IGNORED

Adrien Rabiot

• 4 years later...
16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

No he turned us down to join Juventus on a free in the summer and has sat on their bench since. Potentially a brilliant player.

Hopefully it’s humbled him a bit then. If he just signed though, he’s going to be an expensive acquisition 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hopefully it’s humbled him a bit then. If he just signed though, he’s going to be an expensive acquisition 

i doubt it.  juve have way too many players (midfielders especially), Emre Can a regular at the Shite isn't in the squad and is wantaway as well.  They would probably be happy to shed his high wages and get something for him since they got him for free, i could see Juve being all about it.  

11 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

That article ends with the line "especially when younger and more talented options can be had a fraction of the overall cost".  Who exactly would that be?  Not many stellar names that I can think of in that position available in January, let along both younger than 24 and more talented. 

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

That article ends with the line "especially when younger and more talented options can be had a fraction of the overall cost".  Who exactly would that be?  Not many stellar names that I can think of in that position available in January, let along both younger than 24 and more talented. 

agreed laughable to say that and then not name one of those players.  

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Think we ought to ignore the midfield till summer, we have to see how Bgamin and Gomes shape up when they're fit. I think we have enough cover to at least see the season out.

Disagree. We need to get to the end of the season first of all, and any more injuries to the midfield will cause big trouble. Secondly, we need depth and quality for competition. A starting CB and starting CM this window is what we need. The rest can be addressed in the summer (e.g. RW)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Disagree. We need to get to the end of the season first of all, and any more injuries to the midfield will cause big trouble. Secondly, we need depth and quality for competition. A starting CB and starting CM this window is what we need. The rest can be addressed in the summer (e.g. RW)

Can we afford to keep buying with out getting wages of the books, we could be stopped by the FFP rule, or couldn’t we?

15 hours ago, Matt said:

We've got enough to see out the season Matt, were not going down and the best we can hope for is seventh or eighth. We will have three months to sort the team out in the summer.

I think January transfers reek of panic and are usually never any good, and IMO we need to shift a lot of dead wood before we think of bringing more in. 

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

We've got enough to see out the season Matt, were not going down and the best we can hope for is seventh or eighth. We will have three months to sort the team out in the summer.

I think January transfers reek of panic and are usually never any good, and IMO we need to shift a lot of dead wood before we think of bringing more in. 

So far as I can see, we’ve got 2.5 senior CMs for 2 spots fit, maybe 3.5, none of whom can really defend.

ordinarily I’d agree with you for January, but in every position but CM we have at least 1 backup. That’s not reeking of panic, that’s just basic maths and risk avoidance. 

STCC has apparently been abolished and in my short google search at the airport, the FFP rules seem non-existent unless you’re in Europe. Plus, we’ve been signing loads of commercial deals in the last 12 months, so even if STCC isn’t 100% gone, we can dance around any EPL FFP regulations. It’d still be good to clear some wages off the books, but so far as I can see, there’s nothing since July 2019 that I can find that’s an issue. 

• 5 months later...