IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Controversial one but I just don't see the big fuss around Raheem Sterling...

Yes he's quick and an exciting player but so are many wingers, he's an exact carbon copy of Aaron Lennon to me.

This whole he's going to be world class is bollocks to me.

Would rather have that Berahino from WBA.

I agree. He will end up like Zaha who had a very ordinary game for Palace yesterday. Sterling's main advantage is the number of penalties he wins, he does have a skill for diving.

Controversial one but I just don't see the big fuss around Raheem Sterling...

Yes he's quick and an exciting player but so are many wingers, he's an exact carbon copy of Aaron Lennon to me.

This whole he's going to be world class is bollocks to me.

Would rather have that Berahino from WBA.

He is a far better footballer than Aaron Lennon. Lennon is quick but brainless whereas Sterling can actually pick a pass as well as skip by players whether he is out wide or centrally. He isnt in the greatest form of his career at the moment but he will sort himself out.

I like Berahino though as well mind you. His movement is very good and although I find he doesn't get himself involved in the game enough at times, he does spring into life when the moment comes and he is an excellent finisher. He would link up well with the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, Barkley and Lallana in the England squad.

Guest blueboy122

Awful shout.

An even worse one....

I have seen Sterling type players come and go for years in the premier league.

Berahino to me has a much more rounded game and I would say they are about at the same level but as one plays for Liverpool he is the best player in the world.

Guest blueboy122

He is a far better footballer than Aaron Lennon. Lennon is quick but brainless whereas Sterling can actually pick a pass as well as skip by players whether he is out wide or centrally. He isnt in the greatest form of his career at the moment but he will sort himself out.

I like Berahino though as well mind you. His movement is very good and although I find he doesn't get himself involved in the game enough at times, he does spring into life when the moment comes and he is an excellent finisher. He would link up well with the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, Barkley and Lallana in the England squad.

I wouldn't say he is far better to be honest he is a slightly improved version in my opinion.

Both players stand out against poor opposition but when they play a decent defence they seem to go missing.

Rodgers chucking the towel in before kick-off tonight? Shocking, or maybe just realistic.

"A quite remarkable team selection. Liverpool make seven changes, with Martin Skrtel captain. There's no Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling or Mario Balotelli.

Liverpool: Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Lucas, Can, Allen; Lallana, Markovic, Borini."

I'd be pissed off if I was one of the players rested though, surely a game everyone would want to play in.

An even worse one....

I have seen Sterling type players come and go for years in the premier league.

Berahino to me has a much more rounded game and I would say they are about at the same level but as one plays for Liverpool he is the best player in the world.

Yes that was even worse than the first.

Rodgers chucking the towel in before kick-off tonight? Shocking, or maybe just realistic.

"A quite remarkable team selection. Liverpool make seven changes, with Martin Skrtel captain. There's no Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling or Mario Balotelli.

Liverpool: Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Lucas, Can, Allen; Lallana, Markovic, Borini."

I'd be pissed off if I was one of the players rested though, surely a game everyone would want to play in.

Lucas and borini? Yikes he's phoning this one in. I hope real put 7 on them and they lose out on goal difference to Basel.

I just saw this, too. What is the man playing at? If they get hammered (and they may very well get hammered), Rodgers could be looking for a new job.

Guest blueboy122

They've done well so far sadly, not a single threat on goal admittedly but they look more of a team than they have done for a while. Possibly back-up players with nothing to lose syndrome.

Edit: 1-0 Madrid :lol:.

That's exactly it Mike there isn't any pressure on them!

Guest blueboy122

Real ironically just aren't playing that well. At this moment Rodgers must feel smug. On the contrary, this is an opportunity, he's a tit.

I said last year that Suarez made him look good but was shot down

Guest blueboy122

Comparing him to Aaron Lennon, come on even you said it was controversial but Aaron Lennon.

They hold a lot of the same attributes and are very similar type players.. I don't see how that's tripe?

I wouldn't say he is far better to be honest he is a slightly improved version in my opinion.

Both players stand out against poor opposition but when they play a decent defence they seem to go missing.

I think he is because he reads the game better and can pick a pass which is something Lennon and your general quick tricky winger cant do so even if they can beat all 10 outfield players they are just as likely to mishit the pass or shot. Sterling is better than that and he is only 19 or something. He isnt as good as the pundits make out but he has a lot more in his locker than Lennon. In all honesty I used to think the same as you but I watched a couple of his games last season against decent opponents and he really impressed me.

Real ironically just aren't playing that well. At this moment Rodgers must feel smug. On the contrary, this is an opportunity, he's a tit.

Real did play well last time either. IMO they arent all they are cracked up to be, they can butcher you on the counter with the quality they have but they can be frustrated and caught on the counter themselves.

They hold a lot of the same attributes and are very similar type players.. I don't see how that's tripe?

As already pointed out Sterling has a lot more to his game than Lennon. He is versatile across the front unlike Lennon. His overall game is miles better than Lennons has ever been. You're also saying Berahino is better than him - not for me. Sterlings youth record speaks for itself. He's a top player and we could do with him here.

Guest blueboy122

As already pointed out Sterling has a lot more to his game than Lennon. He is versatile across the front unlike Lennon. His overall game is miles better than Lennons has ever been. You're also saying Berahino is better than him - not for me. Sterlings youth record speaks for itself. He's a top player and we could do with him here.

Wow...

Impressed MC you can actually put forward a decent argument.

Gold star.

Berahino record at this level speaks for itself and is superior to Sterlings in a much worse team and he wasn't playing with Suarez for two seasons.

Don't get me wrong Sterling is a dangerous player but no where near good enough for the build up he gets. I think the press and pundits get into player oppositions heads and then they subconsciously give him time on the ball etc because he is raheem sterling the next big thing...

Does that sound mad?

Am I being stupid or is the Liverpool just have to win there last 2 games to go through incorrect?

Basel have 3 more points than them?

Might go through if they win their last two. Basel would need to lose at home to Real and then Liverpool win by more than one goal at Anfield, if they win by one goal it gets a bit more complicated.

"If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,
the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending
order):
a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the
teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams
in question;
c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the
teams in question;
d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches
played among the teams in question;
e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking,
criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the
teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does
not lead to a decision, criteria f) to h) apply;
f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
g) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played;
h) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question,
as well as its association, over the previous five seasons (see
paragraph 9.02)."

i really hope real field a B team at Basel since they're already through. Basel draw them, and then can just play out a draw at anfield.

Hope that happens also; along with Liverpool losing (by more than one goal) in Razgrad. Then they're out, and won't even get the Europa place for third :P.