Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robertson. Wanted him as Baines' replacement 😔 absolute steal at £11m. We'll spunk £30m on waste.

That's not my first name but I'll go with it if it sells shirts.

At Matt's request.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Brilliant. And what an emotional ending with Hasenhuttl dropping to his knees in tears at the final whistle. Love seeing that type of emotion. Love to see the shite lose, but especially so as I really enjoy this Southampton side

Mane .... His cheating got him nowhere. 

Plants back foot behind marker and turns on his back leg when opponent plays the ball..... Disgrace

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to hear Klopp after this one. 

If we get this transfer window right, we can be a dark horse for the title. Liverpool, united and city will grab the headlines but we are 4 points and 1 game in hand off the top. Just need to hang in there with them quitely as our last 11 games, theres only 2 teams i wouldnt expect 3 points from - and we have already gotten 3 from spurs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Btay said:

Be interesting to hear Klopp after this one. 

If we get this transfer window right, we can be a dark horse for the title. Liverpool, united and city will grab the headlines but we are 4 points and 1 game in hand off the top. Just need to hang in there with them quitely as our last 11 games, theres only 2 teams i wouldnt expect 3 points from - and we have already gotten 3 from spurs. 

The European games and tight fixtures definitely mean we should double down, we need the players anyway so get it done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I assumed he got booked for that?! 

Just double checked sky commentary and it doesn't even mention the foul. Glad I checked though as this made me smirk

"One shot on target from Liverpool and that was a scuffed shot by Mane."

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Just double checked sky commentary and it doesn't even mention the foul. Glad I checked though as this made me smirk

"One shot on target from Liverpool and that was a scuffed shot by Mane."

Klopp making out that mane was badly done to .... Joke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Trump rioter had a Liverpool hat. Rather than condemn him the kopites Photoshop an Everton banner and circulate it.

They done my similar with the Liver building attack. Fucking scummy fan base.

 

 

Where?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most fans in the modern era, I think Liverpool fans will just be desperate for a positive amount of profit in the 2021 accounting figures and of course an increase in season ticket prices to assist with the loan repayments. 

Who cares about cup competitions? It's profit margins that will be told to grandchildren of the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Klopp came into that club a decent man and had become the biggest douche in the league.  He’s become the biggest woe is me whiner and complainer.  He won the league and CL, and he still bitches like a 3 year old.

Fergie did that up until the day he retired!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 09:21, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i couldn't stand him either.  wenger too.  then you see a man like Carlo, let's his talking be known on the pitch, off it he's a gentleman.  doesn't bad mouth the refs, doesn't trash the other managers.  pure class.  

There are few like that, but not many. I'd include Benitez in that category, and also Roberto. Too many these days do whine and complain, rather like players doing the same on the pitch. Falling at the drop of a hat falls into the same category, and it spoils the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2021 at 14:21, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i couldn't stand him either.  wenger too.  then you see a man like Carlo, let's his talking be known on the pitch, off it he's a gentleman.  doesn't bad mouth the refs, doesn't trash the other managers.  pure class.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/51707268

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39637306&ved=2ahUKEwif2LamkbXuAhVJQMAKHToiALYQFjADegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw1-0fxGz3YE0rB4vJVfl8a6

I know what you mean though, but I don't think Klopp is particularly disrespectful. He is an energetic personality and his teams play in his mould. He is just a passionate man and that spills over some times. Carlo is the opposite, but I don't think that means Klopp isn't a decent bloke off the pitch, same with Fergie and Wenger. They are all very well respected outside of the heat of battle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What a beautiful day this is. They're now 7 points off City with City having a game in hand. And we're 4 points behind them with 2 games in hand. Sad Klopp is my favorite Klopp.

UTFT

Only one shot on target the whole game, so much for them being "back":D

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Let's hope City give them a clobbering over the weekend. That means they would head into the derby on the back of 3 straight home defeats, two of which were Burnley and Brighton 😂

Which would mean they thrash us 7-0 especially with the gloating going on :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites

They've played seven games against the bottom six and only won one of them (2-1 Sheff Utd). Klopp says they're "not fresh mentally and physically" (because nobody else is playing as many games as them are they?) but looks to me like arrogance, the same thing we were guilty of against Newcastle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

They've played seven games against the bottom six and only won one of them (2-1 Sheff Utd). Klopp says they're "not fresh mentally and physically" (because nobody else is playing as many games as them are they?) but looks to me like arrogance, the same thing we were guilty of against Newcastle. 

