IGNORED

Traveling from New Orleans for First Merseyside Derby!

Jake Guth

I have been a Toffee supporter for almost a decade now and I finally get to travel to Goodison Park and see them outside of the U.S.A! Although I am unfortunately traveling with a red shite kopite, I am aiming to go to the best gameday pubs and get the best experience possible.

Any suggestions ?

It's an veining kick-off, right? I've read that the city has been fighting to have the game played earlier in the day due to security reasons. It sounds like it will be a high intensity night. Maybe your buddy shouldn't wear any red depending on where you're sitting. I went to the Everton v. Spurs match in 2012 at White Heart Lane and wore my Everton jersey. The people around me certainly tried to make me feel uncomfortable, but I guess I got the full experience in that case. I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer if I have. I had a fantastic time, and Im really jealous myself that you are going. I want to do the same one day.

Do you want a drink after the game with other fans? or elsewhere? If you want a drink after the game with the fans then you could just follow the crowd (County Road may suit as there are a few pubs down there) Or if you want a different place to go, get into the town centre. Unless you get different advice from somebody else :)

Unless you are wealthy enough to have money to burn on a trip like this I would cut my losses and get as much of a refund as possible. After tonight's latest debacle it is likely to be nothing but aggravation in the pub(s) and a total embarrassment on the pitch neither of which I would travel 5,000 miles for, or however frigging far it is! You couldn't choose many worse times to come here just keep your hopes high and your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

I realize that this was probably the worst timed trip I could have taken haha. My friend is a redshite and we have been trying to find the dates to accommodate this game (we are both teachers and coaches). It has been 2 seasons to find a gamedate that suits us both - It is too late for a refund and getting back the time off of work

That being said - It will just make the trip the most debaucherous I could imagine, as I can't say I am expecting great results

I realize that this was probably the worst timed trip I could have taken haha. My friend is a redshite and we have been trying to find the dates to accommodate this game (we are both teachers and coaches). It has been 2 seasons to find a gamedate that suits us both - It is too late for a refund and getting back the time off of work

That being said - It will just make the trip the most debaucherous I could imagine, as I can't say I am expecting great results

We could perform very well in the derby, league form "goes out of the window" as the saying goes, and Liverpool won't "park the bus" so we should have more space to play and they're no great shakes themselves this season anyway. Travel with optimism and enjoy!

^^^ Thanks Officer Dibble! I wish the standings were better, but this has been a 2 year plan in the making... We could be in the relegation zone and Liverpool in 1st place and I wouldn't cancel this trip! I am pretty fortunate to have this mini-break of games before Crystal Palace and get my mind back onto focusing on the trip and not on salty results on the field

^^^ We could be in the relegation zone and Liverpool in 1st place and I wouldn't cancel this trip!

Now that's what I call an Evertonian!

My earlier post was a lame attempt at purging the disappointment of Monday night onto you and I take it all back. I love Everton as clearly do you.

COYB!

We could perform very well in the derby, league form "goes out of the window" as the saying goes, and Liverpool won't "park the bus" so we should have more space to play and they're no great shakes themselves this season anyway. Travel with optimism and enjoy!

Example, Nov 1994 we're bottom with eight points from fourteen games, Liverpool are fourth.

Keep the faith :).

(Can we clone Hinchcliffe please)