobody apart from all the bookies who have you at odds on Brendan :rolleyes:.

Clearly learnt from the best, Jose, by trying to make out like everyone's against them.

I love taking the piss out of the red shite as much as anyone but the whole "slip" thing is getting so boring now. They didnt win the league, we laughed for a bit now get on with it. I even cringe when i hear other crowds singing the "Gerrard, Gerrard" song.

I dont know why im sick of it because whenever they do something good we never hear the end of it, but im bored it now tbh.

Who's arsed about them anyway, I honestly don't care what they do. Alls I care about is that we win.

Don't get me wrong I was praying they didn't win it. They didn't and now I'm with Goodison and have moved on.

That being said it was a funny video.

Was why I posted it; I've messed about with putting vids together in the past (not recently) and I thought it was a clever one.

(My lad showed it to me, I hate Facebook so wouldn't be there voluntarily :dry:)

Was why I posted it; I've messed about with putting vids together in the past (not recently) and I thought it was a clever one.

(My lad showed it to me, I hate Facebook so wouldn't be there voluntarily :dry:)

I know that's why you posted it and it was most definitely worth a watch. Little gems like that always are.

I was referring more to the singing about it in the match and stuff to be honest.

Guest blueboy122

We wouldn't hear the end of it if they had won the league.

So am not bothered if some people find it funny.

If they won the league they would be poking insults at us for years to come about it.

I still hear Kopites talking about 2005

Opened talks with Balotelli.

Just saw that and couldn't stop grinning. They want a "good behaviour clause" because, like Suarez, Balotelli is a talented player but an absolute nutter too.

Unsurprisingly, Milan rejected that :lol:

Will they ever learn?