IGNORED

Wayne Bridge On Loan

Reading the paper the other day, 2million he would get sold for, WHY THE FOOK HAVNT WE TRIED IF HES GOING FOR THAT PRICE, A YOUNG ENGLISH FULL BACK FFS!

He'll end up going to west ham, Pardew seems to take a gamble <_<

Don't get me wrong Moyes has done well up to now in the market (this window) but he needs to start lookin at transfers like this, like louis said, loan for a season then maybe even less then 2mil!!

Wages Wages Wages.

If we signed Bridge - then he would likley to be the best paid player at our club (probabley best ever pay deal in our history) and that would then blow our currnet wage structure apart, and maybe upset a few other players on the way come contract re-negotations

Yes, I would love to see a player like Bridge at our place, but not at any cost.

There is a lot more that just paying a £2M transfer fee - one transfer could upset the whole balance of the squad.

Duff looks a bargain at £5M, but I would guess his wages would be double our best paid player. And didn't Scott Parker sign a £55,000 a week contract for the barcodes. Chelsea reject are not the bargains they may first appear.

If the Club intend to get Bigger and Better then they have to pay the going rate, not only in transfer fees, but also the top wages for top Players, otherwise we are always going to be a middle of the league Club.

Thats a very reasonable fee for Bridge, would he normally fetch 6 or 7 mill, ????

SO WE COULD BUY HIM FOR £2M AND GIVE HIM THE OTHER 5M IN WAGES ON A 4 YEAR DEAL. that transfer fee is saving money at that price. Chelsea want him off the wage bill.

If the Club intend to get Bigger and Better then they have to pay the going rate,   not only in transfer fees, but also the top wages for top Players, otherwise we are always going to be a middle of the league Club.

Thats a very reasonable fee for Bridge, would he normally fetch 6 or 7 mill, ????

SO WE COULD BUY HIM FOR £2M AND GIVE HIM THE OTHER 5M IN WAGES ON A 4 YEAR DEAL.  that transfer fee is saving money at that price. Chelsea want him off the wage bill.

42527[/snapback]

Spot on, mate. Nothing to disagree on that one.

I find it interesting, even people whop know a lot about footie completely forget the importance wages play in the tranfer budget of a team, at times.

Edited by xavier

I think his salary is more than £30,000 a week. And this paying 50% as a rule is rubbish. Some deals work that way, but for a player of Bridges callibre, the loaning club are likey to pay more than 50% as there is going to be lots of clubs interest.

You can't just all of a sudden have one player on the wage bill who is a lot higher than everybody else. Chelsea can afford to pay big wages, All Newcastle players seem to be on big wages anyway. I think our squad is about probabley about right on what we CAN afford.

Thing is we are a middle of the league club at present. But I think the squad is steadly improving and results, finishing position should follow. And with that you bring in one or two better quality players with bigger wages as we inprove, as well as offer better contracts to those player at the club and pushing us up the table.

But what you can't do is say we want to be big so lets start employing players with big transfer fees and big wages. We can all have Champagine tastes, but its dangerouse if you only have lemonade pockets.

We have invested decent money in (transfer fee and wages) Johnston this summer, lets not go mad and get ourselves in to finacial trouble by over streching ourselves.

I would guess if we could afford to bring Bridge on board this summer, we would try. If we can't we we won't was our time.

I think his salary is more than £30,000 a week. And this paying 50% as a rule is rubbish. Some deals work that way, but for a player of Bridges callibre, the loaning club are likey to pay more than 50% as there is going to be lots of clubs interest.

You can't just all of a sudden have one player on the wage bill who is a lot higher than everybody else. Chelsea can afford to pay big wages, All Newcastle players seem to be on big wages anyway. I think our squad is about probabley about right on what we CAN afford.

Thing is we are a middle of the league club at present. But I think the squad is steadly improving and results, finishing position should follow. And with that you bring in one or two better quality players with bigger wages as we inprove, as well as offer better contracts to those player at the club and pushing us up the table.

But what you can't do is say we want to be big so lets start employing players with big transfer fees and big wages. We can all have Champagine tastes, but its dangerouse if you only have lemonade pockets.

We have invested decent money in (transfer fee and wages)  Johnston this summer, lets not go mad and get ourselves in to finacial trouble by over streching ourselves.

I would guess if we could afford to bring Bridge on board this summer, we would try. If we can't we we won't was our time.

42610[/snapback]

Great post i mean you only have to look at Leeds... We are improving season on season and our squad is in the best shape it has been for many a year cant see anyone big coming in well not till Jan and we are top the league!!

Bridge would be a "Great Future" signing if not 4 the ready.

Juan Nuno Is over 30 As is the much Maligned Sandro, whilst in many min ds Naysmith aint good enough & wont nail the spot down for the next whatever years.

Bridge possibly & with Hibbert could well represent a dynamic pairng for more than the foreseeable future.

However, we have prob reached the barrells bottom & would @ this time be more in the market for cheap or more impact type players.

Shame as a few pennies now could solve a big prob down the road a liittle, but I doubt we have that kind of excess purchase money avail.

Abbition is one thing & we should be, but having the funds to really compete is another animal alltogether.