• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not my first name but I'll go with it if it sells shirts.

Robertson. Wanted him as Baines' replacement 😔 absolute steal at £11m. We'll spunk £30m on waste.

Ha ha.... according to SSN.   John Aldridge brands Karim Bemzema disrespectul after the Real Madrid striker turned down a move, stating that they were not a big enough club.   Ha ha ha!

Posted Images

14 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm usually one to try and find the other side of it (see above post about their squad this season), but no, he's not right. Sure, it was a massive benefit to have 8 days off (not 2 weeks, so he's about a week off there.) But to basically say that the reason they're leading is because they had time off is a man who's grasping at straws and desperate to deflect attention away from his team's horrible form. They're leading the league because they're the best team in the league. End of story.

Sorry I misread the post I quoted.

No I agree its not the reason they are leading but it is a big factor in whey they have held their form a little better over this period compared to others. It was the perfect time for a break, regardless of whether it was 2 weeks or 8 days etc.

I think people read too much into what managers say. All they are doing is trying to motivate their own players and get under the skin of opposition managers and players. 

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Salah throwing himself to the ground because his arm was held, just fuck off. Not saying it wasn't a pen (debatable) but just crazy overacting, Richy would be crucified for that but because it's golden boy media say nothing.

Plus it cost me points for Stones in my quest to to beat Carl, my only hope now is for Palace to win and Kouyate to score, so definitely wasn’t a pen Salah went down like he was shot simulation is cheating in my book. 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/02/2020-toll-on-liverpool-analysed/

This is what happens when you combine someone who thinks of themselves as William Shakespeare with a pure self indulgent kopite cult mindset.

Bus parade????  A bus parade.... They had VAR, injuries to man city and a media campaign to see them win the league no matter what ..... Millions of people around the world have had their lives irreversibly changed by this awful virus and this self obsessed nob head is gutted that their fans can't climb up lamp posts, piss in the street, and generally have a collective "come and join the crowd and make Liverpool look like we are the most supported club in the land".

No you dickhead, no other group of fans have such a massive chip on their shoulder cos Man United basically dismantled you for over 20 years and year by year made you feel shit despite perennial shouts of "it's our year"

Everton F.C never got to play in the European Cup because more significantly and tragically 39 Italian fans were killed.  This is something that gets lost, whenever we feel aggrieved that we never got to play in that competition - 39 fans died, nothing is more tragic than that.

Shit article by a shit fan. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56017062

regardless of the club he’s affiliated with, what a horrible situation to be in

Yeah I saw that and felt really sorry for him, a horrendous and unthinkable scenario to be put into (surely made worse by the current pressure on him from the media etc).

Regardless of the person or what allegiance they have - wouldn't wish that on anyone.

It's picking up on Twitter that Klopp has resigned as @Romey 1878 says, I can't believe it myself (would honestly be stunned) but who knows what's going on in his head, at most I could perhaps understand a period of leave with the personal things that he has going on in the background (which is awful IMO, really feel for him on that). 

He looks broken, but I don't think he would throw in the towel just yet. If he can limp Liverpool to the Top 4 this season they'll spend big and go again.

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As sad as anyones parent dying is I don't think that'll be the reason he leaves. He ran from the Dortmund job when it got tough. He also said he doesn't plan on staying at Liverpool long (was a surprise he signed a new contract).

I'd be fucked off if I was him.  He could by all rights just say to the board "give me koulibailey" and they should, there's no disputing that he's a top class manager.  

If we were in the same position fans would be going nuts.  He's the best manager they've had in absolute years. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours going round that Klopp has walked. 

I think it stemmed from a fake Joyce account and a few didn’t check and obviously it spread. I saw the fake tweet and clicked on to see the account had 50 odd followers so clearly a wind up!

As said already, I don’t like the man in a sporting sense, but got to feel for him. Poor bloke, many have had similar loss but maybe not in such a public role and it’s awful he can travel to another country for a football match but not for his mother’s funeral. Very sad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-aims-dig-everton-23504592?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR3bfxArnsPVw7uM-Cz4wa1rk9fmaAc5f27jjeMuxNuM59oLaTPrFijefIc

He said: "Nobody is happy with being fourth and only having 40 points and (potentially) being level on points with Everton."

