IGNORED

Fixtures through March

Last topic creation for awhile i promise.

I couldn't help but notice how incredibly "lucky"/favorable our next run of games are. If we don't take advantage we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I love the FA cup, probably equal to or greater than anyone on this forum, so i was gutted when we went out but hindsight is always 20/20 and thank goodness we did lose.

Derby Home (Liverpool have a replay midweek)

Chelsea Away (midweek, chelsea form down relative to season on whole)

8 days off for travel to Swiss Europa League game (no FA cup fixture over the weekend)

Leicester Home (coming off EL game cant ask for more than bottom team at home)

Young Boys Home (again i know we earned top spot in our group but if this is the travel game and the home game was the 1st leg this tie gets much more difficult)

Arsenal Away (tough fixture no doubt but wont have thursday travel to deal with and hopefully buoyed by advancement to round of 16)

Stoke Away (tough fixture)

Hopefully Europa 16 - 8 days off with no FA cup tie (hopefully we travel for the first leg again)

Newcastle home (great to be at home after travelling/cup game, average opponent)

Europa 16 2nd leg (again hopefully 2nd leg is at home but even if it isnt our Sunday game prior was at home so legs will be rested)

QPR Away (I know i sound like a broken record but coming off EL games cant ask for more than bottom clubs - QPR is about as good as it gets)

Realistically i'll say 11 points from those 7 PL games and we advance to Round of 16. Hoping for a good draw for that round.

My hopeful side says 15 points from those 7 PL games.

Thougts blues?

Last topic creation for awhile i promise.

I couldn't help but notice how incredibly "lucky"/favorable our next run of games are. If we don't take advantage we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I love the FA cup, probably equal to or greater than anyone on this forum, so i was gutted when we went out but hindsight is always 20/20 and thank goodness we did lose.

Derby Home (Liverpool have a replay midweek)

Chelsea Away (midweek, chelsea form down relative to season on whole)

8 days off for travel to Swiss Europa League game (no FA cup fixture over the weekend)

Leicester Home (coming off EL game cant ask for more than bottom team at home)

Young Boys Home (again i know we earned top spot in our group but if this is the travel game and the home game was the 1st leg this tie gets much more difficult)

Arsenal Away (tough fixture no doubt but wont have thursday travel to deal with and hopefully buoyed by advancement to round of 16)

Stoke Away (tough fixture)

Hopefully Europa 16 - 8 days off with no FA cup tie (hopefully we travel for the first leg again)

Newcastle home (great to be at home after travelling/cup game, average opponent)

Europa 16 2nd leg (again hopefully 2nd leg is at home but even if it isnt our Sunday game prior was at home so legs will be rested)

QPR Away (I know i sound like a broken record but coming off EL games cant ask for more than bottom clubs - QPR is about as good as it gets)

Realistically i'll say 11 points from those 7 PL games and we advance to Round of 16. Hoping for a good draw for that round.

My hopeful side says 15 points from those 7 PL games.

Thougts blues?

I would have to disagree with you on most of it to be honest

Firstly it is never a good thing to lose any game but especially so in the FA Cup

Then the fixtures this month are horrendous

Derby Home (Liverpool have a replay midweek) - They have a big enough squad to be able to cope with 2 games in a week and this will be a very tough game especially with Sturridge back and Gerrard refereeing his last derby

Chelsea Away (midweek, chelsea form down relative to season on whole) - They are the most in form team in the Premiership at home ( 5 wins and a draw in last 6 ) so another very tough game

8 days off for travel to Swiss Europa League game (no FA cup fixture over the weekend) - I would rather we has a cup game but the rest will do them good

Leicester Home (coming off EL game cant ask for more than bottom team at home) - Very true but its exactly the type of game we have fucked up in all season

Young Boys Home (again i know we earned top spot in our group but if this is the travel game and the home game was the 1st leg this tie gets much more difficult) - Its away and not the ideal preparation for Arsenal away , but we need to be able to cope with 2 games a week if we ever hope to be successful, Lennon cup tied so fresh for Arsenal!

Arsenal Away (tough fixture no doubt but wont have thursday travel to deal with and hopefully buoyed by advancement to round of 16) - We traditionally get a hiding here more often than not

Stoke Away (tough fixture) - Always a horrible place to go

Hopefully Europa 16 - 8 days off with no FA cup tie (hopefully we travel for the first leg again) - Hope so!

Newcastle home (great to be at home after travelling/cup game, average opponent) - Agree!

Europa 16 2nd leg (again hopefully 2nd leg is at home but even if it isnt our Sunday game prior was at home so legs will be rested) - I just hope we get through

QPR Away (I know i sound like a broken record but coming off EL games cant ask for more than bottom clubs - QPR is about as good as it gets) - They will need to come at us so hopefully a win, but if we aer still in a relegation scrap it cold be very nervy

I would have to disagree with you on most of it to be honest

Firstly it is never a good thing to lose any game but especially so in the FA Cup

Then the fixtures this month are horrendous

Derby Home (Liverpool have a replay midweek) - They have a big enough squad to be able to cope with 2 games in a week and this will be a very tough game especially with Sturridge back and Gerrard refereeing his last derby

Chelsea Away (midweek, chelsea form down relative to season on whole) - They are the most in form team in the Premiership at home ( 5 wins and a draw in last 6 ) so another very tough game

8 days off for travel to Swiss Europa League game (no FA cup fixture over the weekend) - I would rather we has a cup game but the rest will do them good

Leicester Home (coming off EL game cant ask for more than bottom team at home) - Very true but its exactly the type of game we have fucked up in all season

Young Boys Home (again i know we earned top spot in our group but if this is the travel game and the home game was the 1st leg this tie gets much more difficult) - Its away and not the ideal preparation for Arsenal away , but we need to be able to cope with 2 games a week if we ever hope to be successful, Lennon cup tied so fresh for Arsenal!

