IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Just said to a kopite that his fans are disgusting sending death threats to Alan Davies.

The reply,

do Forest play on it? me: yes

do Juve? me: yes

Why are you obsessed with Liverpool. We've never played on that day before. me: thats not an actual reason

Its about respect me: wouldnt be more respectful to play the derby on that day

(a Kenny-esque spin out of now where)You're fans cant say anything you threw bananas at John Barnes me: that was awful, your fans were phoning the radio saying you didnt want a black man at the club

You done it 5 years ago at Diouf me: no we never

It was in the report yous did me: no we never, he lied, it would have been in all the papers and on MOTD. Thanks Liverpool for bringing that scum over in the first place thou

Genuine conversation with a 40 odd year old Liverpool fan 10 mins ago

I use 'The Liverpool Way' site - and they aren't so bad... of course there's a few morons as you'll find on any site, but it's not a bad board there. Not as rabid as RAWK.

Really looking forward to the semi final... I just can't bear the thought of Liverpool doing a double this season. I've nothing against them, but a double would be totally flattering.

It's between Everton and Spurs for me. Two teams that have been better than most would have expected, particular Everton given the financial constraints and loss of players.

The VERY best of luck for the weekend. I suspect quite a few neutrals will be cheering you on.

Alan Davis wasn't particular tactful and I'd possibly argue he was bordering on offensive, or at least 'insensitive'.

As a neutral, I think I can see both sides, and say it's a thin end of a wedge if you keep avoiding certain dates due to tragedies, BUT...

heart of hearts...

To anybody who heard those moments as they happened, and who still goes to games now, or worries about their kids at a match etc, then I have to say I have no problem with a club saying "you know what, in respect of those families and in memory of those that died - we will reserve this day".

Be honest, if it was Everton (or whichever club you support, or worse still, a family member)... I think you'd be proud of your club for saying "NO".

Liverpool have done some crazy stuff this last season, but I applaud them on this score. I'm no mad at those questioning their stance (I've done it too), but I can't really find fault in the stance either.

I like to consider Hillsborough as a reminder to ALL fans of what can happen, and I hope fans never forget that. We all want to arrive home after a game.

The Semi would have been the perfect day to come together, why wear the armband the next day when you have the opportunity to do it on the anniversary.

They should schedule a mini derby on it every year and remember them properly. It's Evertonian's families as well, our fans have more of a connection than the Norwegians they have filling their stadium now. Should be about families coming together not fans, especially with half their lot not even knowing about Heysel and still reading the S*n but as in true kopite fashion they show no embarrassment about not knowing their history that they constantly try to remind you about.

Liverpool fans really piss me off.

This sounds like am ranting about just one fan from outside the city, but scarily it is the majority of them. I hate them, probs couldn't point Liverpool out on a map.

I've got nothing against Davies, and yeah he may have said some things that got a reaction but I've also read some supporters who can understand his thinking.

I don't like talking about Hillsborough, it's too soon after 1985 and what happened in Belgium with Liverpool supporters. It's like I feel restricted or apprehensive about saying what I may really feel, but we can't look beyond the fact that what happened in Sheffield that day was a major disaster and a lot of club supporters lost their lives, mainly due to the ineptitude of the South Yorkshire Police and it's something that could have been avoided and after the event football stadia was changed forever what with the Taylor report.

I wonder if Bradford refuse to play on the anniversary of the fire, or Glasgow Rangers on the Ibrox disaster, or MUFC on the Munich airplane tragedy, just a thought, but I'll let it lie.

Seen a flag on 4th officail and a few kopite fb posts about Evertonians being wifebeaters, since when did we get this tag? Considering their players such as Downing and Carrol, and former players like Diouf, Cisse, and Barnes this seems like they're trying to flog their wifebeating tag on us. Kopitedont know.gif

I really can't think of anything to say here. Testing, testing..

This should see a significant number of additions tomorrow you would feel, if the worst happens and we get beat tomorrow, I'd rather it was at the stage it was at now, rather than the actual final, I mean a third Final defeat from those in (around) 25 years and I'd maybe go into cardiac arrest so the semi final offers a bit of a cushion, but of course would want a win without question but it's simply how I view it. Still don't feel overly nervous even though I know I should.

'LFC fans face travel misery next month for Cup Final day as train companies plan strike action'

I can understand their frustrations as I've endured damn travel chaos on the rail network so can sympathize a bit.

And What's an English FA cup Final doing, starting at 5 o clock, what the fuck is all that about, you simply take away all the tradition of the competition

dry.png Last year the excellent pricks at the FA even had the event on before the season had even finished, they're just making a mockery of tradition these days.

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/15155-fa-cup-final-travel/

Soccer is turning into a nonsense sometimes I feel, FA cup finals at different times now, played while the season is still underway, World Cup Finals in Russia and Qatar for crying out loud, what's that all about then. These authority figures and federations that makes these damn decisions need to give their heads a shake, really. FA cup Final day should be at 3pm on a saturday, at end of season, just as we remember it, at the national stadium too. I realize they had to relocate a few years ago to modernize Wembley, but always thought Cardiff was a strange choice. What if Cardiff themselves got to the final at the time, I mean it's not their actual stadium, but would seem a bit unfair on the opposition maybe or at least they would take issue with it, and where then would be the most appropriate venue etc.

• 2 weeks later...