Wonder how many condolences messages he's had off Evertonians this week. Man's got no class.

I don't pay attention to Liverpool or Klopp, but I think that is a genuinely disgusting statement considering he's having a dig at a fanbase who despite rivalry offered out their hand of support for him a difficult time. 

The lack of class is sadly not surprising, given how he has acted with BVB and Liverpool but it's still dissapointing all the same. 

55 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I don't pay attention to Liverpool or Klopp, but I think that is a genuinely disgusting statement considering he's having a dig at a fanbase who despite rivalry offered out their hand of support for him a difficult time. 

The lack of class is sadly not surprising, given how he has acted with BVB and Liverpool but it's still dissapointing all the same. 

And they use "rent free" against us constantly, can't remember any of our managers ever judging a season by our performance relative to them. Lots of us (me included) were worried when he got the job there because he was a nice guy and hard to dislike, but the red has seeped into him and he's become a grade A dick.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I actually don’t see the big deal. Tables reversed, I’d be pissed off being close to my old rivals. Don’t really see what the fuss is about. 

If any Everton manager judged their season on relative performance to Liverpool I'd be seriously pissed off, and reds would be all over it.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

If any Everton manager judged their season on relative performance to Liverpool I'd be seriously pissed off, and reds would be all over it.

I'm not sure he really is. I imagine the question asked of him was along the lines of "how do you feel about being on 40 points and level with Everton?"

The bit that was missed off the quote is “But this is the Premier League. Nobody is happy with being fourth and only have 40 points and [potentially] being level on points with Everton and all these kind of things."

I read that as I am not happy with us being on 40 points, level with Everton (responding to the question) or anyone else (all these kind of things). Imagine winning the Champions League, being 2nd two seasons in a row and then winning the league and now you are 16 points off the top, behind West Ham, and in touching distance of us and Villa.

For example here is the reverse topic:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/carlo-ancelotti-admits-everton-are-not-equal-with-liverpool-despite-draw-1603056641000

Ancellotti responds to a question asked of him comparing his side to Liverpool. The difference being that for Liverpool being compared to us is a step down. Whereas us being compared to Liverpool is a step up.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure he really is. I imagine the question asked of him was along the lines of "how do you feel about being on 40 points and level with Everton?"

The bit that was missed off the quote is “But this is the Premier League. Nobody is happy with being fourth and only have 40 points and [potentially] being level on points with Everton and all these kind of things."

I read that as I am not happy with us being on 40 points, level with Everton (responding to the question) or anyone else (all these kind of things). Imagine winning the Champions League, being 2nd two seasons in a row and then winning the league and now you are 16 points off the top, behind West Ham, and in touching distance of us and Villa.

For example here is the reverse topic:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/carlo-ancelotti-admits-everton-are-not-equal-with-liverpool-despite-draw-1603056641000

Ancellotti responds to a question asked of him comparing his side to Liverpool. The difference being that for Liverpool being compared to us is a step down. Whereas us being compared to Liverpool is a step up.

The question made no mention of Everton at all, not even hinted at, the reference came from him. Question at about 2'10", Everton reference at 4'10".

On 17/02/2021 at 11:21, pete0 said:

Hey, I'm not happy with only having 37 points and (potentially) being level on points with Liverpool, but I'm confident things will improve.

On 18/02/2021 at 15:05, MikeO said:

The question made no mention of Everton at all, not even hinted at, the reference came from him. Question at about 2'10", Everton reference at 4'10".

I take it back! What a scumbag! 

Hopefully we can rub that in and actually get level with them today! 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4323772/father-of-liverpool-goalkeeper-alisson-drowns-in-brazil

Christ that is horrible. Thoughts are with him and his family right now, I can't imagine losing a loved one in that manner. 

We can laugh at what's happening to them on the pitch but off it it's another matter. First Klopp and now this, crazy.