Arsenal Away (tough fixture no doubt but wont have thursday travel to deal with and hopefully buoyed by advancement to round of 16) - We traditionally get a hiding here more often than not

Stoke Away (tough fixture) - Always a horrible place to go

Hopefully Europa 16 - 8 days off with no FA cup tie (hopefully we travel for the first leg again) - Hope so!

Newcastle home (great to be at home after travelling/cup game, average opponent) - Agree!

Europa 16 2nd leg (again hopefully 2nd leg is at home but even if it isnt our Sunday game prior was at home so legs will be rested) - I just hope we get through

QPR Away (I know i sound like a broken record but coming off EL games cant ask for more than bottom clubs - QPR is about as good as it gets) - They will need to come at us so hopefully a win, but if we aer still in a relegation scrap it cold be very nervy

Absolutely spot on.

Duncan - im making an argument less so over the name of the opponent and more so the circumstances surrounding the game.

Liverpool - Replay on wednesday hurts them, sturridge can only play 20 mins, gerrard last derby yes but its at goodison not anfield

Chelsea - of course strongest team but over the last 2-3 weeks they have looked draw-able. Costa suspended.

Leicester - As i said at beginning of post - game like this no one to blame but ourselves. It is the best fixture we could ask for.

YB 2nd leg - is home not away so travel is minimal for arsenal (home leicester sunday, home cup game, away arsenal - advantageous for us)

Arsenal - as rested as possible

QPR - same as Leicester

Again maybe my point is dumb, overly optimistic or both, all im saying is if you look at the home/away and teams we play its a good run of games. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal are incredibly tough fixtures (probably favored in none of them) but i like the fixtures given all the circumstances to consider.

If you feel optimistic about the run, then good enough for you.

I feel ok about them too. But I haven't analysed any rest periods, or the oppositions games etc.

I just feel good that we are turning a corner. I've said it in other threads, bit by bit we will get back to being what we want to be.

That's not to be taken out of context, I'm not saying we have turned the corner...but the corner is approaching and so far we are indicating to take it. Hopefully we will.

If you feel optimistic about the run, then good enough for you.

I feel ok about them too. But I haven't analysed any rest periods, or the oppositions games etc.

I just feel good that we are turning a corner. I've said it in other threads, bit by bit we will get back to being what we want to be.

That's not to be taken out of context, I'm not saying we have turned the corner...but the corner is approaching and so far we are indicating to take it. Hopefully we will.

Beating Palace 1-0 is hardly turning a corner especially given our dross performance against WBA.

Beating Palace 1-0 is hardly turning a corner especially given our dross performance against WBA.

Yep. That was a predictable reply.

Go back and read what I said...did I say we have turned the corner? Or did I basically say 'don't take it out of context, we haven't turned yet'?

Yep. That was a predictable reply.

Go back and read what I said...did I say we have turned the corner? Or did I basically say 'don't take it out of context, we haven't turned yet'?

I read it exactly right. What planet does beating 1-0 playing shite indicate we're turning a corner. Results before indicate no change at all. 0-0 against a woeful WBA team who incase you never missed it got absolutely thumped 3-0 at home by Tottenham Saturday, before that we were that bad we were happy getting knocked out on pens and getting a last minute draw against West Ham who Liverpool easily dispatched on Saturday.

I get you want to be optimistic Newty and there's nothing wrong with that but if you're going to make statements like we're turning a corner or are about to with virtually no evidence to back it up you are going to have to expect people to disagree.

Your glass is half full , always and again there is nothing wrong with that but one scrappy win is not getting close to turning a corner in my eyes. The next two games we could get whalloped then where will we be?

One game at a time for me and that corner is still WAY down the street mate, trust me on that.

Duncan - im making an argument less so over the name of the opponent and more so the circumstances surrounding the game.

Liverpool - Replay on wednesday hurts them, sturridge can only play 20 mins, gerrard last derby yes but its at goodison not anfield

Chelsea - of course strongest team but over the last 2-3 weeks they have looked draw-able. Costa suspended.

Leicester - As i said at beginning of post - game like this no one to blame but ourselves. It is the best fixture we could ask for.

YB 2nd leg - is home not away so travel is minimal for arsenal (home leicester sunday, home cup game, away arsenal - advantageous for us)

Arsenal - as rested as possible

QPR - same as Leicester

Again maybe my point is dumb, overly optimistic or both, all im saying is if you look at the home/away and teams we play its a good run of games. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal are incredibly tough fixtures (probably favored in none of them) but i like the fixtures given all the circumstances to consider.

Yes I know but the point remains , February is our toughest run of fixtures for the remainder of the season

I read it exactly right. What planet does beating 1-0 playing shite indicate we're turning a corner. Results before indicate no change at all. 0-0 against a woeful WBA team who incase you never missed it got absolutely thumped 3-0 at home by Tottenham Saturday, before that we were that bad we were happy getting knocked out on pens and getting a last minute draw against West Ham who Liverpool easily dispatched on Saturday.

I get you want to be optimistic Newty and there's nothing wrong with that but if you're going to make statements like we're turning a corner or are about to with virtually no evidence to back it up you are going to have to expect people to disagree.

Your glass is half full , always and again there is nothing wrong with that but one scrappy win is not getting close to turning a corner in my eyes. The next two games we could get whalloped then where will we be?

One game at a time for me and that corner is still WAY down the street mate, trust me on that.

Ok. Guess that told me.

We have different views. I'm big enough to accept that.

I guess we are looking at different evidence. We see things very differently. Very differently. I could go on, bit it's a bit pointless really when we are at different ends of the scale.

But hey ho, each to their own.

• 3 weeks later...