I thought he would blame the 5 subs he didn’t get.  He’s a whiner

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MikeO said:

They've played seven games against the bottom six and only won one of them (2-1 Sheff Utd). Klopp says they're "not fresh mentally and physically" (because nobody else is playing as many games as them are they?) but looks to me like arrogance, the same thing we were guilty of against Newcastle. 

His tactics need the opposing team to attack and leave themselves vulnerable. Mane has it in his locker to break through on his own, Firminio has the talent to find a pass but they have him run round like a headless chicken instead. They have exactly the same squad as last year, just shows how much the refs took the piss helping them last year to go on that run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His tactics need the opposing team to attack and leave themselves vulnerable. Mane has it in his locker to break through on his own, Firminio has the talent to find a pass but they have him run round Luke a headless chicken instead. They have exactly the same squad as last year, just shows how much the refs took the piss helping them last year to go on that run.

To be fair, they have not had anywhere near the same CB situation as last year. So while it's a little hyperbolic to say they have the exact same squad as last year, the thing that's been baffling to me is that it hasn't really been their defense that's been the issue.

It's been the attack, which has been the exact same as last year. Between the 1-1 draw with West Brom and the 0-0 draw with United, they started every match with Salah, Firmino and Mane, who were all banging goals in last year. And they scored once in those 4 games. 

It's been a real highlight of 2021 to see Klopp's sad face so often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

To be fair, they have not had anywhere near the same CB situation as last year. So while it's a little hyperbolic to say they have the exact same squad as last year, the thing that's been baffling to me is that it hasn't really been their defense that's been the issue.

It's been the attack, which has been the exact same as last year. Between the 1-1 draw with West Brom and the 0-0 draw with United, they started every match with Salah, Firmino and Mane, who were all banging goals in last year. And they scored once in those 4 games. 

It's been a real highlight of 2021 to see Klopp's sad face so often.

It's not just the CB situation though, they are taking their best defensive midfielder out of midfield and playing him at the back and then even Henderson, who is a huge player for them, is fitting in at the back when required. There is no dispute that they are weaker at the back. They are conceding goals they shouldn't and that creates more anxiety as you move through the team so the problem is throughout the whole team.

As an example, from an xG perspective they are still 2nd in expected goals scored and 3rd in expected goals against. Last season they were 3rd in xG for and 4th in xG against.

At this stage last season they were about 5 goals scored worse off and 5 goals against worse off as well (xG and xGA) which also shows the difference compared to last season.

Unfortunately they aren't a team I would write off. I think it will be difficult for them to get back into the league this season but next season I think they will bounce back and I would expect their better players to return to the type of goal scoring form they were in the last few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4307708/klopp-liverpool-struggling-with-fatigueno-break-like-man-city

Klopp now saying the reason City are leading is because they had a "two week break" due to covid. 

He's becoming a caricature of himself.

he is the biggest whiner.  everyone loved him before he got to liverpool, now he's such a bitch

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I hope we beat them in the derby last minute and ancelotti storms onto the pitch hugging the players the same way Klopp did. I am certain Klopp wouldn’t receive such an action as humbly as Marco did.

Was watching a 2018/19 highlights video, and that one popped up. And I was still seething, two years on, watching him running around the pitch like he'd won the world cup. 

I will also never forget or forgive Jordan for that mistake. No matter what he ends up doing for us in the future (which hopefully won't be past this season), that was the moment I stopped having any faith in him

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair to Klopp, he is right isn't he? 

It was a massive benefit at that time of the season to have a break (as it was to us and Villa too). It will catch up to all of us eventually, but especially City when Europe starts again. 

I'm usually one to try and find the other side of it (see above post about their squad this season), but no, he's not right. Sure, it was a massive benefit to have 8 days off (not 2 weeks, so he's about a week off there.) But to basically say that the reason they're leading is because they had time off is a man who's grasping at straws and desperate to deflect attention away from his team's horrible form. They're leading the league because they're the best team in the league. End of story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...