IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Surprised that Lucas appears to be on his way out; thought he'd become a major player for them (after a dodgy start). Don't know whether he wants to leave or is deemed surplus to requirements though.

Apparently he's looked out of form and out of place since returning from a decent spell out last season. With Gerrard moving deep, Henderson finding some form and Allen & Can providing cover I can understand wanting to get rid while he can still demand a decent fee.

Hate to say it but Liverpool looked useful against Spurs. The only bright light was that Balotelli missed three open goals in the first half. Two free headers inside the six yard box and he headed them both wide. Then the ball came to him just outside the penalty area with the goalkeeper stranded out of his goal and he hit it about 20 yards wide.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

They've bought up the surrounding houses haven't they?

I had an idea it was something to do with that, what's stopping us doing that?

Offering a few extra thousand over the market value of the property or what ever it takes and improving Goodison would surely be a cheaper option than building a brand new stadium. Apparently LFC spent £30M on failed planning applications and legal costs for a new stadium! Can't imagine it would take anywhere near that to buy the houses round Goodison. Just a thought...

Offering a few extra thousand over the market value of the property or what ever it takes and improving Goodison would surely be a cheaper option than building a brand new stadium. Apparently LFC spent £30M on failed planning applications and legal costs for a new stadium! Can't imagine it would take anywhere near that to buy the houses round Goodison. Just a thought...

LFC actually gave them less than the Market Value, was encouraged by the council. Residents were given no choice. Compulsory eviction apparently.

Been going on for nearly twenty years, wouldn't was us treating local residents the way they've done.

"Residents' bitterness derives from when the club started buying houses in Lothair Road, without saying they were doing so or making their intentions clear. The club used an agency to approach some residents, while some houses were bought by third parties then sold on quickly to the club. That left residents with the belief, which has endured ever since, that Liverpool were buying up houses by stealth, to keep prices low.

The club have never publicly explained in detail what they did, and declined to answer the Guardian's questions about their historic behaviour and current plans. Neighbours, many of whom have lived in Anfield for decades, remembering a vibrant, flourishing area, believe Liverpool bought and left houses empty to deliberately blight the area, intending it would prompt people to leave and drive house prices down."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Guest blueboy122

Been going on for nearly twenty years, wouldn't was us treating local residents the way they've done.

"Residents' bitterness derives from when the club started buying houses in Lothair Road, without saying they were doing so or making their intentions clear. The club used an agency to approach some residents, while some houses were bought by third parties then sold on quickly to the club. That left residents with the belief, which has endured ever since, that Liverpool were buying up houses by stealth, to keep prices low.

The club have never publicly explained in detail what they did, and declined to answer the Guardian's questions about their historic behaviour and current plans. Neighbours, many of whom have lived in Anfield for decades, remembering a vibrant, flourishing area, believe Liverpool bought and left houses empty to deliberately blight the area, intending it would prompt people to leave and drive house prices down."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Interesting!

I am sure we could do it in a more ethical way though?

Interesting!

I am sure we could do it in a more ethical way though?

Be a very long drawn out process though; and I'm not even sure redeveloping would be cheaper than building from sctratch. Certainly that's often the case with old houses, people knock down and start again because it makes more economic sense; unsure whether that'd be the case though, just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Without doubt, Liverpool are the luckiest team on the planet. Against QPR they should have been 3 - 0 down at half-time. The woodwork saved them twice and then a Liverpool defender, lying on the ground, stopped one going in with his back. Knew nothing about it. Then they get a fluke own goal and a winner in the last seconds of added time. The only consolation is that Balotelli is proving to be as big a mistake as Carroll.

Yeah I couldn't believe it either. Their luck will run dry this year though with Sturridge out. Sterling looked gassed and wasn't his usual self. I just don't think the players Rodgers bought are going to be that great. Can, Lallana, markovic, Enrique, manquillo, and balotelli haven't done much so far, not impressed with any of them. Coutinho on the bench? Just don't get it, I really don't.