IGNORED

Adnan Januzaj

He can play on wither wing or behind the striker, very versatile.

If we got him I would want him on a permanent transfer as he still much to learn to be of use as a loan signing.

If we had him behind Lukaku, with Mirallas, and Delu on the wings, that would be a very exciting attack, and in theory be there for years to come.

I'd be happy if we got him. I wouldn't be overjoyed with it like but I think he could flourish here.

Not on loan though, we're not here to blood uniteds kids.

Edit... I missed the swap with Coleman link.

Not a fucking chance in hell the cheeky bastards.

Edited by Paddock

It is only paper talk for now, there's no official announcement that I can find.

The lad reminds me a lot of Deulofeu; exciting young player with pace and lovely skills, coming from a big name club. Made some appearances which got the media excited, which in turn got the fans excited. Spot light landed on the kid who then failed to live up to the crazy hype the media created and he slipped into relative obscurity.

When he exploded on to the scene I said he was having a purple patch which, unfortunately for him, was short lived. A few moments of brilliance coupled with a lot of wasted possession and opportunities - again like Gerry.

But, there was enough promise shown to see there is a player there. He is a gamble, but a loan to buy would be a great bit of business if we can pull it off.

Not changed my opinion

I think he might be ok it might be how you utilise him,better than mcgeady yes.

I honestly don't think we've seen the last of mcgeady.

the lad is talented, I put my balls on the chopping board with him. But I'm telling you now he has got ability and can make animpact.

• 1 month later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-rumours-manchester-9800083

Everton FC are targeting a move for Adnan Januzaj but will face competition for the Manchester United winger from Sunderland, according to reports up in the North East.

The Sunderland Echo have linked the Blues with a move for the young Belgian in their story about the Black Cats' interest in him.

United boss Louis van Gaal said recently that he had been impressed by the winger in pre-season and would use him as a central striker, but with the Red Devils closing in on Pedro from Barcelona, that could lead to Januzaj leaving.

Too similar to Gerry. We can only afford to carry one such player.

I've been thinking about this actually. For the record, I'm not overly convinced yet by Geri, definitely not by Januzaj, but they're young and have massive potential so I'm trying to remain open minded.

Maybe they'd be a perfect complement. Not on the pitch at the same time, but imagine bringing one on for the other, once the FB has been worn out by the starter.

They've also both come from successful clubs and painted as "the next best thing", so they'll both have something about them and, since both clubs have let / are looking to let them go, they'll have something to prove. I'm wondering if they would see each other as competition and constantly challenge the other to step up. Brilliant for their development, brilliant for us.

More or less the same age, same type of player, same background in terms of being let go... I'm starting to think signing AJ would be a great move for us and would get the best out of Geri, too...

12m is nonsense though. A similar deal as with Geri makes sense or 7-8m outright.